[FM18] - Rovers Return?

stevemc

2 hours ago, warlock said:

I can only apologise for urging you to this episode in your career - obviously far too easy for a manager of your calibre :lol:.

Some great signings there... should be a repeat performance this season!

:D

I'll probably stay one more season and look to move on, but the rate I'm hoovering up young talent, I won't have any targets left to sign :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monaco: 2022/23 - Summer/August

I'd like to introduce you all to our new Summer signing, Paul Pogba :D £102m prised him away from Manchester United, I just had to do it...

2r5tfyd.png

2cpylbm.png

2jabg5.png

Here is a roundup of our window:

mrwu8o.png

Some good news, our new signing, 18 year old centre back Louis Colin had a storming World Cup:

2hdzb4x.png

Our first game of the season was Trophée des Champions game against Pep Guardiola's PSG, and look at that comeback - he was fuming afterward, and got all bitter :D Once again, big game player, Mauro Icardi steps up to the plate...

14vr38k.png

2uhxnuv.png

Second game of the season was in the Super Cup at St Mary's Stadium, against Luis Enrique's Europa League winner's Manchester City. This was a close game until the 82nd minute and the last couple of goals were purely cosmetic:

301cwpl.png

Moving on to the league, it's not really a surprise that Mauro Icardi is tipped to be leading scorer:

15fgej8.png

And he opened his account in the first game of the season :D

2d8qhaw.png

The Champions League draw has been made, as we look to retain our European crown...

dmz2ja.png

Monaco: 2022/23 - September

Steady month, poor slip up at home Montpellier resulted in up conceding a 95th minute equaliser. Since that game, and me fining 4 players two weeks wages, out performances have picked up :D Luckily, PSG also slipped up, leaving us top on goal difference after 8 games.

2mc6efr.png

We've had a solid start in the Champions League too, game week 1 saw us win, and in game week 2, we picked up a handy point away at Atletico Madrid:

jud1l4.png

kutrd.png

Monaco: 2022/23 - October

This was a great month for us in the league, we smashed Lyon 8-0 in an unreliable match, and followed it up with a 3-2 away win at PSG, in their new stadium. Mbappé is ridiculous though, someone needs to buy him out of this PSG team :D

30wqpl3.png

We also made light work of Nice in the derby, with a comfortable 5-0 win.

35mjtxk.png

3wxhz.png

We took another step closer to Champions League progression with a home win against Besiktas in game week 3:

2yl1st3.png

One big plus has been the form of Pietro Pellegri, with the injuries to Lemar and Icardi, the wonderkid has banged in 13 goals in 8 games and now the big clubs are scouting...

2vaiob8.png

Also managed to tie Thomas Lemar down to a long term contract, fighting off interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona. Just Fabinho to sort now, even more so since he broke onto the international stage for Italy...

• 3 weeks later...

Monaco: 2022/23 - November

In the Champions League, a 0-0 draw away in Besiktas makes topping our group a little more difficult, we will now need to turn over Atletico in the final group game to top the group.

1z4bpes.png

mhqb8.png

In the league, Fabinho has had a brilliant month, not dropping below an 8 rating, leading the team to an unbeaten month, and keeping up three points clear at the top of Ligue 1 Conforama.

vp7whx.png

Monaco: 2022/23 - December

December was a busy month, with not so many league games.

2dik0f8.png

We qualified top of the Champions League group thanks to a heavy win over Atletico at home, our reward was drawing Juventus again in the knock outs :D

2vmdfdj.png

1zek0gz.png

We also won the Club World Cup, hosted by the USA :D

33tttfd.png

e7yz2g.png

Monaco: 2022/23 - January

Another solid month, progressing in cups and winning league matches, still playing catch up in the league due to the World Club Cup, but we are top.

15ha81.png

We've progressed in the Coupe de Ligue to the final, where we meet PSG again, in the hope to avenge last season's cup final defeat:

10dy4px.png

We also have a Ballon d'Or winner :D

k0q7gj.png

Only made one signing, 6ft7in Brazilian striker Antonio Coelho for £17m, who could be a great investment...

orjw2x.png

Monaco: 2022/23 - February

The perfect month.

PSG slipped up, and we also beat them, the league is now almost a formality.

20z9u81.png

339ssqv.png

Injuries are starting to mount up now, having to dip into the reserve team to pad the squad out.

In the Champions League, we drew Juventus again like last season, and we scored 6 away goal in Turin, turning them over 6-3:

5knm8o.png

I read your thread yesterday but the Liverpool game was starting just as I finished reading so I forgot to comment :D

I love the layout of the thread, looks great! Your updates are great too, really impressive career so far. I was really taken aback by "Rovers Return" being a "Leave Blackburn asap" though :D But this was worth the read. I'll continue to follow :thup:

Archived