How many Leagues are you running and what's your database

27 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Resurrecting an old thread, but has anyone ever loaded every player in the game and what implications this has, I think it's around 380,000 players?

ive just started a save with 380000 players and with total leagues of around 140 (all playable). Apart from it been a bit slow when going day to day (not as slow as i expected), things are working fine. Im expecting it to eventually crash but as its what i consider to be my test save and not my main one, im  prepared to accept that in the  course of seeing just how far the game can be pushed.

All leagues loaded and small DB. 2 year old laptop with 8 gb ram. Runs at the speed I like. Looking at about 2 weeks a season at the rate I am going. Just started and I am 2 months into my save. I like it at the speed. Never understood people who have like 3 seasons done the day of release. How do you enjoy your game whipping through it like that?

Trevor L.

4 hours ago, stevemc said:

Resurrecting an old thread, but has anyone ever loaded every player in the game and what implications this has, I think it's around 380,000 players?

It's the only way i play.
Summer season change and transfer deadline day are the slowdowns i get. Otherwise it's breezing through.
Up until this past summer i was playing the game on a 5-6 year old system and it was still good.

34 minutos atrás, Trevor L. disse:

All leagues loaded and small DB. 2 year old laptop with 8 gb ram. Runs at the speed I like. Looking at about 2 weeks a season at the rate I am going. Just started and I am 2 months into my save. I like it at the speed. Never understood people who have like 3 seasons done the day of release. How do you enjoy your game whipping through it like that?

Trevor L.

How long does it take to process lets say a sunday or a saturday?!

26 minutos atrás, roykela disse:

Summer season change and transfer deadline day are the slowdowns i get. Otherwise it's breezing through.
Up until this past summer i was playing the game on a 5-6 year old system and it was still good.

how do you accomplish such good speeds on all the leagues?

4 minutes ago, TioPatinhax said:

how do you accomplish such good speeds on all the leagues?

Current specs:
CPU - Intel Core i7 9700K @3.66GHz running @4.7GHz
RAM - 16GB DDR4 2600MHz

Former specs:
CPU Intel Core i7 3820 @3.66GHz running @3.8GHz
RAM - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

Now, the difference between those two systems were very noticable after i had upgraded.
Other than that i have no leagues on view only. The detail level on Default.

Breezing through might be the wrong word to use from a general point of view.
It's slower than what most people like. Although i haven't timed it i have to say that FM20 is very quick in processing between matches.
I'm used to having to wait a short few minutes. This time it feels like i don't have to wait at all.
I play one match and all of a sudden one week has passed and it's time for the next one.

My recommendation would be to try it out just to see how your own computer would deal with it.
I don't do anything special here to make it go faster. The 4.7GHz it's currently running on is the stock turbo speed. I haven't done anything manually myself.

1 hour ago, TioPatinhax said:

How long does it take to process lets say a sunday or a saturday?!

last night it took about 4 minutes to get through a normal saturday. I have seen a few heavy days where it seems every league has a game going. Takes about 8-10 minutes then. I know some dont like that, but it works fine for me.

Trevor L.

3 hours ago, roykela said:

I’ve got a brand new laptop so I think I’m going to try loading every player in the game, see what happens. I don’t mind the odd slow down as I don’t like flying thru saves anyway, I like to have thinking time and take my time.

3 horas atrás, roykela disse:

Current specs:
RAM - 16GB DDR4 2600MHz

Former specs:
RAM - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

Now, the difference between those two systems were very noticable after i had upgraded.

It's slower than what most people like. Although i haven't timed it i have to say that FM20 is very quick in processing between matches.
I'm used to having to wait a short few minutes. This time it feels like i don't have to wait at all.
I play one match and all of a sudden one week has passed and it's time for the next one.

My recommendation would be to try it out just to see how your own computer would deal with it.
I don't do anything special here to make it go faster. The 4.7GHz it's currently running on is the stock turbo speed. I haven't done anything manually myself.

does it get increasingly worse as the seasons continue on?

1 hour ago, stevemc said:

I’ve got a brand new laptop so I think I’m going to try loading every player in the game, see what happens. I don’t mind the odd slow down as I don’t like flying thru saves anyway, I like to have thinking time and take my time.

Doesn't hurt trying it.
I'm an impatient gamer but i do not need to blitz through everything in spite of that.
It's surprisingly quick in processing for me, this year.

37 minutes ago, TioPatinhax said:

does it get increasingly worse as the seasons continue on?

A bit but not too bad. It's incremental. So if you keep on playing you won't really think about it. If you get quite a bit into the future and then start a new save you will definitely notice the difference.
But it depends on your computer as well.
I play one save each FM. I normally end up around year 2060. And that is while taking 2-3 long breaks during the FM release year.
I do notice longer slowdowns as time goes by at the forementioned dates but nothing that i find troublesome personally.
Save file becomes very large though. My save file in FM19 was about 1.5GB. Saving the game that far into the future might take longer but in that case it's hardly noticable.

• 1 month later...
On 25/11/2019 at 12:01, Steve8066 said:

ive just started a save with 380000 players and with total leagues of around 140 (all playable). Apart from it been a bit slow when going day to day (not as slow as i expected), things are working fine. Im expecting it to eventually crash but as its what i consider to be my test save and not my main one, im  prepared to accept that in the  course of seeing just how far the game can be pushed.

So I've run a test with every player loaded, brand new laptop but have to say IMO there was a noticeable different in speed to my usual set up of around 70-100K players. I found process slowness in the transfer market, player searches and scout reports.

Wasn't offensively slow but I could tell.

I'll probably revert back to my usual settings as a happy medium.

Edited by stevemc

How many leagues are you running in your current save. With how many players loaded

Always interested to see what people are doing

At the moment i'm playing on Google Stadia 

England (All), Italy, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Romania, Hungary, Germany, Holland 

65k Players loaded 

I currently have around 115k players with around 50 leagues. I have the top 10 European leagues plus their lower divisions, then a few random nations for regens and localization, also USA, Mexico and Costa Rica, Brazil, Argentina and Colombia, finally Ivory Coast, Nigeria, DR Congo and Ghana.  

• 1 year later...

Reading this thread I was afraid for nothing, with a good laptop:

Intel® Core™ i7-10750H 

RAM 16GB (2x8GB), DDR4, 2933MHz,

GeForce® RTX 2060 with 6GB GDDR6

I was thinking if I selected 100k players I would have problems in performance, but you guys show me that "stars" are not a reliable indicator of how good the game will run. 

My next save I will put 200k or more playes on database.

Great discussion! 

On 25/11/2019 at 16:45, roykela said:

Current specs:
RAM - 16GB DDR4 2600MHz

Former specs:
RAM - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

I have an i7 9700k and its at 4.8ghz with 16gb 3200mhz ram and i have about 20 leagues playable and the top 10 leagues on full detail with all European cups on full detail and to me it breezes thought but it might be slow to other people, i'm currently in my 12 season

Edited by jckc221013jamie

• 2 years later...

Currently 14 nations with all leagues loaded (extended lower league databases in England and N Ireland), and there will be 24 nations active come June game time. Using a small database with every league available using edited databases, so every country is a possibility for me. Full detail on each top division and each FA Cup. Also full detail used on International and continental matches. I upgraded my pc last September and I have never used as much full detail settings in a save. Love it. Player Count fluctuates between 127,000 and 136,000.

PC specs: 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700kf, 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM.

Ticks over just fine (1/2 star game speed in FM settings) and happy with the immersion. I use the add/remove feature each season depending on in game world qualifications of competitions.

On 14/04/2023 at 13:12, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Currently 14 nations with all leagues loaded (extended lower league databases in England and N Ireland), and there will be 24 nations active come June game time. Using a small database with every league available using edited databases, so every country is a possibility for me. Full detail on each top division and each FA Cup. Also full detail used on International and continental matches. I upgraded my pc last September and I have never used as much full detail settings in a save. Love it. Player Count fluctuates between 127,000 and 136,000.

PC specs: 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700kf, 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM.

Ticks over just fine (1/2 star game speed in FM settings) and happy with the immersion. I use the add/remove feature each season depending on in game world qualifications of competitions.

Looks like that is a good set up. I have the same currently (Players wise) 

3 hours ago, oche balboa said:

Looks like that is a good set up. I have the same currently (Players wise) 

I actually really enjoy having full detail on alot of leagues now purely from a more realistic perspective. I change the playable nations each year depending on what teams get to last 8 or last 4 of continental and international competitions. This can give lesser nations a chance to shine and develop if one of their clubs reached my selection criteria. Keeps the save interest fresh too. 🙂

• 2 months later...

South America:

Div 1 and Div 2 (strongest leagues): Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador
Only Div1: Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay
Not loaded (weakest league): Venezuela

Europe: (same logic, using UEFA coefficient, Div1+2 for the strongest leagues, then only Div 1 for some other strong leagues, and the rest are not loaded)

Div 1 and Div 2: Germany, Spain, France, England, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal
Only Div 1: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Scotland, Greece, Israel, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine

North America:

Only Div 1: Mexico and USA

Africa:

Only Div 1: Egypt

Asia:

Only Div 1: Saudi Arabia

-----

I like to manage in different teams/countries in the same save, so I tried to make a balanced and realist world (as far as my computer can handle), I resigned Asia and Africa (loaded one league from each continent so they can have some strong representation in the FIFA Club World Cup, also Saudi Arabia has a good transfer activity), NA I think it's pretty well covered with only loading Mexico and USA, SA and EU are very complete in my opinion.

Custom DB where I load international players, players from top clubs, with cont. rep., and from club in cont. competitions from every country (155k players)

Default Details, I didn't touch that.

I don't have any "View only" league.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say its not all about how many leagues you load or what DB size you are using. For me its also the Level of Detail you are playing.

If you are scouting really much you need good data. Good data means correct data and that means high level of detail, eg for moneyball

So sometimes, esoecially for longer runs , lesser is more i think.

Wondering how many leagues I’ll be able to run with my new setup?

Windows 11 64bit

Intel Core i9-12900KF Desktop Processor 16 (8P+8E) Cores up to 5.2 GHz 

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 GAMING 16GB OC GPU

Ram 32gb

Hard drive 2tb SSD, 250GB SSD for windows and a Standard 4TB. 

On 20/07/2023 at 19:00, Wizard boy said:

Wondering how many leagues I’ll be able to run with my new setup?

Windows 11 64bit

Intel Core i9-12900KF Desktop Processor 16 (8P+8E) Cores up to 5.2 GHz 

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 GAMING 16GB OC GPU

Ram 32gb

Hard drive 2tb SSD, 250GB SSD for windows and a Standard 4TB. 

As many as you want.  Speed is personal preference after all. 

You can benchmark your setup here