Sports Interactive Community
Stuart_21

Football Manager 2018 18.2.2f1055984 has stopped working

I’ve been playing this FM18 save for 4 seasons now and I’ve never once had this problem. Every time I save the game I get the pop up message “Football Manager 2018 18.2.2f1055984 has stopped working.” Which results in the program closing. The crash only ever happens when I save the game.

In terms of custom graphics/logos, graphics driver, virus protection etc nothing has changed from the 4 previous seasons I’ve been able to complete.

It gives me the opportunity to run debug diagnostics in VS but after letting it debug for 35 mins last night nothing came back.

4F3BAAFE-1350-4F1E-9E90-31BA570B7A8A.jpeg

Does this error still appear if you remove all your custom graphics? I know you mention it's been fine for 4 seasons but any sort of AV or Windows update could have potentially conflicted so would be good to double check.

Yeah, I tried removing the graphics last night and it allowed me to save the game once. However, after a few in game weeks the second time I went to save the game the reoccurring error persisted.

I have this same problem. Never had it trying to save but I get it when I try to continue to the next day. I've removed graphics/fixes/skins, reinstalled the game, started new games with small database and 1 league, no change. Haven't even been able to complete the 1st season. Very frustrating. Hope you find a fix, I've been trying for a couple of months but have now given up.

@Stuart_21 - Could you please try uninstalling/reinstalling your graphics card drivers? Information on how to do so is on the link below.

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

@DrunkenSmurf8 - Could you please open your own thread regarding your issue. Thanks.

@Felix Wilkie - After uninstalling & reinstalling the drivers the error continued.

However, after an hour of testing I realised the game only crashes when I save the game on matchday. I tried this multiple times, on multiple matchdays and in multiple saves with the game crashing everytime. I found that the game can be saved as many times I want whenever I want as long as I didn't have a match that day, sounds very strange but I'm not bothered anymore as I can just save the game a day before/after any match.

Thanks for the help.

Okay thanks for the information here @Stuart_21, we're continuing to investigate and using your feedback hopefully we'll be able to fix the issue. Just to quickly check, what graphics quality is your game set to via the in-game preferences? Is it say Very High, Medium etc?

Please let us know if you can. Thanks. 

pff, I have exactly the same issue... I have played half season without any problem ... since this weekend 'spontaneously' this horrible crash ... nothing changes to the game .. hope this is solved quickly!

11 hours ago, Funkster1969 said:

pff, I have exactly the same issue... I have played half season without any problem ... since this weekend 'spontaneously' this horrible crash ... nothing changes to the game .. hope this is solved quickly!

Please create your own thread describing your issue in as much detail as possible. That way we can try to help and no information will be confused with any other users in this thread.

Thanks. 

Hi Tech Team,

I reformatted my PC and installed the latest FM. now it crashes randomly. My graphic is set to medium. I will try to set to low and see the results. But it is very strange that it crashes, it is because my graphic card is not compatible with the game?

Kindly refer to my dxdiag file. Thank you. 

update : I have tried low, it lasts longer than medium in a match but still crashes.... =(

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Hitsugaya2018

On 3/24/2018 at 17:43, Hitsugaya2018 said:

Hi Tech Team,

I reformatted my PC and installed the latest FM. now it crashes randomly. My graphic is set to medium. I will try to set to low and see the results. But it is very strange that it crashes, it is because my graphic card is not compatible with the game?

Kindly refer to my dxdiag file. Thank you. 

update : I have tried low, it lasts longer than medium in a match but still crashes.... =(

DxDiag.txt

Are you using any custom graphics at all? If so can you try removing them then clearing cache? Thanks.