Sports Interactive Community
Hitsugaya2018

Football Manager 2018 18.2.2f1055984 (staging) has stopped working

Hi there, 

My FM18 is crashes everytime after a game or two with the message in the title... I did everything i could to resolve it from the internet information but i could not. 

I just bought this game 2-3 days ago... please help... Not sure what happened... my PC details

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4700MQ CPU@2.4GHz 2.4 GHz

8 GB ram

64-bit Operating System (Windows 10)

Display adapter : Nvidia Geforce GT 750M

Thanks. 

IMG_0576[1].JPG

Thanks. To confirm, are you running any custom graphics such as facepacks or logos? If so, could you please remove them and let us know if the issue still persists.

Also, is there anything specific happening when this crash occurs or can it be at any point during a match?

Dear @Felix Wilkie

I have just install the game last Saturday, it happened the first time i played the game. I dun not think there are any custom graphics, unless it is pre-installed.

The game just freezes and the crash happened. Appreciate your help on this.

Can you post an updated dxdiag? There was a driver update released on January 29th so just want to make sure you're updated to this - https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/130637

Also can you confirm what graphics quality you're running the game in via the in-game preferences (say High, Medium etc)? And if you try lowering it, do you still encounter the same issue? 

How many leagues are you running with what sized database? If within your save you go to 'FM' -> 'Add/Remove Leagues', how many players are loaded?

Can you also please upload your save game to our FTP and let us know the file name? FTP details here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/417549-ftp-details/

Let us know, thanks. 

On 2/13/2018 at 16:18, Neil Brock said:

Can you post an updated dxdiag? There was a driver update released on January 29th so just want to make sure you're updated to this - https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/130637

Also can you confirm what graphics quality you're running the game in via the in-game preferences (say High, Medium etc)? And if you try lowering it, do you still encounter the same issue? 

How many leagues are you running with what sized database? If within your save you go to 'FM' -> 'Add/Remove Leagues', how many players are loaded?

Can you also please upload your save game to our FTP and let us know the file name? FTP details here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/417549-ftp-details/

Let us know, thanks. 

This is my latest updated dxdiag. I just reformatted my laptop, and it still crashes with a new error. my graphic cards are updated till 20/3/2018. 

Initially I am running high in game preferences, but now even with low settings it crashes. 

5 leagues, 26000 players loaded. 

I will upload my save game into the FTP soon. (my saved game name is Exeter.fm). 

Thank you for the support. 

DxDiag.txt

IMG_1025.JPG

Edited by Hitsugaya2018

Do you run any custom graphics at all such as facepacks, logos or skins? If so, could you please remove them and let us know if this issue still occurs.

4 hours ago, Felix Wilkie said:

Do you run any custom graphics at all such as facepacks, logos or skins? If so, could you please remove them and let us know if this issue still occurs.

Dear Felix, 

I have just installed the game in a newly formatted laptop. Unless a newly installed game has a custom graphics... if not.. I did not run any. 

I suspect that my graphics card is causing the crash for this FM somehow, cause i could run it with my integrated graphics. 

Please advise if my graphics card is not suitable for the game... and yes I updated to the latest version of my graphics card. 

Honestly speaking, I am quite disappointed with the FM so far, I could run FM2016 without any problem previously, i skipped FM2017 and bought FM2018... but I am not sure why it crashes while I run with my Nvidia... I could not even run a match successfully... 

The integrated graphic works, but it kills the playing mood due to the poor graphics and slow processing....

and yes the issue still occurs... which i do not know why... I have tried everything that you and your colleague advised me.... 

Edited by Hitsugaya2018

Dear @Felix Wilkie

I have tried, it still crashes, only the crash message is (update) instead of (staging)....

Can you tell me why my graphics card crashes but my integrated graphics doesn't?

Edited by Hitsugaya2018

We'd need to see the DXDIAG again updated to get an idea, if you can post it we can see how up to date it is and advise.