Sports Interactive Community

The game is completely unplayable and is beyond a joke now.  

Have had issues with it since release.  The game crashes when I attempt to save the game, particularly after a match.  

So far I have completed the following:

• Updated Graphics driver
  • Updated all Windows drivers
  • Deleted Cache, Deleted Preferences, Verified Cache
  • Uninstalled Windows, reinstalled, updated all drivers
  • Ran DDU removed all nvidia drivers, reinstalled driver 390.77 without GeForce experience
  • Issue exists regardless of added graphic packs or add ons

Running no AV software and no other application on this laptop causes any issues whatsoever.  The game is happy to holiday and auto save whilst on holiday but crashes immediately after a match if trying to save.

Any help would be appreciated as there is no reason whatsoever this game should not run on an i5-7300, 8Gb RAM and a nvidia 1050

Attached is the error on every save and dxdiag also attached.  Game has been uploaded under the name Broken Game

DxDiag.txt

Capture.PNG

Hi @toonben10

To confirm, are you running any custom graphics/logos/skins etc? If so, do you encounter the same issue with these removed?

Does the issue happen in both Windowed or Full Screen mode as set via the in-game preferences?

Also by default in your in-game preferences, what graphics quality do you have the game set to? If you lower it (say from High to Medium etc) does the frequency of this issue occurring change?

Let us know, thanks. 

Hi Felix, 

Have tried with and without any custom graphics. 

Windowed and full screen mode have made no difference. 

Graphics quality has been changed from automatic to medium to low and still no different. 

I can holiday through season after season with a 2 week autosave and the game just churns along. As soon as I start doing anything in game, particularly after a match, any save attempt results in the game closing with the same error message. 

Ben

Okay, could you please upload the latest save you've had issues with to our FTP? Information on how to do so can be found below.

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-upload-a-file-to-our-ftp-to-be-checked-r401/

If you could let us know when you've uploaded it and what it is named, that would be great. 

29 minutes ago, Felix Wilkie said:

Okay, could you please upload the latest save you've had issues with to our FTP? Information on how to do so can be found below.

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-upload-a-file-to-our-ftp-to-be-checked-r401/

If you could let us know when you've uploaded it and what it is named, that would be great. 

@Felix Wilkie I uploaded it yesterday under Broken Game.FM

Did you find anything @Felix Wilkie?

Since my OP I have disabled Windows Game Bar, Reinstalled DX9 files and removed Steam Workshop Add On - Gibraltar League.

Additionally I have dropped graphics down to low.  It has let me save twice (once after a match) which it hasn't done before.  

Hopefully this will continue to work but the initial save bar seems to take a while and looks like it could go one way or another.  Also with graphics set to low, all the players are black.  Is this a bug or a byproduct of running on low graphics.  Will try higher later if this continues to remain playable as a 1050 should be enough to run FM in 3D

20180207113416_1.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't get anything from your save this end. Was all working.

All the players being black is a bug yes. It's something we're aware of and are hoping to address. 

Let us know how it runs if you go above Low graphics.

@Felix Wilkie it's started doing it again as soon as I moved from low to medium graphics.  I genuinely cannot see any reason why that is affecting the save function though.

it appears to be working ok on low graphics but obviously the ME looks pretty pants when the GPU is set to low.

Okay we appreciate the information in regards to this issue and we are investigating. Hopefully we'll be able to provide further info in order to play the game with the maximum settings your system is capable of. 

Thanks.