Sports Interactive Community
kevhamster

Quickest sacking ever?

So, I decided to fire up FM again after a long break (still on FM16), as I will demonstrate in screenshots, I've just been sacked after a whopping 15 days at a club!  I took over the Seattle Sounders in the MLS.  It was near the end of the season, and they'd not been doing well.  I come in, get 2 wins and a loss out of 3 games, and get sacked!  Has anybody been sacked quicker? And/or with a better win percentage??

Must admit, I was a little bit surprised - I was never going to be able to qualify for the playoffs at the end of the season as I had too many points to make up with only 2 league games to play (and one continental club competition game).

History:

nHYK3VR.png

Results:

DGAylMJ.png

It's not happened to me, but Doctor Benjy - one of the most popular FM YouTubers - once got hired and fired by Doncaster on the same day.

Why? Because he didn't attend a press conference announcing his appointment.

9 minutes ago, CFuller said:

It's not happened to me, but Doctor Benjy - one of the most popular FM YouTubers - once got hired and fired by Doncaster on the same day.

Why? Because he didn't attend a press conference announcing his appointment.

Wow, that's quality!!

I've just watched the video.  The ways he talks really reminds me of Ricky Gervais.

My worst job, lasted only one press on the spacebar. I got a job offer, accepted it, continued my game and was sacked right after. I did not see that the club was already relegated and the league below was unplayable. As it was right before/after the season update I had a job one moment, and the next I had not :p

On my save, Fort William (just promoted to Ladbrokes League Two) sacked their manager after 42 days, lost four Betfred Cup games and one League game!! Thought that was harsh!!

16 hours ago, Jorgen said:

My worst job, lasted only one press on the spacebar. I got a job offer, accepted it, continued my game and was sacked right after. I did not see that the club was already relegated and the league below was unplayable. As it was right before/after the season update I had a job one moment, and the next I had not :p

I'd argue that a sacking down to game limitations is a whole different issue!  But, I can't help feeling my sacking was harsh.  A 66.6% win rate, and 15 days.  The damage in terms of league position was done before I got there!

Quickest for me was halfway through a season, takeover happened and the new lord sacked me. I was overperforming in the top half with Aston Villa in the PL at the time. Was a nonsensical decision. I had a spare save, so I reloaded until I got to keep my job so I could carry on with that save - ended up winning the league the following season, which just goes to show that Mr. High and Mighty was a plonker to be getting rid of me in 'timeline A'. >_>

In my save, Hibernian appointed ex Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha, bit odd I thought, he was sacked if I remember rightly 6 days after appointment.  Don't think he even had a single game! 

I got sacked in 60 days, for poor league results. I can't remember the club or when. It was several (real) years ago...

On 2/3/2018 at 23:03, kevhamster said:

Wow, that's quality!!

I've just watched the video.  The ways he talks really reminds me of Ricky Gervais.

Such a good FM youtuber if you're looking for entertainment. His new Thames FC save is well worth a watch, the dry humour is fantastic.

I started a thread about this too. I took over at Sporting Lisbon B. Won 3 out of 3 and got sacked! Try find my thread to read about it.

Edited by YidBiggy

In FM08, I took over a team in Germany and was sacked 5 days later when they were mathematically relegated.

The Fitness Coach I'd brought with me from my previous club (when I'd been sacked) quit in sympathy and followed me around my various clubs for the next 25 years.

in fm16 (or 15 i forget) i was sacked after 2 days as halifax manager after applying for another job