Sports Interactive Community

Hi,

My game is crashing by a FM 2018 Out of memory bug. The program tried to allocate 28615665312 bytes.

I don't have add-ons, graphics, just the in-game editor dlc obtain by steam. The version of FM 2018 is 18.2.2.

My computer is up to date, i follow the indication of the FAQ except the erasing of the preference because i've tried to perform my save since another computer (with default preferences) and the same bug appears at the same date of the game.

What can i do now ?

Thanks,

Hi,

I've been through all the steps except the item for the preference. Just for your information, the step about the directX has broken my first PC (dark screen after reboot impossible to remove) and i've been must to send to the customers to repair it. I don't want to do again this item on my second pc.

So for me, the problem came from the program or my save, because the game works perfectly on my 2 PC since 4 months and now no one of them.

Thanks,

For information, my pc were "young", they were bought on february 2017 for the one which it need to repair and on december 2016 for the second. (Acer VN7 Nitro and Acer Swift 3)

I can't install the last version of graphic card driver because the drivers linked into the last post are not certified by the manufacter of the PC (Acer) (message send by a letterbox on the beggining of the installation).

The crash occur when i will click on next (continuer on french version) to go to the next day. It's a day after a match day. When the crash occur i'll do nothing only to click on next.

Are you sure it's the 21st? I've tried this on two systems running the retail version of Football Manager 2018 and neither have encountered any memory based issues? 

Do you have the same anti-virus program on both machines? If so, what type is it?

May be worth sending us the Belarc from one of the machines so we can see if there's any software which may be contributing to this issue. Belarc details can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-belarc-file-r402/

Let us know, thanks. 

I will try Belarc.

I will do another test : is it possible for you to run my save until the 22th of march and to save it ? i will it get back on the ftp server to run it on my pc.

Thanks

Okay I've sent you a private message in regards to your issue. Please read and respond.

Thanks.