How do you handle your discipline?

As above?

My rules

straight red - 2 weeks fine

2nd yellow - warning

Regular 2nd yellows - 1 week fine

What’s yours?

Reason why I ask is I’ve only just had to go to the 1 week fine option after a player got a 2nd yellow, came back from the ban and got a second yellow in that game. Then he was available for the next match(Cup game, I’m in Italy so he was available) and got another second yellow. After warnings for the previous 2 reds I fined him a weeks wages and now he’s unhappy. Is it ever acceptable to fine a player for a second yellow?

Pretty much the same. Your player could have some attributes (including hidden) or ppm that makes him commit so many fouls. In Italy, the refs are also yellow/red card happy so don't sign players with ppms like argue with officials or dive into tackles. If you have them, do take note of when to sub them off when they are on a yellow.

Didn’t think of the Italian ref angle, cheers!

Was strange though, in the roles he played (Mezzala, Carrilero, & Ball Winning Midfielder) through the season he only got 7 yellows in close to 40 apparenances. That just seemed like a mad little run for him.

Was wondering if anyone has gotten away with fining players for non-straight red cards in FM? Seems like a mine field.

Archived