Sports Interactive Community
Arsy

Saved games keep disappearing.

I started a game yesterday with Karlsruhe in German 3rd division. After playing for a couple hours (still first day in the game) I exited. During this time I saved manually several times, over the same slot. I also have autosave enabled. When I relaunched the game a bit later it started by analyzing (again) the phone's performance, which shouldn't have happened since it wasn't the first time the game was launhed. After that I realized I could not resume my saved game as it had disappeared. It was as if I had started the game for the first time.

I exited and checked for the saved games location and sure enough, the folders we're all empty, including saved formations and tactics. I searched a bit online for this issue then decided to launch the game again and start over. To my surprise my saved game had reappeared and I could continue as if nothing had happened.

Today I wanted to continue the game and guess what, my saves are gone again! All of them, since I started saving in all four slots. I checked the folders and they are again empty! The autosave is also gone of course.

Phone is OnePlus 3, stock OS with 8.0 Android, no root, no nothing. I also don't have any kind of cleaning apps that could have deleted something.

The game also has permission to write to storage. I made sure about that. One last thing: on the first day, between the second launch ( with no saved game appearing) and the third launch (when they reappeared) I checked the settings for the storage permissions and disabled/reenabled it. Just to make sure. But that doesn't explain why the files dissapeared then reappeared. If the game didn't have permissions to write the saves wouldn't have existed at all.

Thanks for the detailed info on this. We have had a few reports but not been able to reproduce anything similar other than when people use a particular speed booster/cleaning app. Can you check in your Documents/Sports Interactive folder and let us know what you see? As far as I know your device doesn't have an external SD?

Well, not knowing what else to do, this morning I restarted the phone and the saves have returned.:)) I'll be damned if I understand. However, I suspect this is an issue with my phone, or rather a bug in the OS, possibly from Android or from Oneplus' modifications to it. I say this because after restarting I remembered I had other files in the Documents folder and those had disappeared and reappeared together with all of FM's files. So it's most likely not the game's fault.
Thanks!

On 29/01/2018 at 17:31, Arsy said:

I started a game yesterday with Karlsruhe in German 3rd division. After playing for a couple hours (still first day in the game) I exited. During this time I saved manually several times, over the same slot. I also have autosave enabled. When I relaunched the game a bit later it started by analyzing (again) the phone's performance, which shouldn't have happened since it wasn't the first time the game was launhed. After that I realized I could not resume my saved game as it had disappeared. It was as if I had started the game for the first time.

I exited and checked for the saved games location and sure enough, the folders we're all empty, including saved formations and tactics. I searched a bit online for this issue then decided to launch the game again and start over. To my surprise my saved game had reappeared and I could continue as if nothing had happened.

Today I wanted to continue the game and guess what, my saves are gone again! All of them, since I started saving in all four slots. I checked the folders and they are again empty! The autosave is also gone of course.

Phone is OnePlus 3, stock OS with 8.0 Android, no root, no nothing. I also don't have any kind of cleaning apps that could have deleted something.

The game also has permission to write to storage. I made sure about that. One last thing: on the first day, between the second launch ( with no saved game appearing) and the third launch (when they reappeared) I checked the settings for the storage permissions and disabled/reenabled it. Just to make sure. But that doesn't explain why the files dissapeared then reappeared. If the game didn't have permissions to write the saves wouldn't have existed at all.

I have the same problem too, it already happened about 4 or 5 times but my saved game is never reappearing so i always started a new one. After the fifth time im so sick of it, please help me, i used samsung tab 4 android jelly bean, no root

HI Chris, Do you have the latest version of the game (9.2.1)? This is an issue that should have been resolved with that update.

On 24/05/2018 at 19:39, James Akintayo said:

HI Chris, Do you have the latest version of the game (9.2.1)? This is an issue that should have been resolved with that update.

Oh...yes thanks, i just realized there's an update, i just updated it and i hope the problem wont continues, thanks for the fast respond :)

Posted (edited)

I have this problem also. My last save was 24 April as far as i remember, game was on, and i locked the phone. After 10 mins, opened the game, there were only older saves from. January or so. Any help? 

Edited by MichZZ