Sports Interactive Community

Which roles did they play at Pep's barcelona?

Can someone give me the position and instructions?

2 hours ago, Roga said:

Which roles did they play at Pep's barcelona?

Can someone give me the position and instructions?

Should be both IF(S) or Pedro as a RMD.

They stayed really wide most of the time to stretch the pitch, then made diagonal runs into the centre where Messi left space. So maybe IF(a) with a team instruction to Play Wider.

To be honest, the roles played by them are the same as with leroy and sterling for man city. Only difference is their individual attributes making the roles unique to themselves. Both stay wide with one being the creator and the other as the finisher. If for villa and rmd for pedro or in terms, IW for both with stay wider and cross more for the creator and shoot more for the finisher.

14 hours ago, Park said:

They stayed really wide most of the time to stretch the pitch, then made diagonal runs into the centre where Messi left space. So maybe IF(a) with a team instruction to Play Wider.

I've found that they will be seen as an failed passing option when I've put them to stay wide as IFs. My central trio always seemed to prefer a pass to them, but due to being wide, the opposing fullback would anticipate the ball and get first to it (might be because the DLP and AP see them as only IFs?). Didn't test it if on W(S) this mechanism would be removed - might work as their PPMs already make them IFs - had anyone?

I'm talking about a world class trio with very high Decisions and Passing attributes that do fail the pass, so I'm thinking that it's hardcoded.

Edited by Kelvinu

2 hours ago, Kelvinu said:

I've found that they will be seen as an failed passing option when I've put them to stay wide as IFs. My central trio always seemed to prefer a pass to them, but due to being wide, the opposing fullback would anticipate the ball and get first to it (might be because the DLP and AP see them as only IFs?). Didn't test it if on W(S) this mechanism would be removed - might work as their PPMs already make them IFs - had anyone?

I'm talking about a world class trio with very high Decisions and Passing attributes that do fail the pass, so I'm thinking that it's hardcoded.

I find that if you use mezallas then they played slightly wider than any centre mid (like iniesta and now David silva do)  then the pass out wide has less risk and the interceptions don’t happen and also you will find the opposing fullback mess press the mezalla allowing the diagonal run in behind from the winger mentioned above 

Hmmm.. I think  IF(S) on the left and RMD on the right but i'm not sure.

I'm trying to replicate Pep barcelona as best as possible!

Does anyone know about Puyol and Pique? postition and instructions

Sorry for my bad english

Edited by Roga

2 hours ago, gpassosbh said:

Take a look at this article:

I saw it. But not all is correct

Edited by Roga

On January 29, 2018 at 10:46, Roga said:

I saw it. But not all is correct

Which part is not correct?

1 hour ago, yonko said:

Which part is not correct?

Team shape, defensive line, ...

3 hours ago, Roga said:

Team shape is about interpretation. Yes guardiola structured his team but also all players are involved in defence and attack. Saying it’s not correct isn’t right I don’t think you can completely replicate on fm 

5 hours ago, Roga said:

Team Shape is always tricky. Some think Pep's Barca was Very Fluid, others think it was Flexible. There is no consensus. 

And what about the D-Line? 

16 hours ago, yonko said:

Team Shape is always tricky. Some think Pep's Barca was Very Fluid, others think it was Flexible. There is no consensus. 

And what about the D-Line? 

Well the play looks "fluid" as a description but fluid on FM terms has it's very own definition. I wouldn't go to extremes, they kept their lines tight and allowed deep runners (when this didn't happen their game got stuck against deep defences) so I would maybe go with fluid. 

Barca always played with a high defensive line, but in FM terms I would not start with much higher, just because in FM the much higher line is so suicidally high that even Barcelona didn't push their defensive line that high, and defenders in FM are not smart enough to adjust the defensive line themselves in different situations. So slightly higher, and in games when there is little threat in behind you could push the line to much higher.

3 hours ago, juusal said:

Well the play looks "fluid" as a description but fluid on FM terms has it's very own definition. I wouldn't go to extremes, they kept their lines tight and allowed deep runners (when this didn't happen their game got stuck against deep defences) so I would maybe go with fluid. 

Barca always played with a high defensive line, but in FM terms I would not start with much higher, just because in FM the much higher line is so suicidally high that even Barcelona didn't push their defensive line that high, and defenders in FM are not smart enough to adjust the defensive line themselves in different situations. So slightly higher, and in games when there is little threat in behind you could push the line to much higher.

The choice of D-Line is relative to the Team Shape and Mentality. 

12 minutes ago, yonko said:

The choice of D-Line is relative to the Team Shape and Mentality. 

Mentality naturally yes, team shape no, except maybe a bit indirectly as with fluid shapes defenders have a higher mentality. But considering most people use close down more -TI with Pep tactics (which also affects defensive line) even the lower mentalities pretty much max the defensive line if you push it much higher.

20 hours ago, juusal said:

Mentality naturally yes, team shape no, except maybe a bit indirectly as with fluid shapes defenders have a higher mentality. But considering most people use close down more -TI with Pep tactics (which also affects defensive line) even the lower mentalities pretty much max the defensive line if you push it much higher.

Counter/Structured with Much Higher D-Line is not the same as Control/Very Fluid with Much Higher D-Line.

55 minutes ago, yonko said:

Counter/Structured with Much Higher D-Line is not the same as Control/Very Fluid with Much Higher D-Line.

That's what I just said. Also, the shape doesn't affect the defensive line. Also, if you have closing down set to much higher the difference between a much higher defensive line in counter and control mentalities is not very large.

edit. also depending on your formation. The defensive line is lower in formations with a DM.

Edited by juusal