Sports Interactive Community
qDizzy

transfer revenue made avaliable question...

noob here..

ok so i just want to make sure this is right, my club states 50% of transfer revenue is made avliable

so if i sell a player for 10m, i will only get 5m back to use???

and if i loan a player on 100,000 salaray, would i only get 50,000 increase in my payroll budget???

if so i guess it's because clubs really operate like this IRL?? i would understand if a club is in financial trouble, but for a club in any of the top leagues - i dont think thats the case.

like a everton, west ham, watford, sevilla, or valencia... your telling me if a manager sells a player for 30m he can only use 15m for his replacment???

PS if theres a more appropiate place where i could have posted this question please let me know...thanks

Edited by qDizzy

It doesn't really make sense that you can spend 100% of saved wages, but a smaller percentage of transfer revenue, considering the funds are interchangeable using the slider on the board screen.

It also doesn't make sense that the new sugar daddy owners of AC Milan who spent 100m on players last summer have reduced my retained revenue to 25% because they're worried about our finances.

3 hours ago, jujigatame said:

It doesn't really make sense that you can spend 100% of saved wages, but a smaller percentage of transfer revenue, considering the funds are interchangeable using the slider on the board screen.

It also doesn't make sense that the new sugar daddy owners of AC Milan who spent 100m on players last summer have reduced my retained revenue to 25% because they're worried about our finances.

exactely... perfect example AC millian:

"Although much was expected of Milan after a €200m summer transfer campaign financed by the team's new owners" (wikipedia)

Vincenzo Montella, was hired that summer with not a great deal of experience as a manager neither the greatest resume, and he was allowed to spend 200m. ok so he got sacked in november a new manager is appointed...

so accoring to this game, lets say chelsea come and pay 30m for bonucci this summer; the same amount AC milian paid for him last summer, basically the newly appointed manager would only have 15m out of the 30m to find a replacment for bonucci?? 

i find that hard to believe given the current state of AC millian and their new owners... im pretty sure they would let the manager keep %100 of the transfer sale to find a replacment.

- so please any1 correct me if im mistaken somehow... if not, thats definitaly something i would like to bring to SI's attention...

to realistically consider which teams in their opinion would  pocket 50% of transfer revenue; and which teams would allow the manager 100%  of transfer revenue. and if it's 50% currently, at least let their be a line of communication as to "if" the manager preforms well for a season, the board would consider allowing him to use 100% of transfer revenues - i'm sure this is a conversation almost any manger would have with the board before taking the job, something like:

"i understand 50% of the transfer revenue is avaliable to me if i sold a player; so i would be in a disadvantage if i sold a player at this time. but if i preform really well with the players i have now, would i be able to get 100% of the transfer revenue of the players i would like sold in order to find a replacment for him next summer; if not how about 2 years of preforming well? "

i think i read u could ask for it to be increased but then i also think there should be some kind "plans and layout" and stuff going on between board and manager. some boards probably keep their managers a bit in the dark as to what money would be made avilable to them; but im sure there are thoose that are really open with their managers also (for instance tottenhamm) , the manager isnt always in the dark as to what money he would be able to spend in the future transfer windows... i assume many managers know (while others may have an idea, like the board giving him an estimate) in advance how much money he would have avaliable to him in the next winter and summer windows (including transfer revenues)

- so yea i understand if its a smaller club or if there are plans to build a new statuim or the club is in debt. and if thats the case then that kind of stuff should be made known to u as the manager - unless the board purposly is keeping u in the dark (in which case perhaps u as a manager would be able to find out that the board is operating in that fashion by giving u a whole bunch of maybes and no real numbers to work with - while another club might say here u have 25m this year and by our estamaties you'll have 25m next year, 50% of transfer revenues would be held this year as we believe we have a good team and dont see the need to sell - but if u do well and we grow to trust your work, then there is a good chance we'll increase it to 100% if u feel you would like to replace some players to better fit your tactics or philosphy)

- as of now, this makes really little sense to me, what could is a transfer budget if i cant make the starting 11 stronger, selling a player and using thoose funds along with some of the transfer budget to find a better replacment???

thanks yall... hopefully these kind of threads and stuff lead to a better FM...

cheers

Edited by qDizzy

That is all down to the board and owner though. How are the quarterly earnings at the club? What is the outstanding debt like? How close are the club to running afoul of FFP? How about the salary control regulations? All this stuff will come into play. A lot of owners/ownership groups will have a 5 year plan as well.

They may say ok, let's really splash the cash this window on some good young talent. Then we'll cut back for a couple of years to restore some stability to the club's finances. Or they may say "we have 200m to spend for transfers the next 2 seasons". If that is used up then it's only natural the club will curtail the transfer revenue available in order to balance the books. 

puffascruffowitz, thanks man..

well like i said, im still pretty noob, so guess i'll take your word for it and see how it goes...

thanks again for the post..

cheers

Edited by qDizzy