Your best/longest career?

Loved reading about some of your game saves :)  I only found it by searching google for longest Football Manager game saves as, believe it or not, I am still playing FM11 and I am currently in the 2094/95 season !!

I have four different profiles on the go within that game save and that particular save has lasted through three different laptops !! I started the game with two different profiles as I always liked to start with one high profile team and one lower league team. So my game save started as manager's of Tottenham and my local team Shrewsbury Town.

I added a third profile during the 2027/28 season, but after a couple of false starts with teams I was not committed to, I was drawn to and quite enthused at the prospect of reigniting the fortunes of Fulham, who had just suffered relegation to the Championship. I started by shipping out the high earners and built a side which I thought would be capable of challenging for an instant return to the Premier League. Not only did we return to the Premier League straight away, but we did it in style by comfortably walking the league.

Anyway, I am still managing Fulham in December 2094 and have dominated world football for years now as a result. We became a successful, profit making club (not very realistic in this day and age!) and during this time I have survived two, possibly three takeovers (can't remember for definite) and have had two stadiums named after me. We have won the premier league for the past 44 consecutive seasons, and for 58 out of the last 59 seasons. Going from memory, I think I have won the Champions League at least 38 times, and have won the FIFA World Club cup on every respective occasion too.

I am still as enthusiastic about the game save as if it was day one and have not holidayed once !! I enjoy investing in young, up and coming players with great potential, giving them first team game time as much as possible whilst letting them gain "Home Grown" status. Once this has been achieved, if they are not quite good enough to gain a regular first team spot, they are loaned out to a club who wants them as "valuable first team player". At least this way, they get game time and have the chance to improve and return to challenge for a first team spot. I have never paid a player more than £95,000 a week during my time at Fulham. Sometimes this means I have to pay quite hefty signing on fees and agents fees, but that is a small price to pay to maintain a manageable wage budget.

Hopefully folk have enjoyed their game saves as much as I have enjoyed (and still enjoying!) mine !!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An epic journey on the Faroe Islands, from division 2 to European Champions... Now with the added goal of leading the National Team to a Euro/World Cup final stage.

Unfortunately it's been on the backburner for a while, but seeing FM18 hasn't really captured my imagination, I may as well pick it up again.

On CM3 I had a great save with Inter (no idea why... Never liked them), playing til the year 2020-something. Unfortunately it was before the time I was backing up my saves, so it's lost forever...

im still playing my first ever career as manager of Worcester city, saving them from relegation in 2016/17 and right now im playing 27/28 trying to get a mid table position in the championship, after reaching league football in 20/21 i was almost fired after a streak of (no kidding) 15 loses in a row, got an offer to manage a championship team, i considered the offer but worcester president got a little worried that the manager that got them to league football walked away so they agreed to raise the salary budget and then miracles begin to happen, the team got saved from going down thanks to the fking cool captain fullback that was in my first youth intake getting a goal on a corner to lose 2-1 and be saved by 1 goal scored (sorry Boston utd)

Further to my previous post, I have just won my 45th consecutive Premier League title and capped the season off by being allowed to keep the UEFA Champions League trophy for an eighth time having won the competition for an historic 40 times !!!! The domination shows no signs of slowing down :)

Forgot to mention in my previous post, probably my most fulfilling achievement to date was taking Shrewsbury Town from Conference National league all the way to the Premier League in the 2080's and then winning the League Cup. Admittedly they were struggling at the bottom of League Two when I took over, and despite bringing in a wave of new players, I was unable to avoid relegation out of the football league, however we bounced back in style by winning the National League with a completely revamped squad.

I can't quite remember how many seasons it took me to get to the Premier League, but from memory I seem to remember getting promoted from League Two at the first attempt back and then matching the feat to get promoted from League One at the first attempt, thanks to an injury time winner !! I seem to remember I had a consolidation season in the Championship, before achieving promotion to the Premier League at the second attempt. During this run, I maintained the core of my squad and they steadily improved as the season's progressed. Even when we reached the Premier League, my highest paid player was on £10,000 a week !!!!

37 minutes ago, Williams27 said:

Further to my previous post, I have just won my 45th consecutive Premier League title and capped the season off by being allowed to keep the UEFA Champions League trophy for an eighth time having won the competition for an historic 40 times !!!! The domination shows no signs of slowing down :)

Forgot to mention in my previous post, probably my most fulfilling achievement to date was taking Shrewsbury Town from Conference National league all the way to the Premier League in the 2080's and then winning the League Cup. Admittedly they were struggling at the bottom of League Two when I took over, and despite bringing in a wave of new players, I was unable to avoid relegation out of the football league, however we bounced back in style by winning the National League with a completely revamped squad.

I can't quite remember how many seasons it took me to get to the Premier League, but from memory I seem to remember getting promoted from League Two at the first attempt back and then matching the feat to get promoted from League One at the first attempt, thanks to an injury time winner !! I seem to remember I had a consolidation season in the Championship, before achieving promotion to the Premier League at the second attempt. During this run, I maintained the core of my squad and they steadily improved as the season's progressed. Even when we reached the Premier League, my highest paid player was on £10,000 a week !!!!

Nice one! 

My longest (successful) save was in FM 2012, managing Pro Vercelli.  It ran until the mid-2020s, I think.  I didn't play FM13 or much at all of 13, so I had a good bit of time with 2012.  By the time the save was over, I'd won a few Scudettos and European Cups with an all-Italian squad and for one glorious season every member of my starting XI also started for Italy.

In FM14, I had a journeyman save that lasted into the 2030s.  I never felt like I got enough respect (or reputation) for winning the European Championships with Ireland. 

My all time fave save currently resides in FM16, complete journeyman, I'll definitely miss some out but in 50 or so years the teams I remember being at include York City, Wellington Phoenix, Tiajin, Guangzhou Evergrande, NY Red Bulls, Flamengo, Gangwon, Amkar, Spartak Moscow, Zenit & a few national jobs. There's definitely more but those are the teams I had success with.

I was on with the pentagon challenge but didn't manage it unfortunately. I am currently on with the same challenge on FM17.

This was several years ago, so I can't remember the exact order I went to each club in, but the longest save I ever had went something like this.

Hartley Wintney (England) -

I won the Combined Counties Premier League along with the FA Vase, Hampshire Senior Cup and Aldershot Senior Cup (I lost in the final of the Combined Counties Cup). We also had an FA cup run, losing in the 4th round to Stoke. In the 3rd round we beat Everton at home after they conceded a third minute penalty. After that we played the most defensive game of football you can possibly imagine and went on to win the match 1-0.

Cosmos (San Marino) -

I won all there was to win in San Marino before leaving the club. In my brief spell in charge during the second season, we didn't make much progress in the Champions League, but we did beat Napoli 1-0 in a pre-season friendly.

Olympique (Gibraltar) -

I won all there was to win in Gibraltar after gaining promotion in the first season. I beat Göteborg on away goal rule in the Champions League and, after a new chairman took over the club, I was immediately approached by...

Boston United (England) -

I won both the National League and League Two in my first two seasons at the club. Both the FA Trophy and Football League Trophy evaded me, but we managed an incredible FA Cup run in the second season. Somehow we managed to avoid being drawn against any Premier League clubs until the final, where we lost to Charlton Athletic, who were relegated back to the Championship that season.

Halfway through my third season at the club we were sitting in the playoffs when I was approached by...

Charlton Athletic (England) -

The club who beat my Boston United side in the FA Cup final last season were already out of the Europa League and found themselves caught in a relegation battle.

Morale was abysmal. All of their good players had already left and those remaining at the club were grossly overpaid and wanted to leave. The high wages made them impossible to shift. I wasn't able to sign anybody else in the January transfer window and had to make do with what I had. I did little to improve their position in the table and finished in 19th place.

I had only signed a contract until the end of the season and the board had no interest in renewing it.

Cardiff Metropolitan University (Wales) -

I won both cups but TNS were far too strong in the league. They finished the season undefeated, leaving us in 2nd place.

Spezia (Italy)

We were top of the Lega Pro when there was a change in board. I lost my first two games under the new regime and they fired me immediately.

Nesodden (Norway) -

I won the league, gaining the club promotion to the second level.

Al-Ahli Amman (Jordan) -

I won two back to back league titles along with the AFC Cup in the second season.

PSS (Indonesia) -

In our first season I won the league, gaining them promotion to the top flight. We had a 100% record for the season until the cup final where we lost to Arema.

In the second season I won the top division. We had a 100% record for the season until the cup final  where we lost to Arema (again).

In the third season I won the top division with a 100% record again, but this time we finally managed to win the cup.

Golden Arrows (South Africa) -

The club had just been promoted back to the National First Division and were predicted to go straight back down.

We started the season in incredible form and found ourselves top of the league in December. After that our form disappeared and by March we were sitting in fourth place, ten points behind the league leaders.

Suddenly we found our early season form while all three clubs above us hit a slump. Going into the last game of season we were two points behind the clubs in second and first place. We needed to win while the two of them lost for us to win the league. Incredibly it happened. We also won the cup, giving us a place in the Confederations Cup next season, which we won.

I then won two back to back Premier League titles along with the Champions League in my third season at the club.

While I was manager, Orlando Pirates were relegated from the Premier League in the first season, won the National First Division with a 100% record in the second, then finished behind us in second place in the third.

JFE Steel (Japan) -

My first season in charge saw wildly inconsistent form, but we managed to qualify for the promotion playoffs on the last day of the season and went on to win promotion.

In my second season we won promotion to J-League 2 and also won the Emperor's Cup, giving the club a place in the Champions League next season.

PBR (Indonesia) -

This time I managed to win both the league and the cup in the first season.

I was then approached by my favourite club in Asia and I naturally jumped at the chance.

Persepolis Tehran (Iran) -

When I took over the club were bottom of the league and ten points from safety. I kept them up, then went on to win two back to back league titles. I also won the Champions League before seeing them become the first Asian club to win the FIFA Club World Cup. This feat would have been more impressive if TP Mazembe hadn't won it the previous season.

Shanghai SIPG (China) -

They had only avoided relegation last season by a single point, but the board wanted me to win them the title. I was sacked in June for being in second place behind Guangzhou Evergrande.

Bochum (Germany) -

Freshly promoted from 2. Bundesliga, I guided them to a Europa League spot.

A massive injury crisis in my second season gave me no choice but to field youth players who were nowhere near good enough for the 2. Bundesliga, never mind the Bundesliga. I had the club struggling in the bottom half but clear of relegation. The board weren't understanding about the injury problem and fired me.

The two managers who replaced me that season only picked up one win each. They finished bottom of the league and became a mid-table 2. Bundesliga club for the duration of the save.

Brechin City (Scotland) -

They were bottom of the Scottish Championship when I took over. On the last day of the season I was playing the team in first place, while the team above me were playing the team in second place.

To avoid relegation I needed to win, while the team above me lost. This result would also cause the team in first place to switch with the team in second.

I won along with the second placed team, causing both the champion and relegated team to be changed on the last day of the season.

In my second season I won the Scottish Championship before winning the Premier League in my second.

Much like my time Bochum, mass injuries along with new signings still struggling to gel saw a poor start to the season. The youth players I was forced to field weren't good enough and the board, who wanted to retain the title, fired me for being in third place behind Rangers and Kilmarnock.

Before I won the Scottish Premier League, Celtic had won it every single season in the save. Finishing behind me in second place for the first time seemed to destroy the club as they never managed a top half finish again. Brechin, Rangers and Kilmarnock went on to be the dominant teams in Scotland, with the title change between them every year.

Sheffield Wednesday (England) -

They were in the bottom half when I took over. I guided the team to the playoffs and lost to Derby in the final. Despite the huge improvement in form, the board weren't impressed and fired me for not getting them promoted.

Following my sacking several seasons ago, the club had two back to back relegations to League Two. When I took over this time they had finished mid-table in League One in the previous season, after gaining promotion the season before that.

I won two back to back titles taking them to the Premier League. I also won the FA Cup with them in the Championship during my second season.

West Ham (England) -

They were relegated from the Premier League in the previous season and I took them straight back up by winning the Championship.

Nantes (France) -

In my first season I finished second behind PSG. In my second season I won the league. In my third season I was fired in December as the board wanted to retain the title and being third behind PSG and Monaco wasn't good enough for them.

Columbus Crew (USA) -

They had finished bottom of the league in the previous season. Fortune didn't improve much under my management and I was fired halfway through the season.

Leigh Genesis (England) -

By far my worst season.

The club had established themselves in the National League, but were a financial mess when I took over. We were significantly over the wage budget and I was not able to release or sell anybody. The youngest senior player was 33 and he, along with all of his team mates, was no longer good enough to play at this level. Our youth team were even more appalling and there wasn't a single one of them who had any hope of making it as a semi-pro footballer after their contracts expired.

Unsurprisingly we finished bottom of the league, with the gap between us and safety being enormous. Despite this I had untouchable status and the board wanted to extend my contract. Naturally I declined.

Shrewsbury Town (England) -

Freshly relegated from League Two, a phenomenal rise through the football league saw us win three back to back titles. We then finished in second place in the Championship, behind a recently relegated Arsenal before winning three back to back Premier Leagues and two Champions Leagues.

Juventus (Italy) -

Despite a tycoon takeover in the previous season, they finished in sixth place. I came in, signed all of the best players in the world and won every single game. The money made things far too easy and I was bored long before the season ended.

My third time in charge at the club and the only club I returned to.

By this point they were finishing fifth in the Premier League every season, struggling to break the big four of Shrewsbury, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United.

I won everything domestically in both my first and second season at the club, while also winning the Europa League in my first and the Champions League in my second.

Keep randomly remembering things from my epic game save !!!!

Alongside my Fulham profile, I managed Barcelona for what could have been the best part of 30 years. In what turned out to be my final season in charge, I managed the "perfect league season" of played 38, won 38 :)  I didn't think this was possible, but as the season climax got closer, I realised that it was a huge possibility. So I kept rotating the team, just subtle changes each time and it paid off !!!!

After winning the Champions League that same season, I thought what better moment to walk off into the sunset than after a 100% season !!

Molde 2014 - 2021:

6 Norweigian championships.

1 Norweigian cup.

Latterly became consistent Champions league group qualifiers and had wins/draws against Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Manchester United but to name a few.

Others that may come close would be winning the Champions league with PSG (FM 2016), and Europa League with Celtic (FM 2014) and taking Berwick (FM 2018) to the Scottish Championship in 3 seasons, albeit resigning and the club being relegated.

Virtually all of my saves are long, around 30 seasons, give or take. Usually, i play a second or third division side, and enjoy the challenge of bringing them up through the years. Occasionally though I will play a top-flight team. One of those was Tottenham in FM13. The save lasted until the year 2042, and of course we won everything again and again. New stadium named after me, my son in the first team.

The star of that save, and pretty much every save I played from FM08 to FM13, was John Fleck. If I had to pick just one player over my FM career that has followed me everywhere I went, it was Fleck. He scored literally thousands of goals for me over the years. He had Curls Ball and would just bend them in from all over the pitch. What a star. He's no longer the player he was that he could have become :) He retired from Tottenham with over 600 goals, but I no longer recall exactly how many.

It would be interesting to see a thread where folks name the single player that has done the best job for him or her over their FM careers.

With FM17, I started a Journeyman career in North Ireland's lowest league, where I won a promotion with Queens University. With that I didn't renew my contract and opted to take a role in India with Shivajians since they had an excellent youth program. I ended up getting them good enough to qualify for the Asian Champions League but then got an offer from Skeid FC in Norway, who also had an excellent youth program.

Was able to secure promotions my first two seasons largely with loan players, and after 4 or 5 seasons was able to start winning the league. I had a solid team that ended up crushing most of the qualifying rounds and single handedly was able to start building up Norway's coefficient.  Was able to get some big income boosts with Europa Group Stage which I leveraged into training. Due to super harsh squad requirements, most of my recruiting out of country was for 17-18 year olds, because I needed them to get home grown status.

With my excellent results in a few continental championships, I ended up getting much better seedings and started to be able to qualify for Champions League Group Stage which meant HUGE influx of cash.  My personal coefficient also typically meant I was not the worst team in the group, so I secured a few 3rd place finishes and made decent runs in Europa for extra money. This let me expand my Stadium which did wonders for my bottom line as my team was now a pretty sizeable draw.  After aggressively recruiting some players out of Germany and South America, I had a solid core of players locked in long term (which I needed, because the big clubs were now trying to poach my players).  Our improved league rep meant that players were able to grow pretty well as "higher level competition" helped make that so.  It improved the top teams in my league and they started to get some extra money, and having some teams immediately qualify for Europa Group Stage, and a second team making Best Placed UCL placements, helped bring in more money for the leagues.

It was a challenge because the AI doesn't recruit like I did, so I ended up becoming the feeder team for a lot of Norway, bringing in players and loaning them out to gain Home Grown status, and often selling them to league rivals when my team profile grew.

Balancing team happiness, after about 10 seasons or so I was finally able to go on a Cinderella run and win the UCL beating Bayern Munich 1-0 thanks to a penalty kick.  Transitioned my formation from 4-1-2-3 DM to a 4-4-2 Diamond with very strong midfielders to control the middle of the pitch worked very well for me.  That shot Skeid rep to Worldwide after being stuck at 3 stars for a bit.  After that I took a break as it was about 15 seasons or so, and just picked up FM18 and started off in Div 2 for Switzerland's Servette, where I just secured promotion to Super League!

My favourite saves have both been in FM15, both of them starting in my hometown, Italy.

First one with Tuttocuoio, after two bad seasons in 3rd division, I could get two promotions in a row via play-offs (beating Latina, the city where I live in the finals). Then Milan called, and I accepted, but they had lots of financial problems. I finished 2nd, then I had to sell my best players in order to play Champions League. I rebuilt Milan with several great players from that edition (Romagna, Balanta, Gil Romero, Calhanoglu, Jovic). The save became unforgettable when Pierluigi Aquilante came through my youth team: he wasn't very good, he was pacey, good agility, great finishing and off the ball, but boy, he could score. I put him in because of several injuries, and he scored 20 goals + the winner in Champions League final in his first Serie A season, then 35 goals in 34 apps in his second season and another Champions League. He was the best poacher, better than Inzaghi. Every through ball was a goal. I signed for United, where I didn't buy Aquilante because I had poachers like CR7 and Kane in my team, but I abandoned the save soon.

Then, my absolute fav: Salernitana. I forced myself to use youth from the club, with the dream of playing the Champions League final with 11 youth products. During my 4th season, Matteo Esposito came through my youth system: the best trequartista ever. I reached Serie A, and in 2021 I decided to change the team playing style: from possession football to counter, to use the deadly combination Ricci - Esposito. In 2022 I won my first trophy, Europa League. Esposito was World Champion with Italy and won his first of 7 Ballon d'Or. 2023 we won Serie A, won Serie A again in 2025 (sold Ricci for 80m, tough decision, but he was not from  the  Academy), then we won a double in 2028. In 2029 we won the Champions League. I had 7/11 starters from my youth academy, only one of them bought from Inter, all the others directly generated in my club. After wins in Club World Cup and UEFA Supercup, I signed for Italy, but could just win the Olympics, losing the Euro final and never playing the 2034 World Cup. 

My longest save is my current one, which I am still playing using FM17. 

I started as manager of Bishops Stortford (my local team) in the National League South, with the hope of this being a one club save where I would take them to the top. Unfortunately, by December of the first season I had been sacked, this was incredibly frustrating given the amount of research and preparation I had done, to try and ensure success. 

I then was appointed Chelmsford City manager in the same division and to be honest I haven't looked back since, I have had 3 successful promotion campaigns (2 via the Play-offs) and won the FA Trophy, which now sees me sitting in the Sky Bet League 1, where we currently sit in the play off places when expected to fight bravely against relegation 

It's been really enjoyable building the team up and rising through the divisions and as I was so heavily invested in the save and hadn't played as much as previous versions (my first baby came along), I decided to skip buying FM18 to continue this career. 

In the past season or so, I have started to pretty regularly get approached by Championship level clubs, which ultimately I have refused to attend an interview for. However, I am unsure if a Premier League side were to come in for me, whether I could/should resist - would be interested to hear what people think I should do in that situation???

My longest save to date on all formats of the CM/FM series is the current one with FM17 Touch. I'm currently playing in my 26th season after starting with TNS, however I've had a few club changes since I began. The best I had done before was around 20 seasons

playing FM almost 15 years, but had only 5 notable careers:

cm4 - Fiorentina Viola. Won all possible trophies, Viola became best team in the World. Also there was incredible reserve team - there were players from every country in world (yep, more then 200 players :) )

fm05 - Universidad de Oviedo. Started save managing Celta, but was sacked after a season and after that managed second Oviedo team for 20+ years

fm11 - Slovkhlib Slovyansk - long career in the team from my wife's native city. Climbed from Donets'ka oblast championship (5th level of Ukrainian football) to Premier League, played in UEFA Cup. Unfortunately, save was damaged.

fm16 - Altyn Asyr - played for best turkmen team for 12 seasons, won AFC Cup several times, naturalised brazilian striker for Turkmenistan (this is nonsence IRL :) ), but there was no progress, I couldn't increase club reputation, develop academy, even transfer turkmen players from abroad, so I lost interest to that save

fm17 - Lane Xang United - played for them for 10 seasons, founded several great (for Laos, surely) brazilian regens, who scored almost 1 goal in each match, but there was no money too, and, also, the team was dissolved due the match fixing IRL. Won Mekong Cup (for teams from Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam) several times.

In fm18 my longest career was 3 seasons for my local team, but there're some plans for big careers after 18.3 release.

I've always found my most enjoyable games have been ones where I start unemployed and work my way through. I had a particularly pleasing one a few years ago where I ended up managing Nottingham Forest - and being old enough to remember them winning the European Cup - took them 'back to the heights'.

Another that was particularly satisfying was when I worked my way through to the point when SAF retired from Man U and being 'headhunted' - I'm a Liverpool fan - as well as the winning the fans over battle, went on to win the UCL five years in a row AND be undefeated in all competitions for three seasons running, to end up having their new stadium named after me! If I remember correctly, I may have even got my stature to the point where I was able to do 'a Fergire' and demand that my wage was higher than any of the players at the club.

Playing as Liverpool, always mega frustrating - too emotionally involved, I guess. It's gotten to the point these days, where I'll actually turn them down.

On 26/02/2018 at 10:06, simple_man67 said:

I've always found my most enjoyable games have been ones where I start unemployed and work my way through. I had a particularly pleasing one a few years ago where I ended up managing Nottingham Forest - and being old enough to remember them winning the European Cup - took them 'back to the heights'.

Another that was particularly satisfying was when I worked my way through to the point when SAF retired from Man U and being 'headhunted' - I'm a Liverpool fan - as well as the winning the fans over battle, went on to win the UCL five years in a row AND be undefeated in all competitions for three seasons running, to end up having their new stadium named after me! If I remember correctly, I may have even got my stature to the point where I was able to do 'a Fergire' and demand that my wage was higher than any of the players at the club.

Playing as Liverpool, always mega frustrating - too emotionally involved, I guess. It's gotten to the point these days, where I'll actually turn them down.

Fair enough. Anyone else?

On 22/02/2018 at 14:50, Connor said:

My longest save is my current one, which I am still playing using FM17. 

I started as manager of Bishops Stortford (my local team) in the National League South, with the hope of this being a one club save where I would take them to the top. Unfortunately, by December of the first season I had been sacked, this was incredibly frustrating given the amount of research and preparation I had done, to try and ensure success. 

I then was appointed Chelmsford City manager in the same division and to be honest I haven't looked back since, I have had 3 successful promotion campaigns (2 via the Play-offs) and won the FA Trophy, which now sees me sitting in the Sky Bet League 1, where we currently sit in the play off places when expected to fight bravely against relegation 

It's been really enjoyable building the team up and rising through the divisions and as I was so heavily invested in the save and hadn't played as much as previous versions (my first baby came along), I decided to skip buying FM18 to continue this career. 

In the past season or so, I have started to pretty regularly get approached by Championship level clubs, which ultimately I have refused to attend an interview for. However, I am unsure if a Premier League side were to come in for me, whether I could/should resist - would be interested to hear what people think I should do in that situation???

Save it before you take over and save it again under a new save and continue with your current side. 

12 hours ago, bucket said:

Save it before you take over and save it again under a new save and continue with your current side. 

Just done this with a new 'save'.

Still on FM2015 for this one, started unemployed, landed the Newcastle job after Pardew got the boot in first October. Got them from 18th to finish the season in 8th and, as you'd probably expect, the 'fat Cockney b*****d, shafted me when it came to budgets for the new season... anyhoo, Wenger retired, so I applied for the Arsenal job, failed, carried on with 'the Toon', December, we're hovering between 4th and 8th, Arsenal down in 15th bin De Boer and I try for the job again, this time successful.

Talk about 'careful what you wish for'... these f***ers are just as lazy as the real thing... got them to 8th after much shouting, a few fines and 'rotting in the reserves' cases, ironically finishing one place above Newcastle, and winning the UEFA Cup (or whatever they call it these days. Now scratching my head about how I'm going to offload that lazy, whiney, overpaid asshole Ozil - some clown gave him a long, big money contract...

FM19 suggestion - include the option to hire a hitman!!!

Being a Liverpool fan for many decades, my 'style' has always leaned towards the Klopp/Guarfiola way - Shankly and Dalglish (Mk1) actually set up this way, so it's not anything new - and I've actually found to my surprise that Walcott, Wilshere and the Ox have thrived under the intense training, whereas Sanchez has wilted and Ozil... well, less said about him the better.

Just in to my first 'summer window' with the Arse. Let the culling begin!

My current save saw me win the SuperLeague in Switzerland and now I'm bouncing over to Stade De Reims in Ligue 1 as it's quite a big jump in League quality, and I hefty payraise :D

But this one is shaping up to be a super fun long term save too. Brexit didn't result in any WP changes in England so big time career options remain. A bit of me is biased to trying out Germany but I'm excited to see how France is as I've never been a part of this League before. Quite the jump between relegation fodder and PSG though :p

• 4 weeks later...

My current game has been fun!

I started out in Swiss League 2 with promotion favourites Servette. I secured promotion and even won the Super League the following year after picking up some promising young players.

I saw an opportunity at Reims FC in Ligue 1 which is a bit step up from the Swiss League and I'm trying to play a more mercenary career (I had some offers to a few other places but they all went with someone else). Reims finished 17, just avoiding relegation.

First thing I had to do was clean up some of the excess. Reims has the very excellent ASEC as an affiliate and they had an amazing potential GK and CB that I put in bids for. I wouldn't be able to get the CB until January, but their GK was already a big upgrade on my current one AND only 18 years old. Plus I find importing players from a place like Ivory Coast lets me save a lot on wages. The GK had a €1.5M Euro release clause which helped out a lot too.

I set up primarily a 4-3-3 with wide wingers, occasionally shifting to a 4-2-3-1. Some of my pickups I needed to promise a top half finish in 2 seasons which I agreed to. I heavily favoured a youth influx as my average age was the highest in the Ligue. I had gotten the board to agree on a club philosophy about bringing in youth players so it fit well with that.

After a slow start and a hefty amount of cohesion and match training to get myself familiarized with my team (and some crushing losses to France's big clubs like PSG and Monaco) I was able to get a foothold by doing very well against the weaker clubs. We were sitting top half in January, which also saw me steal an excellent 18 year old French player from a Portugal second league, who again had excellent potential. He was able to play both Centerback and Centre midfield (excellent defensive/supportive midfielder) with beastly physicals. I took this opportunity to adjust my season expectations which saw me get another €3 million in transfer funds to help solidify the squad.

This resulted in a solid run in mid to late season that actually saw me bounce into champions league spots for a few games. It didn't last as teams like Monaco, Marseilles, PSG, and Lyon often prove to be a bit too much. I did barely hold on to 6th place which meant that depending on how cup victories went I would qualify for Europe. Instead, though, I had a great run with some lucky draws in the Coupe de France! After drawing PSG at home in the league (after a 5-0 drubbing away earlier), and a 1-1 penalties loss in Coupe de la Ligue, I knew it wasn't impossible to get a result. I ended up scoring around the 30th minute and then held off a Neymar running circles around the pitch off the score sheet.  Group Stage Europa!

Second season saw a beefy influx in wage budget due to Europa as well as a move from €15M TV money to about €21M based on my solid finish. I sold my starting DLF striker who was whinging about wanting more money and asking for much more than I was comfortable paying. I had a decent backup that put up similar goals (although not as many assists) and it was a bit bittersweet as Crislan was responsible for a stellar Coupe de France comeback against a weaker team where we were down 1-0 with less than 10 minutes to go. He tied the game up to force extra time, and then potted an extra two goals in the extra time to secure a semifinal birth. But he wanted a raise that was almost 4x what he was currently being paid and it just wasn't something I was able to do.  I also offloaded most of the reserves team (those I couldn't sell) of any expiring contracts. Any poor players that couldn't be sold were loaned out to anywhere for as much money as I could get.

Filling the gaps with promising young players, I was able to have a solid season in the league and Europa. I struggled in our local cups which helped me out by reducing our fixture congestion though. I was able to overachieve in Europa, winning my group and going all the way to the Quarter Final. This was great for the prize money as well as some good gate receipts, and a very appreciated €8 million in TV money at the end of the season! I was locked in a 3 way battle for top spot with myself, PSG, and Marseilles. Monaco was struggling a bit but ultimately finished solidly in 4th place.

I ended up with a home upset against Monaco, split my games against Marseilles (I played them in the Second Knockout Round of Europa where I was able to win 1 and tie the other game). I also was able to tie away against PSG, and got a stunning upset at home when I beat them 1-0. They were already down a player when a booked defender fouled someone in the box. That sent them down to 9 players and I scored the penalty, securing a huge 1-0 win. At one point I was 9 points up and a big win against Marseilles helped me secure the league title. PSG slid into second place, but did win the Champions League so they weren't too put off by it I don't think! All of our success in Europe also saw France move into 4th for nation club coefficient, snagging us 4 guaranteed Group Stage teams next season!

Finishing first meant I was top seeded in the draw for Champions League Group Stage this season, which helped. I lost my first game to Dortmund but my other two teams were Zenit and Young Boys of Switzerland. I was able to win those games and with some help I finished top spot. I'm in the first knockout round against probably the weakest opponent I could get, Shakhtar... but a red card to a wingback saw me lose 5-3. It was an away game though so I still have a chance to move on. It's been fantastic for my profits this season too though. I'm about to get state of the art upgrade facilities. The Ligue 1 has been more challenging... PSG is on a tear and has had some 5-0 and 7-0 wins. One of those 5-0 wins being against me! They're sitting first and with a run of bad form, I fell out of Champions League standing and currently sit in 5th place. Injuries to some of my best forwards haven't helped either.

I currently took an interview with Sevilla since I've never played in Spain either, though I do kind of have a long term goal to end up in Germany (although still trying to get as much money as I possibly can!) as I haven't played there either and I'm intrigued by their youth recruitment. We'll see how the Sevilla offer goes.

Board was upset with me at Reims due to not playing as much home grown talent as they'd like, so I did sell off some of my older veterans to make room for some younger players. I have an excellent looking STC that just turned 17 but I'm not quiiite ready to give him first team minutes yet (he's not quite to the standard) but better coaches and facilities has been helping him grow. He's a beast of a player with amazing physicals and basically looks like a super charged version of my current starting striker. Just need to work on those technicals and I'm excited to see his development.

Both my star GK and Centerback are now world class talents. Due to my hunting for young talents I now have 4 "wonderkids" on my team as the heavy minutes they get have been great for their development. My GK and my Centerback are both worth about 50M and neither are willing to discuss contract extensions with me, but have been professional in their time with me. I have 2.5 more seasons with the GK, and 3.5 with the centerback. I did buy a 16 year old spanish GK that I'm hoping will be ready for first team minutes in the next 1.5 seasons as I'll have to sell the GK. I snagged a quality 17 year old CB from Germany as well.

Rambled up, but it's been a very interesting game. Goal this season is to qualify for Champions League so hopefully I can keep at it. Europe isn't over yet but we have moved into 3rd place for coefficients. Marseilles only finished 3rd and went down to Europa where I expect they'll do well. We have 2 teams in Champions League with PSG that won 2 of the last 3 years. 3 teams in Europa should help us keep snagging some additional coefficient points.

22 hours ago, alanschu14 said:

My current game has been fun!

I started out in Swiss League 2 with promotion favourites Servette. I secured promotion and even won the Super League the following year after picking up some promising young players.

I saw an opportunity at Reims FC in Ligue 1 which is a bit step up from the Swiss League and I'm trying to play a more mercenary career (I had some offers to a few other places but they all went with someone else). Reims finished 17, just avoiding relegation.

First thing I had to do was clean up some of the excess. Reims has the very excellent ASEC as an affiliate and they had an amazing potential GK and CB that I put in bids for. I wouldn't be able to get the CB until January, but their GK was already a big upgrade on my current one AND only 18 years old. Plus I find importing players from a place like Ivory Coast lets me save a lot on wages. The GK had a €1.5M Euro release clause which helped out a lot too.

I set up primarily a 4-3-3 with wide wingers, occasionally shifting to a 4-2-3-1. Some of my pickups I needed to promise a top half finish in 2 seasons which I agreed to. I heavily favoured a youth influx as my average age was the highest in the Ligue. I had gotten the board to agree on a club philosophy about bringing in youth players so it fit well with that.

After a slow start and a hefty amount of cohesion and match training to get myself familiarized with my team (and some crushing losses to France's big clubs like PSG and Monaco) I was able to get a foothold by doing very well against the weaker clubs. We were sitting top half in January, which also saw me steal an excellent 18 year old French player from a Portugal second league, who again had excellent potential. He was able to play both Centerback and Centre midfield (excellent defensive/supportive midfielder) with beastly physicals. I took this opportunity to adjust my season expectations which saw me get another €3 million in transfer funds to help solidify the squad.

This resulted in a solid run in mid to late season that actually saw me bounce into champions league spots for a few games. It didn't last as teams like Monaco, Marseilles, PSG, and Lyon often prove to be a bit too much. I did barely hold on to 6th place which meant that depending on how cup victories went I would qualify for Europe. Instead, though, I had a great run with some lucky draws in the Coupe de France! After drawing PSG at home in the league (after a 5-0 drubbing away earlier), and a 1-1 penalties loss in Coupe de la Ligue, I knew it wasn't impossible to get a result. I ended up scoring around the 30th minute and then held off a Neymar running circles around the pitch off the score sheet.  Group Stage Europa!

Second season saw a beefy influx in wage budget due to Europa as well as a move from €15M TV money to about €21M based on my solid finish. I sold my starting DLF striker who was whinging about wanting more money and asking for much more than I was comfortable paying. I had a decent backup that put up similar goals (although not as many assists) and it was a bit bittersweet as Crislan was responsible for a stellar Coupe de France comeback against a weaker team where we were down 1-0 with less than 10 minutes to go. He tied the game up to force extra time, and then potted an extra two goals in the extra time to secure a semifinal birth. But he wanted a raise that was almost 4x what he was currently being paid and it just wasn't something I was able to do.  I also offloaded most of the reserves team (those I couldn't sell) of any expiring contracts. Any poor players that couldn't be sold were loaned out to anywhere for as much money as I could get.

Filling the gaps with promising young players, I was able to have a solid season in the league and Europa. I struggled in our local cups which helped me out by reducing our fixture congestion though. I was able to overachieve in Europa, winning my group and going all the way to the Quarter Final. This was great for the prize money as well as some good gate receipts, and a very appreciated €8 million in TV money at the end of the season! I was locked in a 3 way battle for top spot with myself, PSG, and Marseilles. Monaco was struggling a bit but ultimately finished solidly in 4th place.

I ended up with a home upset against Monaco, split my games against Marseilles (I played them in the Second Knockout Round of Europa where I was able to win 1 and tie the other game). I also was able to tie away against PSG, and got a stunning upset at home when I beat them 1-0. They were already down a player when a booked defender fouled someone in the box. That sent them down to 9 players and I scored the penalty, securing a huge 1-0 win. At one point I was 9 points up and a big win against Marseilles helped me secure the league title. PSG slid into second place, but did win the Champions League so they weren't too put off by it I don't think! All of our success in Europe also saw France move into 4th for nation club coefficient, snagging us 4 guaranteed Group Stage teams next season!

Finishing first meant I was top seeded in the draw for Champions League Group Stage this season, which helped. I lost my first game to Dortmund but my other two teams were Zenit and Young Boys of Switzerland. I was able to win those games and with some help I finished top spot. I'm in the first knockout round against probably the weakest opponent I could get, Shakhtar... but a red card to a wingback saw me lose 5-3. It was an away game though so I still have a chance to move on. It's been fantastic for my profits this season too though. I'm about to get state of the art upgrade facilities. The Ligue 1 has been more challenging... PSG is on a tear and has had some 5-0 and 7-0 wins. One of those 5-0 wins being against me! They're sitting first and with a run of bad form, I fell out of Champions League standing and currently sit in 5th place. Injuries to some of my best forwards haven't helped either.

I currently took an interview with Sevilla since I've never played in Spain either, though I do kind of have a long term goal to end up in Germany (although still trying to get as much money as I possibly can!) as I haven't played there either and I'm intrigued by their youth recruitment. We'll see how the Sevilla offer goes.

Board was upset with me at Reims due to not playing as much home grown talent as they'd like, so I did sell off some of my older veterans to make room for some younger players. I have an excellent looking STC that just turned 17 but I'm not quiiite ready to give him first team minutes yet (he's not quite to the standard) but better coaches and facilities has been helping him grow. He's a beast of a player with amazing physicals and basically looks like a super charged version of my current starting striker. Just need to work on those technicals and I'm excited to see his development.

Both my star GK and Centerback are now world class talents. Due to my hunting for young talents I now have 4 "wonderkids" on my team as the heavy minutes they get have been great for their development. My GK and my Centerback are both worth about 50M and neither are willing to discuss contract extensions with me, but have been professional in their time with me. I have 2.5 more seasons with the GK, and 3.5 with the centerback. I did buy a 16 year old spanish GK that I'm hoping will be ready for first team minutes in the next 1.5 seasons as I'll have to sell the GK. I snagged a quality 17 year old CB from Germany as well.

Rambled up, but it's been a very interesting game. Goal this season is to qualify for Champions League so hopefully I can keep at it. Europe isn't over yet but we have moved into 3rd place for coefficients. Marseilles only finished 3rd and went down to Europa where I expect they'll do well. We have 2 teams in Champions League with PSG that won 2 of the last 3 years. 3 teams in Europa should help us keep snagging some additional coefficient points.

Wow, a very long story that is rare but very appreciated and welcomed. You certainly seen decent at this game! Thank your for commenting

My current LLM save with Stockport (as a fan of theirs since I was 13 for season tickets with my Man after I got hooked after she got free tickets when she teached sewing at her local school). I got promoted to the NFL in my first season via the playoffs, currently in the relegation zone 

I thought my longest save was my current one but watching Roma's incredible performance against Barca this week has reminded me of an epic save I had on FM14, details are a little hazy.

Started off at Eastleigh in the Conference South and took them up to the National League first time and took a season to consolidate then managed to take them up to League 2 when I was furious they would not grant my request to improve training & youth facilities so leaked it to the press which resulted in an ultimatum of get 9 points from the first 5 games or I'd be sacked. 1st choice keeper out for 3 months 2 days before season started and suffice to say I got sacked.

Dropped down back into National League to take on Gateshead midway through the season and took them up to the Championship within 5 years winning League 2 along the way and other times finishing second to get automatic promotion. Had some good cup runs and have fond memories of a few great loanees who's names escape me now. Despite having that huge athletic stadium and my rise up the leagues my crowds hardly grew at all and thought it would be tough to keep them up on the shoestring I'd been operating on so I dropped back a division again to take on a sleeping giant, Leeds.

Took Leeds up 1st attempt and then spent 3 years in the championship including the 1st season when I could not buy a win for long periods and how I kept my job I don't know but managed to survive just about then 3rd season up I finished top of the league to win the championship. 1st season in the premiership I'd been expected to be relegated but come December end I was around 7th and we got bought out. New owner sacked me after 2 winning games to install his own man which again infuriated me. For what it's worth I watched with great delight when they only managed 1 win the rest of the season after I was asked to leave and they got relegated.

Around February applied for the Roma job and to my amazement they offered me it. I hadn't won any major offers or made any cup finals, best I'd won was the Championship!

Took Roma on who were languishing around 14th and managed to steady the ship and get a bit higher up but still outside of any European places. The next 10 years turned out to be an amazing wee time and one of my fondest FM periods. Started turning the team into an Italian only side and promoted from within where possible, improving training facilities & recruitment every time I could. Had myself a core little group sort of like Class of 92 vibe who I stuck with and by season 6 it finally happened, I won Serie A! All Italian squad, many youth products or young Italians I'd snapped up. I was fending off offers all the time with idea to have some of these players go down as club legends. Over the next 4 years I won the Europa Cup, Serie A and Italian Cup at various times and I even took over Italy as well who I guided to a semi-final appearance at the Euros.

After 10 glorious years and with FM15 fast approaching I decided to leave for one more job on the game.

I took on Dortmund who had fallen on bad times and a team I liked at the time due to Klopp. Spent about 4 years I think with Dortmund winning the league in year 2 and competing well in Europe as well. Had some great prospects coming through and really enjoyed Dortmund but FM15 dropped and I treated myself to that and the save stopped.

That was a glorious save and really loved it and look back on my Roma team fondly and in fact every year since when setting my profile I list Roma as one of my fave teams lol

Reading through you guys I'm amazed that you have such quick and dominate success at home and abroad, how the fudge do you manage that?

I had a 37 season game in FM08 that saw me bounce around Europe with 15 different clubs.

It took until my 34th season to win a domestic title and only in my final season did I get as far as the Champions League Semi-Finals (all with my last club, Geel), but it was a hugely entertaining save.

• 4 weeks later...

Brief update;

Have just concluded the 2097-98 season, winning my 48th consecutive Premier League title for Fulham.

My record of achievement at Fulham now stands at the following;

• Premier League Titles x 60.
  • Championship League Titles x 1.
  • FA Cup Wins x 36.
  • League Cup Wins x 37.
  • Community Shield Wins x 49.
  • Champions League Wins x 42.
  • UEFA Super Cup Wins x 38.
  • FIFA World Club Cup Wins x 41.
  • Europa League Wins x 1.

I still have the four managerial profiles on the go, managing Lazio and Glasgow Rangers alongside Fulham with the fourth profile currently unemployed and looking for a new lower league challenge.

Lazio were on hard times, languishing in 17th in Serie A when I took over 18 months ago. I picked them up and finished 8th at the end of that season, which culminated in a Coppa Italia win, thus qualifying us into the Europa League. We went all the way to the final of that competition, only to fall at the final hurdle and suffered defeat to newly crowned La Liga champions Espanyol.

After a rebuild over the summer and a few handy loans from Fulham, we were much more competitive in Serie A during my first full season in charge and eventually finished in 3rd place, just 4 points behind the winners. Subsequently, we have a Champions League campaign to look forward to during the 2098-99 season.

Glasgow Rangers were also struggling when I took over around the same time as Lazio. They were struggling in 10th in the SPL. Similar to Lazio, I managed to haul them up the table and finish 4th, qualifying for the Europa League for the following season in doing so. We scraped through two rounds of qualifying only to get drawn in the same group as Stuttgart and, yes you've guessed it, Lazio !! We put up a credible fight, finishing with 10 points from the 6 group matches, but it was only good enough for third place, so our European adventure was over.

I had hoped to carry out an overhaul of the playing squad during the summer, but this was not possible due to an extremely tight budget. Whereas the likes of Celtic, Motherwell and Aberdeen were spending over £2m/£3m on players, my transfer budget was limited at just £200k, with the wage budget being capped at £150k p/w. Subsequently I had to cut my cloth accordingly and cap my highest paid player to £11k a week.

I did manage to use the loan/free transfer markets wisely, but struggled to find a natural goalscorer and as a result I stuttered and stumbled my way to 5th place, a considerable distant behind league winners Celtic. This was enough to qualify for the Europa League again, but I will now have to negotiate my way through 3 qualifying rounds in order to make the group phase.

My fourth profile is currently on the look out for a good lower league challenge, either taking a perennial lower league club on an adventure up the league pyramid or to reignite the fortunes of a sleeping giant. The likes of Wolves and Blackburn are currently languishing in League Two, with Brentford and Wigan in the National League, so they are extremely appealing, but I will have to wait and see what the start of the 2098-99 season brings and keep you posted...

Finally, an intriguing development saw my beloved Sheffield Wednesday suffer a monumental end of season collapse and suffer relegation from the Premier League for the first time in years. Their finance description currently says "In Debt" and I assume that either a drop into administration or a board takeover are now on the cards, as well as a mass sale of their prized assets. Will be keeping a close eye on developments at Hillsborough in their bid to return to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Watch this space.... :D

My most successful career was back on CM 2006. I was Manchester United and I got to the 2045/46 season (which was bl**dy amazing for me as I often start a new save every 10 seasons or so) but I had won almost everything in every season. In my current season, I was in February/March and I was yet to concede a goal. It's a shame that I couldn't really continue it as the hard drive the save was on died...

Maybe not my best career but definitely the most fun was on FM14 with a modified database bringing England down to level 12. I took over Fisher FC at level 12 and worked them up all the way to the Championship. The problem was that the debt at the club was getting greater with each promotion. This got to a point where I couldn't afford anything in the Championship and saw my best players move away one by one, without being able to use the incoming money on replacements. I jumped ship and managed Chelsea for a few seasons before retiring and starting again. Fisher FC had dropped back to Conference level by that time. 

This is where the fun part started! I took over Winsford Utd, again from level 12. Literally 2 weeks into the job, an Australian tycoon takes over and is willing to invest in the club. We rised all the way to Premier league without too many problems, often with back to back promotions. We then won everything there is to win. 

I remember we didn't have world beating strikers, but we had one awesome Welsh AMC named Alan Williams. When played, the striker's job was easy so I didn't really need great strikers. I poached him from ManU for peanuts and he developed into a real gem! 

My fifth solo save, ever, was my longest and where I learned the most.  I got hooked into the game with FM16 and took over Chelmsford in Conference South.  Why?  They were looking for a manager (started unemployed) and found the expectations were as low as could be: "please, don't let us drop down!"  Played 42 seasons, always with Chelmsford, where I pretty much learned all I had to learned in FM16.  I brought the team to Championship, twice, got relegated on goal difference the first time, took me two years to bring the team back up.  Started good but got plagued by a series of injuries, we then lost a few games in a row, got a clash with a player that wanted contract renegociated for the uptieth time.  I lost the dressing room and I got canned!  My manager "retired" (i.e. I never opened the save again, except to just look at the journey).  Even today, I still remember that save foundly...  I still remember taking about an evening to go through 1 day in game because I was reading stuff all the time, to learn the game...

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2018 at 11:40, Williams27 said:

Brief update;

Have just concluded the 2097-98 season, winning my 48th consecutive Premier League title for Fulham.

My record of achievement at Fulham now stands at the following;

• Premier League Titles x 60.
  • Championship League Titles x 1.
  • FA Cup Wins x 36.
  • League Cup Wins x 37.
  • Community Shield Wins x 49.
  • Champions League Wins x 42.
  • UEFA Super Cup Wins x 38.
  • FIFA World Club Cup Wins x 41.
  • Europa League Wins x 1.

I still have the four managerial profiles on the go, managing Lazio and Glasgow Rangers alongside Fulham with the fourth profile currently unemployed and looking for a new lower league challenge.

Lazio were on hard times, languishing in 17th in Serie A when I took over 18 months ago. I picked them up and finished 8th at the end of that season, which culminated in a Coppa Italia win, thus qualifying us into the Europa League. We went all the way to the final of that competition, only to fall at the final hurdle and suffered defeat to newly crowned La Liga champions Espanyol.

After a rebuild over the summer and a few handy loans from Fulham, we were much more competitive in Serie A during my first full season in charge and eventually finished in 3rd place, just 4 points behind the winners. Subsequently, we have a Champions League campaign to look forward to during the 2098-99 season.

Glasgow Rangers were also struggling when I took over around the same time as Lazio. They were struggling in 10th in the SPL. Similar to Lazio, I managed to haul them up the table and finish 4th, qualifying for the Europa League for the following season in doing so. We scraped through two rounds of qualifying only to get drawn in the same group as Stuttgart and, yes you've guessed it, Lazio !! We put up a credible fight, finishing with 10 points from the 6 group matches, but it was only good enough for third place, so our European adventure was over.

I had hoped to carry out an overhaul of the playing squad during the summer, but this was not possible due to an extremely tight budget. Whereas the likes of Celtic, Motherwell and Aberdeen were spending over £2m/£3m on players, my transfer budget was limited at just £200k, with the wage budget being capped at £150k p/w. Subsequently I had to cut my cloth accordingly and cap my highest paid player to £11k a week.

I did manage to use the loan/free transfer markets wisely, but struggled to find a natural goalscorer and as a result I stuttered and stumbled my way to 5th place, a considerable distant behind league winners Celtic. This was enough to qualify for the Europa League again, but I will now have to negotiate my way through 3 qualifying rounds in order to make the group phase.

My fourth profile is currently on the look out for a good lower league challenge, either taking a perennial lower league club on an adventure up the league pyramid or to reignite the fortunes of a sleeping giant. The likes of Wolves and Blackburn are currently languishing in League Two, with Brentford and Wigan in the National League, so they are extremely appealing, but I will have to wait and see what the start of the 2098-99 season brings and keep you posted...

Finally, an intriguing development saw my beloved Sheffield Wednesday suffer a monumental end of season collapse and suffer relegation from the Premier League for the first time in years. Their finance description currently says "In Debt" and I assume that either a drop into administration or a board takeover are now on the cards, as well as a mass sale of their prized assets. Will be keeping a close eye on developments at Hillsborough in their bid to return to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Watch this space.... :D

As promised, here is the update;

2098-99 season has now concluded, albeit with the Champions League final still to come, which pits Fulham against Bayern Munich.

Premier League number 61 is now in the bank, the 49th consecutive title win, along with another Community Shield, another FIFA World Club Cup and another FA Cup. So all in all, another successful season. On a negative note, I have had a falling out with one of my best midfielders. Six months after signing a new contract, England International Danny Reynolds threw his toys out of his pram and demanded a transfer after growing bored of constantly being successful and winning countless trophies...perhaps he's running out of room at home to store them all !! Anyway, we had a public falling out and he has vowed never to speak to me again. This happened on the eve of the Champions League semi final, so he was banished to the reserves for the remainder of the season and my route from here is to obtain the highest possible price for him in the summer. I have several ambitious youngsters chomping at the bit to replace him, so I will not be shedding any tears at his departure.

Lazio finished a creditable third after having a nightmare start, so at least Champions League football is on the agenda again for 2099-2100. The Italian Cup final against the Tycoon backed, runaway league winners Genoa beckons. Disappointingly we were ousted from the Champions League at the Semi Final stage by Bayern Munich, making a Fulham vs Lazio final an agonizing arm's length away. Next year perhaps... An interesting development was a job offer out of the blue and on the eve of the Italian Cup final from Barcelona following the retirement of their previous manager. I managed to delay a decision for a week in order to concentrate on preparations for the Cup Final. A big decision is in the pipeline... Should I stay or should I go now...

Glasgow Rangers had an extremely disappointing season, thanks in no part to the tight, money pinching board and an injury crisis on a scale I have never experienced before... This lead to a disappointing league campaign which saw us only muster 7th before the league split, leaving us in the relegation group to conclude the season. In addition, disappointing runs in both cup competitions were only offset by a run to the Europa League knockout round, where a young, inexperienced and injury hit were battered by Porto. Unfortunately, this ultimately disappointing campaign looks set to end in an unemployed stint, as my contract runs out in a matter of days and with the manager job status currently reading "insecure" and the offer of a new contract not forthcoming, my relationship with Rangers would appear to be coming to an end.

Finally, my fourth profile sat unemployed until Mid-March when I was intrigued by an opportunity to take charge at Yeovil. They had been an aspiring Premier League having been taken over by a Tycoon a few years ago. Despite all their lavish spending and enormous wages, they had remained in the Championship and since the Tycoon withdrew his financial backing, have even had a spell in administration. In Mid-March I read the news that their manager had been sacked. I checked them out to find them sitting 23rd in the Championship and back in administration, with the associated 10 point deduction. I put my name into the hat and was promptly offered the job, on a 3 month contract.

I had 13 games in which to turn them around and save them from the drop. Their finances were overdrawn to the tune of over £1m, their wage total was just over £120k per week which meant they were over budget and their 34 year old striker was on £24,500 per week, with their 32 year old centre back on £29,500 per week... Staggering amounts of money considering the plight they were in.

I set about offering mutual terminations and whittled their squad down to 20 players, including reserves and youth teamers. I bought in a couple of free transfers in order to bolster a couple of areas and then brought in a loanee from Fulham. Unfortunately morale in the team was at an all time low and we didn't score in the first 6 matches, drawing four of them 0-0 and losing the other two 1-0. Then followed a remarkable turn of events, beating fellow strugglers Bristol City 0-5 at their place and we went on to remain unbeaten in the next 5 games, winning 4 of them. Trouble was the teams around the bottom of the table were also winning and with two games to play we were still 5 points adrift of safety and my last game was away at league winners Sunderland. We won the penultimate game of the season, only to find out at full time that the team in 21st had also won and thus relegated us in the process. The 3-0 loss at Sunderland on the last day was then rendered superfluous. I had a long hard think at full time and resigned from the post the following morning.

I was not out of work for long though as opportunities arose to take the reins at both Blackpool, who have been bouncing between League's One and Two just recently and narrowly survived the drop back to League Two on the last day or Watford, who fell through the League One trapdoor. After careful consideration, I plumped for Blackpool and am currently in the process of appointing my own, trusted backroom staff and sorting out which players I will be keeping for my assault on League One. Will be interested to see how Yeovil fare and will be looking forward to locking horns with them.

On a side note, Sheffield Wednesday struggled early on in the Championship, but soon got their act together finishing third, behind winners Sunderland and Manchester City. They made their triumphant return to the Premier League by beating West Ham in the play off final.

An interesting 2099-2100 season is on the cards. Can Fulham make it 50 in a row? Can Lazio challenge for the Serie A title? Can Blackpool upset the bookmakers and challenge for promotion to the Championship? And what will happen to the Rangers manager...

10 hours ago, Williams27 said:

2098-99 season has now concluded, albeit with the Champions League final still to come, which pits Fulham against Bayern Munich.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the premier league table? Curious to see who's survived from today's premier league 80+ years into the future. (And would you mind finding Swansea in there and telling me what division they're in? We usually drop down to the Championship but curious to see where we are according to FM)

On 23/05/2018 at 15:17, Williams27 said:

Premier League number 61 is now in the bank, the 49th consecutive title win, along with another Community Shield, another FIFA World Club Cup and another FA Cup. So all in all, another successful season. On a negative note, I have had a falling out with one of my best midfielders. Six months after signing a new contract, England International Danny Reynolds threw his toys out of his pram and demanded a transfer after growing bored of constantly being successful and winning countless trophies...perhaps he's running out of room at home to store them all !! Anyway, we had a public falling out and he has vowed never to speak to me again. This happened on the eve of the Champions League semi final, so he was banished to the reserves for the remainder of the season and my route from here is to obtain the highest possible price for him in the summer. I have several ambitious youngsters chomping at the bit to replace him, so I will not be shedding any tears at his departure.

Lazio finished a creditable third after having a nightmare start, so at least Champions League football is on the agenda again for 2099-2100. The Italian Cup final against the Tycoon backed, runaway league winners Genoa beckons. Disappointingly we were ousted from the Champions League at the Semi Final stage by Bayern Munich, making a Fulham vs Lazio final an agonizing arm's length away. Next year perhaps... An interesting development was a job offer out of the blue and on the eve of the Italian Cup final from Barcelona following the retirement of their previous manager. I managed to delay a decision for a week in order to concentrate on preparations for the Cup Final. A big decision is in the pipeline... Should I stay or should I go now...

Glasgow Rangers had an extremely disappointing season, thanks in no part to the tight, money pinching board and an injury crisis on a scale I have never experienced before... This lead to a disappointing league campaign which saw us only muster 7th before the league split, leaving us in the relegation group to conclude the season. In addition, disappointing runs in both cup competitions were only offset by a run to the Europa League knockout round, where a young, inexperienced and injury hit were battered by Porto. Unfortunately, this ultimately disappointing campaign looks set to end in an unemployed stint, as my contract runs out in a matter of days and with the manager job status currently reading "insecure" and the offer of a new contract not forthcoming, my relationship with Rangers would appear to be coming to an end.

Finally, my fourth profile sat unemployed until Mid-March when I was intrigued by an opportunity to take charge at Yeovil. They had been an aspiring Premier League having been taken over by a Tycoon a few years ago. Despite all their lavish spending and enormous wages, they had remained in the Championship and since the Tycoon withdrew his financial backing, have even had a spell in administration. In Mid-March I read the news that their manager had been sacked. I checked them out to find them sitting 23rd in the Championship and back in administration, with the associated 10 point deduction. I put my name into the hat and was promptly offered the job, on a 3 month contract.

I had 13 games in which to turn them around and save them from the drop. Their finances were overdrawn to the tune of over £1m, their wage total was just over £120k per week which meant they were over budget and their 34 year old striker was on £24,500 per week, with their 32 year old centre back on £29,500 per week... Staggering amounts of money considering the plight they were in.

I set about offering mutual terminations and whittled their squad down to 20 players, including reserves and youth teamers. I bought in a couple of free transfers in order to bolster a couple of areas and then brought in a loanee from Fulham. Unfortunately morale in the team was at an all time low and we didn't score in the first 6 matches, drawing four of them 0-0 and losing the other two 1-0. Then followed a remarkable turn of events, beating fellow strugglers Bristol City 0-5 at their place and we went on to remain unbeaten in the next 5 games, winning 4 of them. Trouble was the teams around the bottom of the table were also winning and with two games to play we were still 5 points adrift of safety and my last game was away at league winners Sunderland. We won the penultimate game of the season, only to find out at full time that the team in 21st had also won and thus relegated us in the process. The 3-0 loss at Sunderland on the last day was then rendered superfluous. I had a long hard think at full time and resigned from the post the following morning.

I was not out of work for long though as opportunities arose to take the reins at both Blackpool, who have been bouncing between League's One and Two just recently and narrowly survived the drop back to League Two on the last day or Watford, who fell through the League One trapdoor. After careful consideration, I plumped for Blackpool and am currently in the process of appointing my own, trusted backroom staff and sorting out which players I will be keeping for my assault on League One. Will be interested to see how Yeovil fare and will be looking forward to locking horns with them.

On a side note, Sheffield Wednesday struggled early on in the Championship, but soon got their act together finishing third, behind winners Sunderland and Manchester City. They made their triumphant return to the Premier League by beating West Ham in the play off final.

An interesting 2099-2100 season is on the cards. Can Fulham make it 50 in a row? Can Lazio challenge for the Serie A title? Can Blackpool upset the bookmakers and challenge for promotion to the Championship? And what will happen to the Rangers manager...

Do you not get bored of being the same team after so many years? I do, that's why I'm all about journeyman saves

On 24/05/2018 at 02:00, ThatGuyYouKnow01 said:

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the premier league table? Curious to see who's survived from today's premier league 80+ years into the future. (And would you mind finding Swansea in there and telling me what division they're in? We usually drop down to the Championship but curious to see where we are according to FM)

I don't mind at all, quite enjoy it in actual fact !!

Here you go, as you will see the Premier League still maintains an air of familiarity about it, albeit with a few unusual teams in there. Shrewsbury's Premier League status is largely down to me and the meteoric rise from the National League to the Premier League, however since I left the post they have managed to maintain their Premier League status.

Hopefully the pictures all upload properly...

Championship 2099-2100.png

League One 2099-2100.png

League Two 2099-2100.png

Premier League 2099-2100.png

Swansea City - Domestic History.png

Swansea City - Domestic Records.png

Swansea City - Domestic History Part 2.png

Swansea City - Domestic History Part 3.png

7 hours ago, Williams27 said:

I don't mind at all, quite enjoy it in actual fact !!

Here you go, as you will see the Premier League still maintains an air of familiarity about it, albeit with a few unusual teams in there. Shrewsbury's Premier League status is largely down to me and the meteoric rise from the National League to the Premier League, however since I left the post they have managed to maintain their Premier League status.

Hopefully the pictures all upload properly...

Premier League 2099-2100.png

Cheers! Always found it interesting to look at the leagues that far into the future

Edit: Liverpool in the championship :brock:

2098-99 End of Season update and 2099-2100 commencement...

The 2098-99 season ended in mixed fashion. Lazio overcame the odds to win the Coppa Italia, beating Serie A winners Genoa 1-0 in the final. Fulham however were surprisingly beaten 2-1 in the Champions League final by Bayern Munich. England International defender James Davies had an absolute nightmare, being at fault for both goals within the first 15 minutes of the game, from which we never recovered. The wait for a 43rd Champions League trophy goes on at least another 12 months...

As expected, the Glasgow Rangers manager was not offered a new contract and subsequently left his position at the end of May. He wasn't unemployed for long as the English FA came calling following the retirement of the previous manager. Admittedly the former Rangers manager was only the FA's third choice for the position, having approached and been rejected by both the Fulham and Lazio managers !! After accepting the position, I was chuffed to find out that England are the hosts for Euro 2100, so there is just the small matter of a number of International Friendlies ahead of me this season, prior to the tournament commencing !!

During the close season for Fulham, I took the decision to offload a number of the First Team Squad in order to accelerate the promotion to the First Team of my next "Golden Generation". 27 Year old Italian International Striker Giuseppe Galante, who spent much of last season sidelined by a broken leg, was sold to free-spending Italian Champions Genoa for £45m. 26 Year Old German International Midfielder Helmut Breitkopf also signed for Genoa for £33.5m, whilst the sale of unsettled England International Danny Reynolds to AC Milan raised £40m. In total, £207m was raised by player sales and only £32m was reinvested, primarily in promising youth players. Hopefully the new generation that I have put my trust in will be able to deliver the goods... Although having said that, 7 games in and only 3 wins on the board tells it own story... A number of uninspiring performances have littered the start to the season, culminating in a shock 2-1 defeat away to Shrewsbury Town. As a result we already find ourselves 5 points behind early pace setters Chelsea. This has left me contemplating my first major alteration to the formation in more than 70 years !!!! Hopefully the bad start is just a blip and we can resume normal service sooner rather than later...

Lazio's summer was a pretty uneventful one, with no major additions to the squad. As you can see, I spurned the opportunity to manage Barcelona, feeling that I had unfinished business at Lazio. On the playing front, Norwegian International Winger Roger Nielsen returned for his second consecutive season-long loan spell from Fulham and he was joined by Defensive Midfielder Claudio Lodi who will also spend the season on loan from Fulham. 22 Year Old Alessandro Corsini has again been entrusted to lead the line and World Class Burkina Faso goalkeeper Stephane Barro will again be relied upon to keep clean sheets. Hopefully we can defy the odds and mount a serious title challenge this season after being a class below Genoa last season.

Finally, a massive overhaul took place at Bloomfield Road. More than 30 players left the club with 25 new players being brought in. The entire backroom staff was changed, new training methods were introduced and 2 new tactics were worked on in training. My aim for Blackpool was to play some attractive, attacking football and entertain the fans, whilst steadily working our way up the league.

In terms of the playing staff, pretty much the whole of last season's first team squad was put up for sale and/or offered mutual terminations. I hired five new scouts and immediately sent them out to snuff out the stars of tomorrow. Two promising youngsters who would not have been good enough to make the grade at Fulham was snapped up, as were a number of other promising youngsters who had been released from the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United, Everton and Arsenal. I also scoured the free transfer market for a number of experienced players, snapping up a goalkeeper, two fullbacks, two centre backs and a centre forward who are all aged between 28 and 32.

In addition to those, I brought in a highly rated English midfielder on loan from my parent club Everton and raided Fulham for two loanees too. In order to add depth and variety to the squad, on deadline day I loaned a defensive midfielder, surplus to requirements at Lazio and an attacking midfielder/striker from Lazio who was desperate for first team football to progress his career.

The 2099-2100 season has started with a mixed bag, with 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats from the opening 10 games. The goals have been flowing in at both ends, so some tightening of the defence as the season progresses is a must. The 10 game of the season saw us defeat my previous club Yeovil 5-2, who following the game sacked my successor !! The season looks like being a struggle for Welsh clubs with the bottom two places currently being occupied by Swansea and Cardiff...

For anybody interested in my stories, I will keep you posted as the season progresses...

wow thought i had racked up a few seasons on my FM13 save. still playing it and still going strong. into season 2050/2051 (so 37 seasons)

started as portsmouth and must have spent circa 15 odd years there turning them into a world force.

i then had a mixed journey of Everton for 4 season, followed by a few years in Russia, with FC Chernomorets, FC Luch and CSKA Moscow.

This then followed by a 2nd long and successful stint at Portsmouth, again bringing them back to the top.

i then had 2 seasons at Hibs, winning the league in 2nd year.

then 4 seasons at Betis, where i could only finish 3rd (twice) and realise Barca/Real domination would take forever.

a very brief half season at AFC wimbledon of League 2 which was going very average, and a relegation threatened norwich in the prem offered me the job at Xmas. i have steered them to a 9th place finish in my first season there.

and now into the summer for another squad overhaul.

literally been playing this save for 5 years. sometimes i can go weeks or even months without playing at all (due to other commitments)

7 hours ago, L-Wiz said:

wow thought i had racked up a few seasons on my FM13 save. still playing it and still going strong. into season 2050/2051 (so 37 seasons)

started as portsmouth and must have spent circa 15 odd years there turning them into a world force.

i then had a mixed journey of Everton for 4 season, followed by a few years in Russia, with FC Chernomorets, FC Luch and CSKA Moscow.

This then followed by a 2nd long and successful stint at Portsmouth, again bringing them back to the top.

i then had 2 seasons at Hibs, winning the league in 2nd year.

then 4 seasons at Betis, where i could only finish 3rd (twice) and realise Barca/Real domination would take forever.

a very brief half season at AFC wimbledon of League 2 which was going very average, and a relegation threatened norwich in the prem offered me the job at Xmas. i have steered them to a 9th place finish in my first season there.

and now into the summer for another squad overhaul.

literally been playing this save for 5 years. sometimes i can go weeks or even months without playing at all (due to other commitments)

I envy you for being able to leave a team after spending 15 years there! I really want to but can't bring myself to leave everything behind after spending 5+ years at a club. Now at the end of 2026 in my save and I'm dominating the Norwegian League as Tromso and due to registration limitations I've hit a ceiling for at least a few years to come until better Norwegian regens come around, but I can't bring myself to leave. So I keep playing, hoping I might get past the Champions League Group Stage/Europa League QF while I wait.

Just sold my star player as well, an Icelandic regen named Alan Santos I grew quite fond of for a record 55 mil (Canadian)$, who's now gone on to become a key player at RBL in Germany. As a midfielder this guy was the spine of my team all by himself. One of those players I hope I'll never forget having! Can still name all the star players I've had over the years in my save. Oliver Berg and Felix Horn Myhre, midfielders who are still at the club and have been bossing the league for almost a decade, even though they are getting at the end of their careers and were getting replaced by Santos. Admir Vila, a Bosnian regen striker who really kickstarted my team who had been struggling to score goals until he came in. Marco Haworth, a Canadian RB regen who was the star of his NT, the Tromso defence and record buy/sale until the Santos sale quadrupled his. So many memories just from this one save!

11 hours ago, ThatGuyYouKnow01 said:

I envy you for being able to leave a team after spending 15 years there! I really want to but can't bring myself to leave everything behind after spending 5+ years at a club. Now at the end of 2026 in my save and I'm dominating the Norwegian League as Tromso and due to registration limitations I've hit a ceiling for at least a few years to come until better Norwegian regens come around, but I can't bring myself to leave. So I keep playing, hoping I might get past the Champions League Group Stage/Europa League QF while I wait.

Just sold my star player as well, an Icelandic regen named Alan Santos I grew quite fond of for a record 55 mil (Canadian)$, who's now gone on to become a key player at RBL in Germany. As a midfielder this guy was the spine of my team all by himself. One of those players I hope I'll never forget having! Can still name all the star players I've had over the years in my save. Oliver Berg and Felix Horn Myhre, midfielders who are still at the club and have been bossing the league for almost a decade, even though they are getting at the end of their careers and were getting replaced by Santos. Admir Vila, a Bosnian regen striker who really kickstarted my team who had been struggling to score goals until he came in. Marco Haworth, a Canadian RB regen who was the star of his NT, the Tromso defence and record buy/sale until the Santos sale quadrupled his. So many memories just from this one save!

haha i guess i kind of always had in the back of my mind a loose sort of Journeyman career so my aim was to get pompey to world domination, which i done. i won a few prem leagues, couple champ leagues, and world club cup etc. i had built up the club with best youth setup and training facilities and built new stadium. i basically completed my mission so moved on. 

you will see above that i went back there a few years later and won it all again (to keep them at the top). 

whats mad now is the prem literally has a "top 7" with pompey coming 1st or 2nd most years.

im now norwich trying to make it a "top 8" lol.

infact my fondest memory was an insane youngster AML/C called Max Thee (great name) signed on a free transfer after being released by a german club at 18. he joined me in League 1 and stayed with me until about 34, just somehow turning into a world beater. year after year my most consistent player racking up insane amount of assists. he was also my penalty taker and barely missed 1 or 2 in all those years. he was almost like my Ryan Giggs.

who knows, i might end up back there for a 3rd time if i see them falling down the league again :)

My favourite ever save was Grasshoppers in Switzerland on FM13 or 14 I think. Dame N'Doye will forever be a hero for me. Won European Golden Boot twice and scored 35+ every season. 

Had a right back regen called Aleksandr Kaplas who was incredible and various other regens who came and went. Michalis Sifakis was a wall in goal. Got to the semis of the Champions League but I hit a wall in the end and had to call it time.

Well I have just reached the end of the century, which just sounds crazy, but yes my game date currently reads 31st December 2099...

Fulham currently sit second in the Premier League Table, 3 points behind fierce rivals Chelsea, with Arsenal 3 points behind me and Everton a further point back. In an earlier post, I talked about the possibility of changing my formation, one which has stayed consistent for more than 70 years and I indeed took the plunge and did just that. The change resulted in a 7-1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday during it's first outing and has also resulted in a 4-1 win over Arsenal, 5-0 over Southend, 6-0 over Sunderland and, more recently, a 6-1 at Bolton - having been 5-0 up in just 10 minutes !!!! We have however suffered one further league defeat, a 1-0 loss at Leeds. This has left my record standing at 15 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats from my 21 games so far, scoring 59 in the process and conceding 14.

We are certainly not missing the goalscoring prowess of Giuseppe Galante though... 22 Year Old England International John Daniel currently tops the Premier League scoring charts after bagging 30 goals in his 19 appearances so far this season. These stats include 3 against Arsenal, 4 against Southend and 5 in the 6-0 win against Sunderland.

There are big games coming up in January, most notably Everton away and Chelsea away. No doubt these games will go a long way to determining whether I am able to make it 50 titles in a row or whether there will be a new name on the trophy for the start of the new century...

Lazio are fairing better at present and after 18 games currently finds themselves sitting pretty at the top of Serie A, 4 points clear of Milan with Napoli a further 3 points back. The surprise so far this season is the lack of fight from reigning champions Genoa. After remaining unbeaten through the whole of the 2098-99 league season, I expected them to be the team to beat again. This has proved not to be the case so far as they have already lost 5 games this season, including a 3-2 defeat at Lazio, where we secured the winner with the last kick of the game !! We will be trying our best to keep the momentum going in the hope of securing Lazio's first Scudetto since 2090.

If I had to sum up Blackpool's season so far, it would be turbulent... We currently sit 13th in the table but a massive 18 points off the playoffs and just 6 points above the relegation zone. We have the second best goalscoring record in the league, but also have the second worst defensive record too. I have not been able to find a defensive combination that works effectively, with both 30+ year old centre backs I recruited in the summer struggling for both form and consistency. My best player so far this season has been 20 Year Old Fulham loanee Mark Davidson he has netted 19 goals in 24 appearances and is doing his level best to haul us up the league, but is badly let down by his defence. With the January transfer window about to open, £300K available in transfer funds and room to maneuver in terms of the wage budget, improving my defence will be the top priority.

Four international friendlies have been played since I took over as England boss. Wins were achieved over Chile, Uruguay and Australia, and the year concluded with a 0-0 in Portugal. The draw for the Euro 2100 group stage was made and I will take on Switzerland, Czech Republic and Romania. England currently sit 9th in the FIFA World Rankings with Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Germany and France appearing above them from the European Continent. Incidently Scotland are ranked 10th !!!!

I have a couple more friendlies prior to the tournament, but I already have a good idea as to the make up of the core of my squad, so I will use these friendlies to decide who to take as the backups and squad players. Once again, watch this space...

32 minutes ago, Williams27 said:

Well I have just reached the end of the Millennium, which just sounds crazy, but yes my game date currently reads 31st December 2099...

I believe you mean century. Millennium refers to a period of a thousand years. After 2000, the next millennium isn't until the year 3000.

On 24/05/2018 at 16:27, bigmattb28 said:

Do you not get bored of being the same team after so many years? I do, that's why I'm all about journeyman saves

I always used to, to be honest, but there was just something about this game save that made me keep going. I certainly didn't envisage that when I started it all those years ago, that I would still be going now and I definitely didn't think I would manage the same team for more than 70 (game) years !! My motivation has been to just keep winning and to watch the promising youngsters transform into World Class Internationals thanks, in part, to my man-management !!

11 minutes ago, Neotropolis said:

I believe you mean century. Millennium refers to a period of a thousand years. After 2000, the next millennium isn't until the year 3000.

Ooops... Spot on !! Now amended !!!! :)

My best save came in the glory days of FM14, starting out at Bristol City we got consecutive promotions to the promised land before a lack of funds in the summer left us bottom of the pack come christmas, I resigned hoping they'd find someone who could keep them up but sadly they were relegated and remained in the championship for the rest of the save. (all named players below are regens)

Had a short break then had a season at Peterborough, then one at Bradford where I failed to replicate the same success. After a year out of football the mighty Dortmund came calling! Starting out mid season we finished 2nd, then came the pivotal summer. Signings of Mehmut Yilmaz and Octavio Tavares for a total sum of £3m drove us forward, with Yilmaz scoring around 30 league goals as a shadow striker and Tavares dominating as a false nine. Won everything domestically for the next 3 seasons, and finished runners up in the champions league twice, then Man Utd came calling. 

The Man Utd era also started mid season, a job I couldn't turn down. With a week of the transfer window left I agreed a deal to sign Yilmaz from Dortmund at the end of the season, while splashing out £40m on Peter De Haan (false 9) from Ajax, £18m for Colin Lamb from Southampton (SS), and £38m on Jorge Figuereido (RW) from Bayern (previously of man utd). De Haan and Figuereido were key to us climbing up the table to finish 3rd while also ending the season with the FA Cup in hand. The addition of Yilmaz in the summer along with some great youth prospects coming through led us to a title winning season, 10 years later i've never looked back dominating the domestic competitions and Europe (8 champions league titles on the trot). 

I still load it up every so often and play a few more games, the 2035 batch of youth players looks incredible so I can't see us falling from grace for a good while yet

On 03/06/2018 at 08:28, Williams27 said:

Well I have just reached the end of the century, which just sounds crazy, but yes my game date currently reads 31st December 2099...

How old's your manager now? Do you get forced to retire or something because now your manager is most likely over the age of 100!

Archived