Your best/longest career?

As a relative noob to the game, I am not very good at FM however I have read about some amazing achievements by some people and would like to make a place for all of them. If a similar page exists then I’m sorry but I want to read about how amazing some people can be. Please post your best career/s here with a good amount of detail.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Billericay Town epic on CM01/02 - There was a Where The Hell Is Billericay thread on LLM but I would guess it has long been lost to where cyber stuff that gets deleted goes.

I also had a Newcastle Town save on FM11 where I got to the Premier League for one season that was documented in the Careers Forum. That might still exist.

I had a Grays Athletic, when they had both Michael Kightly and Aaron McClean to start off with - think it may have been FM2005 or so.  Took about 50 years or so but got them to mid table obscurity in Premier League, love it.

I had a save with Austria Vienna where I got them to the Champs League semis, won the Europa League, 10 league titles in a row and 6 or 7 cup wins which was a lot of fun until the save corrupted and I lost it. My FC Luzern save was a lot of fun too. My current LASK save is shaping up to be a lot of fun too

1 hour ago, mark1985 said:

I had a save with Austria Vienna where I got them to the Champs League semis, won the Europa League, 10 league titles in a row and 6 or 7 cup wins which was a lot of fun until the save corrupted and I lost it. My FC Luzern save was a lot of fun too. My current LASK save is shaping up to be a lot of fun too

Wow you have serious commitment

I have no idea why but the best saves I've had (in FM15 and FM16) were with FK Inter in Finland. Highly successful in both and really enjoyable. I found a few problems though when qualifying for The Champions League as I didn't have a pre-season and as such the game couldn't update itself so my stadium and facilities stagnated at times. Still, I will have another go in FM18 once I've figured it out. 

5 minutes ago, dolph11 said:

I have no idea why but the best saves I've had (in FM15 and FM16) were with FK Inter in Finland. Highly successful in both and really enjoyable. I found a few problems though when qualifying for The Champions League as I didn't have a pre-season and as such the game couldn't update itself so my stadium and facilities stagnated at times. Still, I will have another go in FM18 once I've figured it out. 

I’ve played in Finland once, didn’t go very well

Hi there.

I'm currently playing my best and longest FM save (FM2015). Year is 2087.

I started with Portsmouth in England League 2. After reaching the Championship I signed with West Ham. I took them to the Premier and rised them to the strongest team in the world (11 Premier League titles, 5 FA cups, 5 Capital cups, 5 Charity Shields, 5 Champions Leagues, 4 FIFA Club World Cup and 4 European Supercups).

Then I moved to Bayern Munich and then to Barcelona, where I won pretty much everything.

However, the best part of this save is the one related to my hometown team, AC Reggiana. When I started to get bored of Barcelona I waited for the Reggiana's manager to be sacked and then signed for them. The team was playing in Lega Pro (the current Serie C, the third tier of Italian soccer). My goal was to bring them to the Champions League in 10 years. The first year I won the Lega Pro and got promoted to Serie B. Then my team failed the promotion to Serie A (went out at the play-off) but succeeded the year after. 

In my first Serie A season I finished 5th (with some incredible wins against giants like Juventus) and qualified for the Europa League that I really unexpectedly won the year after. This is one of the best results I ever achieved in FM: from third tier to the first European cup in five years. After two more season with the same final placement (and a second Europa League) I finally won my first Serie A title. The first Champions League came two years later, nine years after I took over at AC Reggiana!

I'm still at the club, spending my 44th year there. They just finished the new Stadium (the second one since I took over) that has been named after me. A jevel with a capacity of more than 118k.

Here some stats of my AC Reggiana:
- 35 Serie A titles in the last 36 years (currently eighteen consecutive titles)
- 25 TIM cups
- 32 Supercoppa di Lega TIM
- 23 Champions Leagues
- 20 FIFA Club World Cups
- 3 Europa Leagues
- 23 European Supercups

While at AC Reggiana I won 1905 matches over 2372 (80.3%), scoring 7223 goals and conceeding 1551. My all times best striker scored 69 goals in 38 Serie A matches.

Beside club thropies I also managed several national teams and won 4 World Cups (three with England and one with Spain).

I'm still having fun with this save and with this team :)

1 hour ago, apadovani said:

Hi there.

I started with Portsmouth in England League 2. After reaching the Championship I signed with West Ham. I took them to the Premier and rised them to the strongest team in the world (11 Premier League titles, 5 FA cups, 5 Capital cups, 5 Charity Shields, 5 Champions Leagues, 4 FIFA Club World Cup and 4 European Supercups).

Then I moved to Bayern Munich and then to Barcelona, where I won pretty much everything.

However, the best part of this save is the one related to my hometown team, AC Reggiana. When I started to get bored of Barcelona I waited for the Reggiana's manager to be sacked and then signed for them. The team was playing in Lega Pro (the current Serie C, the third tier of Italian soccer). My goal was to bring them to the Champions League in 10 years. The first year I won the Lega Pro and got promoted to Serie B. Then my team failed the promotion to Serie A (went out at the play-off) but succeeded the year after. 

In my first Serie A season I finished 5th (with some incredible wins against giants like Juventus) and qualified for the Europa League that I really unexpectedly won the year after. This is one of the best results I ever achieved in FM: from third tier to the first European cup in five years. After two more season with the same final placement (and a second Europa League) I finally won my first Serie A title. The first Champions League came two years later, nine years after I took over at AC Reggiana!

I'm still at the club, spending my 44th year there. They just finished the new Stadium (the second one since I took over) that has been named after me. A jevel with a capacity of more than 118k.

- 35 Serie A titles in the last 36 years (currently eighteen consecutive titles)
- 25 TIM cups
- 23 Champions Leagues
- 3 Europa Leagues
- 23 European Supercups

While at AC Reggiana I won 1905 matches over 2372 (80.3%), scoring 7223 goals and conceeding 1551. My all times best striker scored 69 goals in 38 Serie A matches.

Beside club thropies I also managed several national teams and won 4 World Cups (three with England and one with Spain).

That's amazing mate. Living the dream

I'm still playing FM14 with Arsenal, currently pre-season for 2119/20 but the game has well and truly stiffed me, nearly 4000 hours and 4 years on this career. Zero days spent on holiday.

There was a take over and inexplicitly and without any explanation the club went from being worth 2 billion to being 1.8 billion in debt, literally over night.

Administrators have taken over the running of the club and are selling all my players for cheap and I can't re-new any contracts for my players and staff.

I had no plans on ever quitting this save (I had guinness book of records in my dreams) . The transfer budget is zero and my wage budget has gone from around 5 million a week to 900k and I'm still expected to win the league with whatever reserve players I have left after the transfer window.

Every player has low morale and now so do I in my real life.

9 minutes ago, livingwaters1 said:

I'm still playing FM14 with Arsenal, currently pre-season for 2119/20 but the game has well and truly stiffed me, nearly 4000 hours and 4 years on this career. Zero days spent on holiday.

There was a take over and inexplicitly and without any explanation the club went from being worth 2 billion to being 1.8 billion in debt, literally over night.

Administrators have taken over the running of the club and are selling all my players for cheap and I can't re-new any contracts for my players and staff.

I had no plans on ever quitting this save (I had guinness book of records in my dreams) . The transfer budget is zero and my wage budget has gone from around 5 million a week to 900k and I'm still expected to win the league with whatever reserve players I have left after the transfer window.

Wenger out

39 minutes ago, livingwaters1 said:

I think when you hit a certain bank balance/club values the game can't handle it so it changes to a minus. It was definately the case on the older games anyway. In fact I'm pretty sure that that £2bn was the ceiling.

12 minutes ago, Robioto said:

I think when you hit a certain bank balance/club values the game can't handle it so it changes to a minus. It was definately the case on the older games anyway. In fact I'm pretty sure that that £2bn was the ceiling.

I just phoned Sports Interactive but you just get put on a loop from operator to voicemail, you don't get to speak to an actual human.

tbh I don't know why I phoned, to complain? for an explanation.. a shoulder to cry on.. a free copy of FM18, I don't know. I feel lost. I can't bring myself to load it up again.

What's FM18 like? The whole group dynamics thing seems a step too far. But I need FM in my life.

livingwaters1

It is definitely due to a well known bug (that I learnt to exist just few weeks ago by the way...): when you hit 2B balance, it suddenly goes down to -2B.

Since FM2015 it has been "solved" by preventing your balance to hit 2B. As soon as you get close to the amount, the board invest huge amounts of money "in the future". In my case this happened 4-5 times already (more than 1.5B has been 'invested' so far). This is how I found about the existence of that bug in previous versions. 

Everyone also suppose that once you build a new stadium those money are will come back. I can tell you that it is not true. I had my brand new stadium, but the money were taken from my actual balance. So the money invested are simply gone...

I find this annoying because it prevents my club to become the reachest one in the world (PSG is always ahead) and also because I really would like to reach hundreds of billions. But it is nothing compared to your case.

20 hours ago, apadovani said:

Hi there.

- 25 TIM cups
- 23 Champions Leagues
- 3 Europa Leagues
- 23 European Supercups

That is one heck of a career. I was hoping I would see something like this. Wow, you are amazing!

5 hours ago, livingwaters1 said:

That's absolutely gutting. I love my long-term saves with one club as well and if that happened to me in the year 2120 I think I'd just get an editor and punch in some numbers in the finance section so I could keep managing the club. If the game screws you unfairly like it has screwed you - which seems to be a clear bug - I think using an editor is fair.

So, a couple of years ago, the Scottish Championship (tier 2) had three of the country's biggest teams in it; Hibs, Hearts and Rangers. Only two teams can get promoted from that division and one of them has to do so via the slightly over-complicated play-off system. That seemed like a good league to try; three relative giants battling it out for one and a half tickets back to the top.

I toyed with the idea of trying to spoil the party with a smaller team but I'm not that good at FM so I decided I'd do a Hearts save. It wasn't supposed to be a long career, just a couple of seasons, but it ended up being my rise to the top of the world (well, almost). Some of the details are hazy because of how far back it is and I cant check details because I don't have my laptop on me but here goes.

In season 1 we won the League and the League Cup, finishing runner up in the Scottish League Challenge Cup and reaching the semi-final of the Scottish cup. I'd made a few impressive loan signings, if I say so myself, but mostly the squad was youngsters who I hoped to develop into something approaching Premiership players by giving them a lot of Championship football.

The board wouldn't give me funds to add to the squad so it's a good job I'd taken time to develop the youth. I also managed another few loan swoops. I won the Premiership in season 2, and I think one of the cups as well.

Still no money for signings so I again did some wheeler-dealing in the loan market. We met Lyon in the Champions' league qualifiers; a big test for what was essentially still a Scottish Championship side. Leg 1 was tight and cagey; at Tynecastle we somehow held on for a 0-0 draw, which was beyond my wildest dreams and meant a score draw in France would see us through on away goals. We were 6-1 down by half-time in the return leg but stormed back to draw 6-6 and seal a place in the group stages - an historic game for the competition, never mind little old Hearts. We got destroyed in most of our Champions League games but by now we were established as one of the big teams domestically and my players were coming to the attention of bigger clubs abroad. My chairman was accepting offers left, right and centre, most of which I would have laughed off even back in the Championship days, if given the chance. Luckily, the promise of Champions League football was enough to keep my team together for one more year. We won the League again and performed well in the cups.

In July of season 4, I had a little money to spend (still nowhere near enough to build a team capable of staying in Europe after Christmas but enough to add one player who'd tear the league up - if they could be persuaded to come to Scotland. I targeted loans again (if it ain't broke don't fix it) and kept my eyes open for a gem of a player to blow that money on. I had a few players in the pipeline, hoping to line up deals for a few before choosing which of them to sign. However, disaster struck; an offer of £500,000 came in for my captain and the chairman accepted it. I immediately launched a counter-offensive, offering to increase his wages and promising more Champions League football. His agent took against me because I refuse to pay stupid agents' fees, even if I have to break the bank on the players' wages and bonuses to compensate. He turned down the contract and left. I was allocated £50,000 of the fee to spend. The next day, Shakhtar Donetsk offered me their manager's job and - despite having previously turned down offers from bigger clubs to continue the Hearts project - I jumped at it. As revenge I poached my star striker from Hearts for a derisory sum and beat my old employers to a few players that I'd previously had on loan in Scotland. The Edinburgh club had been after some of those players again on my watch but once my new employers entered the race there was no contest.

I won the Ukranian League with Shakhtar and possibly the cup too, also reaching he Champions League knockouts for the first time in this save. We went out in the quarters - I think - and at the end of the season Juventus came calling. I dont know why they came to me but having the chance to lead Pirlo, Pogba, Buffon? I leapt at that too.

I completed the domestic double every year for the next three seasons, losing to Real Madrid in the Champions League final in year one of my time in Turin. I believe I would have won had Pirlo not retired after the semi-final first leg. I lost out to Liverpool in the final in each of the next two seasons.

The save ended there so it wasn't very long or massively successful, relative to my ambitions (after season 3 I was determined to win the Europa League with Hearts but obviously that never came about and I wanted to give Buffon his Champions League medal but he retired after my third season in Turin, which is part of why I stopped playing that save). Nonetheless it is my longest save to date (I prefer mucking about in the editor to playing the main game) and I still remember it fondly. If I hadn't lost the file, I'd probably have gone back to it at some stage.

18 hours ago, SpurrBeeversWoodBuxton said:

So, a couple of years ago, the Scottish Championship (tier 2) had three of the country's biggest teams in it; Hibs, Hearts and Rangers. Only two teams can get promoted from that division and one of them has to do so via the slightly over-complicated play-off system. That seemed like a good league to try; three relative giants battling it out for one and a half tickets back to the top.

I toyed with the idea of trying to spoil the party with a smaller team but I'm not that good at FM so I decided I'd do a Hearts save. It wasn't supposed to be a long career, just a couple of seasons, but it ended up being my rise to the top of the world (well, almost). Some of the details are hazy because of how far back it is and I cant check details because I don't have my laptop on me but here goes.

In season 1 we won the League and the League Cup, finishing runner up in the Scottish League Challenge Cup and reaching the semi-final of the Scottish cup. I'd made a few impressive loan signings, if I say so myself, but mostly the squad was youngsters who I hoped to develop into something approaching Premiership players by giving them a lot of Championship football.

The board wouldn't give me funds to add to the squad so it's a good job I'd taken time to develop the youth. I also managed another few loan swoops. I won the Premiership in season 2, and I think one of the cups as well.

Still no money for signings so I again did some wheeler-dealing in the loan market. We met Lyon in the Champions' league qualifiers; a big test for what was essentially still a Scottish Championship side. Leg 1 was tight and cagey; at Tynecastle we somehow held on for a 0-0 draw, which was beyond my wildest dreams and meant a score draw in France would see us through on away goals. We were 6-1 down by half-time in the return leg but stormed back to draw 6-6 and seal a place in the group stages - an historic game for the competition, never mind little old Hearts. We got destroyed in most of our Champions League games but by now we were established as one of the big teams domestically and my players were coming to the attention of bigger clubs abroad. My chairman was accepting offers left, right and centre, most of which I would have laughed off even back in the Championship days, if given the chance. Luckily, the promise of Champions League football was enough to keep my team together for one more year. We won the League again and performed well in the cups.

In July of season 4, I had a little money to spend (still nowhere near enough to build a team capable of staying in Europe after Christmas but enough to add one player who'd tear the league up - if they could be persuaded to come to Scotland. I targeted loans again (if it ain't broke don't fix it) and kept my eyes open for a gem of a player to blow that money on. I had a few players in the pipeline, hoping to line up deals for a few before choosing which of them to sign. However, disaster struck; an offer of £500,000 came in for my captain and the chairman accepted it. I immediately launched a counter-offensive, offering to increase his wages and promising more Champions League football. His agent took against me because I refuse to pay stupid agents' fees, even if I have to break the bank on the players' wages and bonuses to compensate. He turned down the contract and left. I was allocated £50,000 of the fee to spend. The next day, Shakhtar Donetsk offered me their manager's job and - despite having previously turned down offers from bigger clubs to continue the Hearts project - I jumped at it. As revenge I poached my star striker from Hearts for a derisory sum and beat my old employers to a few players that I'd previously had on loan in Scotland. The Edinburgh club had been after some of those players again on my watch but once my new employers entered the race there was no contest.

I won the Ukranian League with Shakhtar and possibly the cup too, also reaching he Champions League knockouts for the first time in this save. We went out in the quarters - I think - and at the end of the season Juventus came calling. I dont know why they came to me but having the chance to lead Pirlo, Pogba, Buffon? I leapt at that too.

I completed the domestic double every year for the next three seasons, losing to Real Madrid in the Champions League final in year one of my time in Turin. I believe I would have won had Pirlo not retired after the semi-final first leg. I lost out to Liverpool in the final in each of the next two seasons.

The save ended there so it wasn't very long or massively successful, relative to my ambitions (after season 3 I was determined to win the Europa League with Hearts but obviously that never came about and I wanted to give Buffon his Champions League medal but he retired after my third season in Turin, which is part of why I stopped playing that save). Nonetheless it is my longest save to date (I prefer mucking about in the editor to playing the main game) and I still remember it fondly. If I hadn't lost the file, I'd probably have gone back to it at some stage.

That’s great. The 6-6 sounds amazing

I am still playing FM15 with Hull City.... I signed Christiano Ronaldo for his last 3 seasons.... he retired at the age of 40, but still was amazing....  anyway I won everything (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, World Club Champs) several times.... now in the year 2027 and still are not bored with   

On 1/30/2018 at 16:11, SWaRFeGa said:

Probably this career. Building a Derby side to conquer the world, whilst keeping it fairly local. Promoting the youth early and letting them play forever :D 1,000 games for my GK a definite highlight.

5a7098f114947_Derby_HistoryBestEleven-3.thumb.png.6ce1283f48cc428ffb43151aa961a927.png

That weekly wage budget is insane

My last save on FM17 was a good one. Only started playing FM since 2015 onwards so...

5 seasons at Den Haag, 6 at Fiorentina and another 5 at Chelsea. 

3 Cups and Europa with Den Haag

2 Serie A and 2 Cups in Fiorentina

4 PL’s and 2 Champions Leagues with Chelsea

Would have gone on but FM18 came out so I stopped! I know it’s hardly that long, 16 seasons. Usually get bored once all the players I know have retired. 

I had a Journeyman Career around five years or so ago that lasted between thirty and forty seasons.  I had over thirty nations and around eighty leagues loaded so it took a while.  I started unemployed, with minimal reputation (qualifications didn't exist in the game back then) and ended up winning multiple league titles and Champions Leagues with a variety of clubs.

My longest most enjoyable saves are these:

Stopsley Utd - The FM Era! (This was on FM10 which was my first FM), The save lasted 50 years, I still have the save but unlikely I will ever play it again.

My most enjoyable and longest journeyman save was this save where I played as Ledley King. (This save was on FMC15).

My favourite and most enjoyable save overall is one that I still have going, that is also on FMC15 and is a 2nd game with Stopsley Utd - The FMC Era!, played 58 seasons so far and won 25 Premier League titles.

I remembered a few years ago (maybe FM13 or FM14) I did a global journeyman save, starting at a club in Hong Kong called Central & Western District in some extended lower league, led them to the top level, moved to Shanghai Shenhua (before the huge money influx but still quite worthy), won the Asian Champions League twice.

I then got bored in Asia and went to Columbia to join Atlético Nacional and made them the strongest force (if not already) in Columbia and won the copa libertadores once. I was either about to stay and further develop the team, or move on to a bigger club in the continent, but the tight schedule in South America kind of put me off at the time, and England came to offer me the national job. It was a strange offer but there was no reason to reject them - I took them after an Euro failure and took them to the next World Cup, where we finished 3rd. National job, on the other hand, lacks the day to day intensity of running a club so I resigned and joined Inter in Serie A. Won a few titles as well as a Champions League there, before Real Madrid called and offer Inter compensation to get me over to Spain. Settled in Spain after one season or consolidating and after a few Champions League win and Club World Cups I reckoned I achieved furthest I could manage and called it a day. Of course a new FM coming out was another issue :lol: Think the year was in late 2030s.

After that I tried to re-do similar saves in later iterations but I couldn't find enough time for me to go too far. Didn't remember what position I ended up on Hall of Fame but should be within top 20 globally.

I have to long careers with FM 2013, 

I'm in 2038 with MU: 

and i'm in 2107 with Barcelona:

I started both of my games as an unemployed manager. My videos are under construction, you can find more videos from the 2107 game on my youtube channel.

On FM16 I took Slavia Praha to back-to-back Europa League wins and became the dominant team in the Czech Rep, spent about ten seasons on that save. Was hard to stop my top players getting poached by the top top European sides.

On this FM I've just spent seven seasons with Cowdenbeath and took the to the Championship and finances meant I struggled to take the team to the Premier League, it was hard to get any decent fees for my Key Players when they were getting snapped up by the top teams and it's hard to keep replacing them. Sadly resigned and moved to Russia.

My current career in FM18 is my longest ever save, I'm nearly in 2035 and its still going strong.

Started unemployed with no reputation, Sunday league footballer background. 

First Job was Llandudno spent 1 year with them finished 3rd

Second job I moved to Belarus to manage Lokomovtiv Gomel in the Belorussian 2nd league, first season I finished 8th, second season got my first bit of silverware by being promoted as champions. Third season finished 10th in the Belarus highest league but had to leave the club because my success had actually doomed the club. There is no money in Belorussian football, so the top league teams make as little money as the lower league teams, when I got Gomel promoted they had to go professional and upgrade the stadium to comply with league regulations, they took on a ton of debt and were doomed financially, also they would not be able to fund me any more coaching courses so I left. 

Third job was in the 2nd in Netherlands for RKC Walwijk, joined mid season they were 5th, finished 7th which gets you into playoffs, flukes my way through the play offs and go promotion. 2nd season with Walwijk I finished 14th just about avoiding relegation. I spent another 3 years at Walwijk finishing 5th, 3rd and 2nd and winning the Dutch National Cup in my last year there. I thought I was bigger than I was at this point and started applying for premier league jobs thinking I'd be given a chance. Got rejected by Sunderland, Everton, West Ham and Southmapton. 

I tried to move BATE back in Belarus, but they couldn't afford the compo for me,got an Interview at PSV only for them to hire someone else. Ended up landing the Ajax job. 

First season with Ajax I won the League, as expected had no Europe to worry about.

Second season won the league again, crashed out of Europe and cup 

Third season I won the league and won the Europa League, my career highlight so far. 

Left Ajax when my contract expired thinking big clubs would want me now, I had won 3 league titles and a European trophy. 

Only clubs interested were Panthinaikos and Anderlecth. 

Moved to Belgium and Signed a 3 year deal with Anderletch, in my 1st season I finished 2nd narrowly missed the title on final day.

second season I finished 2nd again, missing out on the title with a few games left .

third season I won the title and Belgian national cup, left when my contract expired. 

Moved to My Current Club Werder Breman in Bundisliga signed a 3 year deal. 

1st season finished 8th, crashed out of cup to lower league side in a game I went full strength. 

2nd season finished 2nd, miles behind 1st Leverkursen. 

3rd season finished 2nd again, some way off winners Leverkusen. 

Signed a new 4 year deal to stay in Germany longer to try and win a trophy or two

4th and current season I'm 8th after 9 games played

20180205214513_1.jpg

20180205214608_1.jpg

Good stuff here guys!

My most successful career was in FM11. I don't remember the year but it was a few decades deep. Managing something like West Ham. Found out the game starts removing your money when your excess cash turns into billions.

I was playing at the highest standard I could think of, to win ALL 6 trophies every year: the EPL, the 2 national cups, the CL, the world club cup in Dec, and the national super cup. I think I did it 3 times in a row when I finally lost interest (so 18 trophies in 3 years).

However, the world cup has always been elusive for me. Of all the careers I've played, probably a few hundred years worth, I've only won the world cup once. Which shows that a lot of my success comes from club management and being able to scout and raise my own talent. For a while there I even tried scouting sub-18 players for my nation so they would earn citizenship over time, although that's quite a long-term commitment and it did feel like cheating in the world stage.

Best one (and the longest too) I had was some 30 seasons at various clubs in France and Germany on FM2007 (only leagues loaded because my PC was a bit of a wreck at the time). I don`t exactly remember, but I think I started with the Romanian national team and then took over Auxerre, played one League Cup final and took them from relegation to Champions League, then moved to Stuttgart and just two months later I was approached by Hertha BSC (think this was after the 2010 World Cup)...and it`s where the fun started, stayed there for 8 seasons, won 6 Bundesliga titles, 4 domestic cup, 2 or 3 German Supercups (or what it was called back then, I remember it was played before the season and it had like 8 teams taking part) and after losing 3 finals in a row, finally won the Champions League twice. (lost two against Manchester United, don`t remember who I lost to in the 3rd one, but I remember I won the first Champions League trophy against Liverpool). Left for St Etienne then, stayed there for 3 seasons, but I won nothing (did play a UEFA Cup final), and then I returned to Germany to face the monster I created, joining Bayern. Took me 3 or 4 seasons to beat Hertha to the title, also won a couple of Champions League trophies, but I had a poor start to a season and decided it`s best if I leave, buggered off to France again, this time at the team sitting dead last in the league (think it was Niort). Saved them from relegation eventually, but I don`t remember having any other notable results with them.

With the national team I won the 2022 World Cup and 2024 Euro, left for Turkey and won the 2026 World Cup (had a brilliant team) and reached the Euro 2028 final (lost to Germany I think), and then I was approached by an underachieving England team who were preparing to host the 2030 World Cup. I won it in the end, I think it was in the QFs that I nearly lost to one of the South American teams, but I actually won on penalties and went through. Got bored at Niort and returned to Bayern (who had become a mid-table team) and turned them into the dominant force yet again, and then got a new PC and switched to FM2010. 

I`ve had saves on recent FMs going well into 2030s, but weren`t as enjoyable as that one on FM2007.

2014, as Spurs. I took over using the Brazil start date, with them down in 12th and Arsenal top. Three games left and I was 3rd and 3 behind with a game in hand. Arsenal lost their second to last game vs Stoke, and I won all three, resulting in:

Spoiler

bZqsTY6.png?1

I didn't continue the save much after that, but it remains my favourite.

10 minutes ago, NavyWolf87 said:

Think it was CM2 where I technically completed the game, the game only let you manage for 100 years I think the limit was. Once there I got a screen at the end of the season showing me my manager record and the trophies I'd won, it also said something along the lines of congratulations you've completed CM2, why not try our next release in the series. Something along those lines then went through the credits of the makers. 

And was it your only save on that game?

I think the limit on the CM2-era games was 30 seasons. This is how it ends.

I'm actually close to completing my 30th season in an FM13 save - by far my longest in any version of CM or FM.

I started out with my hometown club Romford in the Isthmian League Division 1 North (the 8th tier of English football), and took them up to the Conference South, where I got stuck and resigned after 10 years. I then tried a new challenge with Elgoibar in the Spanish Segunda División B. I lost my first five league games in a row and then resigned, partly because the team was rubbish, and partly because another interesting job had come up.

In October 2022, shortly after leaving Elgoibar, I took over a Dagenham & Redbridge team that had just been relegated to the Conference Premier. You can read about my exploits with the Daggers here if you like FM fan-fiction. If not, there's a quick synopsis hidden in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Dagenham & Redbridge lost in the Play-Off Final in the first season, but won the Conference and the FA Trophy the following year. We then gradually climbed through the leagues before eventually making it to the Premier League in 2034.

I'm now in my eighth season in the top flight and have set myself the objective of winning every major trophy with the Daggers (PL, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, Club World Cup) before I leave. I can't yet reveal exactly how far along I am to completing that set, because I've still got a few years' worth of story to post, and I don't want to spoil the surprise for any of my readers. ;)

4 minutes ago, NavyWolf87 said:

Nah man you're mistaken, that YouTube video relates to the 16mb version of the game, I was using the 8mb version so I was able to extend the timeframe, look it up fella.

I've done a Google search and found nothing. Show me the proof, or I don't believe it.

If that's how you're going to react to a simple request, then I won't bother asking you again in future, right?

I am not a massive fan of the CM2 series; they were before my time (I'm 27, for what it's worth) and CM97/98 didn't keep me hooked for more than a few seasons when I played it some time ago.

I do not know anything about these exploits, and I cannot believe that they exist without actually seeing them. How can the 16MB version be restricted to 30 seasons, while the 8MB can be configured to go on for 100? Wouldn't there have been memory limits preventing this from happening?

My current save - I'm in to season 2038/39 on FM17. Took Blyth Spartans all the way to the PL, then took the Newcastle job. Had 4 seasons there, which included a PL runners up and FA Cup runners up. Fortunes then took a downturn and I was sacked after finishing mid-table. Took the Middlesbrough job and have established them in the PL, with a couple of runs in the UEFA Cup and CL, The first major trophy on this save still eludes me, however!

I've only started doing teams in League 1 or 2 in the last few years, think I got to 2026 or so with Sheffield United and had them in the Champions League and won the Europa League. Outside of that, I had a long one with Preston a couple of years ago where i got to about 2024, this year I am with Blackburn and currently in 2021 (mid table Prem). Also had one with Regina where I got from Serie D to mid table Serie A.

Archived