Your thoughts on the social feed

Obviously the thing is very repetitive, but I still like to take a peak when I'm looking for an overview of how the fans are feeling about what's happening. So overall I feel it is good to have it, but it needs more attention and there should be 5X as many comments to add variety.

Also, I feel like the haters are over represented. See pic: from bottom of the second div to the top of the Serie A in 4 years flat, on course to win the Serie A again the following year.

5a6913815d488_coachsocial.thumb.jpg.452c637ae4e4a044ea8bf803b553458b.jpg

Absolutely love the social feed, it's a great addition. #feature #socialfeed

Not sure what to think about this social feed just yet. #feature #socialfeed

Not seen a worse addition to Football Manager since the social feed. #feature #socialfeed

2 hours ago, Nuno Dias said:

WOW, been playing this game since FOREVER now and had no idea you could switch it off, ahahahahahahah, thanks for that one :brock:

WHAT?  HOW????

Oh, you mean just pick "news" although it's still under the 'Social Feed' menu? I actually never noticed that  :idiot:

I have found it less irritating than in 2017 but still a pointless distraction.

16 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

it's ok but it highlights some odd stuff and shows some odd comments. 

As shown above, there is basically a pro, indffierent and anti, comment on everything. 

This.

Would actually be quite interesting to hear (not that we will) what SI's future plans for the feature are.  At the moment it seems like one of those "prototype" style features that they bring in early and then develop up to a decent standard.  If this is how they envisioned it as a finished feature, then that's a bit odd for me.  The one top, one middle, one bottom nature of every single comment might be a good metaphor for social media as a whole (although they're missing the casual racism/sexism/all the isms) but it doesn't really tell you anything.  It could be developed to give a good window into how you're thought of as manager, but I've never seen it as being able to do that when all the comments balance each other out.  Do the players hate me?  Clearly not, as Wee Tam says I'm great.  So why is Big Jock saying I'm dreadful?  What does it mean?

I imagine it will get development in future, but at the moment it's just something that happens that I don't really care about, much like a lot of FM.  Easily ignored though, so no real problems.

Not playing FM 18 as yet, (haven't seen a good reason too yet!), but what is really annoying is that in previous editions, if I subscribed  to a team, person etc. news would come straight into my Inbox. Now in FM17 I have to scroll through countless messages to find items I'm interested in. Can't see that is a step forward :herman:

13 minutes ago, forameuss said:

This.

Would actually be quite interesting to hear (not that we will) what SI's future plans for the feature are.  At the moment it seems like one of those "prototype" style features that they bring in early and then develop up to a decent standard.  If this is how they envisioned it as a finished feature, then that's a bit odd for me.  The one top, one middle, one bottom nature of every single comment might be a good metaphor for social media as a whole (although they're missing the casual racism/sexism/all the isms) but it doesn't really tell you anything.  It could be developed to give a good window into how you're thought of as manager, but I've never seen it as being able to do that when all the comments balance each other out.  Do the players hate me?  Clearly not, as Wee Tam says I'm great.  So why is Big Jock saying I'm dreadful?  What does it mean?

I imagine it will get development in future, but at the moment it's just something that happens that I don't really care about, much like a lot of FM.  Easily ignored though, so no real problems.

Yeh would be good to get some actual fan feedback.

Has anyone ever looked whether it ties up with the fan confidence? 

4 hours ago, tajj7 said:

As shown above, there is basically a pro, indffierent and anti, comment on everything. 

Most of the time. I noticed that for situations when the audience has a stronger opinion, you could have 3 opinions on the same sentiment side. And I do look at that and find it useful to make decisions. It is also useful to get mentions on some things that may happen without notice otherwise.

For instance see pic - player I'm targeting is an iffy choice, older player with less to offer but I want him for his mentals and personality to help develop youth. My coaches don't want him and I'm worried how the players will react. The fans seem to be on board, no negative comment.

transfer.jpg

On 1/25/2018 at 16:51, Sam Smith2 said:

How do you switch it off please ?

Playing FM 2017 Touch.

Thanks.

Yes, how do you turn it off. It is a waste of time and I never read any of them.

Thanks

I find it quite tiresome. I mean your new winger signs scores a hat trick debut and it still shows a comment bemoaning his performance. Plus I don’t think in real life many managers would pay that much attention to random social media posts. 

Totally superficial, repetitive and generally redundant feature. Could become a bit more relevant if SI implement the 'media centre" idea proposed in the new features forum. 

It would also be more tolerable if it were more finely tuned. Had fans saying they were throwing away their season ticket because my 33 year old reserve player with 1 apperance to his name was released. These kind of reactions are all too common and render it even more pointless.

I turn it off as follows:
1) Preferences -- > More Interface Settings --> Screen Flow --> untick the "Visit News Screen Automatically":
2) Inbox --> Social Feed --> bottom right "Manage"  --> unfollow all feeds (in all subcategories)

I think the first step is mandatory and the second step is optional.

I like the idea of it if I could use it to understand general fan sentiment on events but I just use the confidence tab for that. Enjoy media transfer speculation but I'm not sure if that's social feed restricted?

It'd be nice if the same "social dweeb" didn't say a player is crap and should be sold when another club is interested but next day says the same player signing a new contract is great news.  I'd like to see more of the "they should sign" and "they should drop" and more rival misfortune highlights type of social posts and less of the 1 good, 1 bad & 1 indifferent reactions to virtually everything.

On 1/29/2018 at 09:49, YasoKuul said:

I turn it off as follows:
1) Preferences -- > More Interface Settings --> Screen Flow --> untick the "Visit News Screen Automatically":
2) Inbox --> Social Feed --> bottom right "Manage"  --> unfollow all feeds (in all subcategories)

I think the first step is mandatory and the second step is optional.

Thanks for that. Helpful advice.

As long as it does not impact on processing and game speed  just a bit of extra fluff - can be quite amusing, as in RL. There are always people who will say the opposite of another and that is reflected well.

Indeed it's very repetitive. I keep it as I may see something for an interesting player, or a new job opening.

It seems the 3 tweets always reproduce one positive, one less positive, and one negative opinion. Sometimes, e.g. in a big rivalry win, we should have all tweets praising the squad and the manager.

I've completely ignored it, pretty much since the first day it was introduced.

Another rather pointless feature that could have been executed in a different way (say, more "fans polls" about incoming/outgoing transfers, squad status changes, performances etc). As it is now, it's just fluff that clogs an already bloated and confusing interface.

Good to know it can be disabled, but FWIW it'd be gone tomorrow.

On 31/01/2018 at 13:03, Kazza said:

As long as it does not impact on processing and game speed  just a bit of extra fluff - can be quite amusing, as in RL. There are always people who will say the opposite of another and that is reflected well.

There is no way it doesn’t impact game speed & no, it is not an accurate reflection of social media as it tries to simulate a huge ecosystem on a micro level which doomed it to failing from the outset.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived