Tenerife Triple Threat - Taking Three Teams To The Top

MarcxD

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May-June 2018

First Team

a7iU8u1.png

Close games the lot of them, but we managed to do well enough for ourselves!

Y5R97Hm.pngy8FxL80.pngMSMAPK6.png

Champions! La Liga will be extremely tough, but whatever happens next season this is great for the club.

Tenerife B

oEw3eFy.pngWyVLoQw.png

Oh... getting from the Tercera to the Segunda B is really tough, needing to win multiple play-off matches against teams that dominate in their own Tercera league. And to not make it on away goals... :(

At least we will be playing on a higher level than Las Palmas C next season since they got relegated because the B team got relegated from the segunda b.

Tenerife C

cP1JG1h.png3KvBf1O.png

Just the one game, and the 100% record.

a09p1ux.pnge8Mjs5Z.png

Let's see if the team gets put in a Canary Islands league in the 6th tier.

17 minutes ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Glad the DB worked in the end, shame you couldn't get the hat rick of promotions but the 1st team is the important one for now so you can start attracting better talent to put in the B and C squads which will make their promotions easier :) 

That was a relief! Thank you, for now I am looking to really renovate the b & c squads, letting go quite a few players and replacing them with players from the intake and foreigners. The promotion is important for reputation yeah but mostly for financial reasons, the tv money in la liga is immense compared to the segunda division

Season Review 2017-2018

First Team

ry7Vv8n.png

A very strong season, where we were mostly among the top 2 and managed to grab the title in the end. Poor in the cup and we had some poor moments throughout the season, La Liga will be a big step up.

T42u799.png

In general went for a rotational approach, and most performed admirably.

FwBDHYg.png

The squad is old, but are all still under contract for at least one more season. I'm going to look for some first team improvements, but not a lot - if they are even available from the minnow nations I will be looking through.

Tenerife B

DOx97in.png

High marks in general, but some of the players are too old or are earning way too much money for me to keep them around.

IKomXDy.png

Faridi did very well, cool to see from the Tanzanian. He's also now an Tenerife B icon! (yes they have their own legends and icons etc)

Tenerife C

HLxWdnZ.png

Same here as with the B team, Denzell has done incredibly of course but in reality he's pretty terrible, a lot of new faces next year in the sixth tier, where we'll be playing in the "Primera Interinsular Tenerife Grupo I" so a local league.

k77ttVm.png

The minutes aren't here since they had to be moved to the first team (the 37 minutes for Denzell were in the first team where I accidentally put him on the bench and my assman used him during IR).

Just to be complete here's the u19s, some of them will be moved to the C team. From the age of 18 I will loan them out, if they aren't good enough for the C team.

LqVetdP.png

Pre-Season 2018

Club Issues

hJpKvZK.png

This is what I'm talking about... this will help the club tremendously, even if we get relegated.

sJS9Gqz.png4pyRSHx.pnge9Whcu6.pnguEkaGe1.png

Some improvements agreed.

Transfers

WrATjl4.png

The first wave of foreign recruits, you could say, there are a lot arranged for 2019 already. Ibraimi and Kichin were signed to add some depth to the first team, they aren't world beaters but you take what you can get. As far as the nationalities are concerned, of course Ghana and Wales or perhaps Ireland aren't very small football nations, but I looked at the various intakes of smaller leagues, like the Welsh one. 

The most impressive youngsters are the two Moyo's from Zimbabwe.

YAxig3F.pngb8FQyKC.png

Both go straight into the B team and it shouldn't take them long to get into the first team squad if they develop.

First Team

3wLHK06.png

Expected to avoid relegation, that will be very tough. Bigger budgets but I have not been able to really use it.

8b0KvAN.png

Z9OEzj4.png

Predicted to finish last / favourites to get relegated, and I would be very surprised if we stay up, we didn't particularly dominate in the Segunda. 

8sjAsDj.png

Another busy pre-season with a total of 5 pre-season cups this time around. It wasn't a very hopeful peformance here, we lost all matches to La Liga teams (and at a similar level, Lazio). 

Tenerife B

RpO2LVO.png

Expected to win the division, and I really hope we can do so. Nobody got promoted from the division last year, so we'll be facing Marino and Mensajero again, and the Las Palmas B team. 

9X9F3pb.png

Only played three friendlies, but they went alright.

Tenerife C

Fz3s8lI.png

Expected to win the 6th tier at the first time and I would be shocked if we didn't, even though there's almost a completely new C team squad, with players from the youth intake and new recruits.

NUo5GTG.png

Did well enough in the friendlies, with a bunch of goals from Espinar, a youth player.

2 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

So apparently your C team plays in Andalucía now. At least it's closer to home than Catalunia.

No, we play in the primera interinsular tenerife, or do I not understand what you're saying?

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Those Zimbabweans look the business.

Very happy with them, Zimbabwe was one of the first nations with a youth intake so when I took them on trial and I saw how good they were... and how cheap... couldn't have hoped for better really.

3 minutes ago, Slipky said:

Nice progress! Those Zimbabwe folks seem solid.

Cheers

August & September 2018

First Team

3mIp1xi.png

Bad start, and things did not seem to be looking up when one of the new players got injured on the international break...

SOez8VW.png

F***ing Andorrans.

But surprisingly managed to win two matches at the end of September, and also did better in the cup last year and into the third round.

XkZcjGq.png

Not in the bottom 3. You wonder why Barca are in 13th but then you see for some reason they've only played 3 matches so far.

Tenerife B

6XHpn5U.png

Very strong start and managed to beat last year's title rivals already, Mensajero and Marino Tenerife.

0TFvrmI.png

Las Palmas B also had a perfect start and on a better goal difference.

Tenerife C

5Y1SkDt.png

Also a 100% perfect score. 

4Nfgb0I.png

Already a 5 points lead, it's definitely looking like another walk over season.

Great progress in your first season, on all three fronts. Definitely happy to see you sign Agim Ibraimi, as he was a former star for Maribor, so I know you're in safe hands.

So I've thought of something related to the whole B team/C team thing. What would happen if your B and C teams were within a division of each other, then the B team finish in a relegation position and the C team in a promotion position? Would they both get relegated or would the C team become the B team and vice versa? The whole reserve team dynamic is very interesting to me, it brings up a whole host of strange permutations!

11 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Great progress in your first season, on all three fronts. Definitely happy to see you sign Agim Ibraimi, as he was a former star for Maribor, so I know you're in safe hands.

So I've thought of something related to the whole B team/C team thing. What would happen if your B and C teams were within a division of each other, then the B team finish in a relegation position and the C team in a promotion position? Would they both get relegated or would the C team become the B team and vice versa? The whole reserve team dynamic is very interesting to me, it brings up a whole host of strange permutations!

Thank you! Ibraimi was the best player I could get within the limitations I set myself excluding the players that cost many millions. Annoying that he got injured almost right away though.

If the B team gets relegated the C team has to get relegated too, they can't switch around I'm afraid! But that would be interesting. I think both Atletico and Real Madrid ended their C teams after the B teams got relegated to the tercera division, so their C teams had to play in the 5th tier, they didn't see the point in that I guess.

October 2018

At first I got another club improvement approved.

dNXtLng.png

A little bit too late for this season but on we go. 

First Team

eUeCWSa.png

Fantastic month, bizarre really. 7 points in the league, beating Valencia 3-0 was not something I expected at all

HqN5glJ.png

In 7th! We'll surely drop off soon but this is crazy. Our rivals Las Palmas not doing badly either though... the rise of the Canary Islands.

Tenerife B

ltOix5y.png

Still going strong, 4 convincing wins.

iY0ewZm.png

In first now, since Las Palmas B dropped points for the first time. They do still have more goals than we do though. 

Tenerife C

JuFOBB4.png

Four more wins here as well, not quite as huge wins as last season but still always a few goals.

iW9PNXk.png

Another easy season for the C team. Xavier X, the c team manager, has only won matches in his career so far, after 43 matches not counting friendlies.

November 2018

First, the terms of brexit in this save were announced. Not very important for this save, but interesting nonetheless..

4heGQW1.png

Kind of easy going.

First Team

vD75t0b.png

Only the three games because of international break, but another stunning month. A loss, yeah, but an away game against Athletic and our very first derby win against Las Palmas!! And to win 3-0 as well.

ZfFijYS.png

In the european spots now :idiot:

Tenerife B

FifBioh.png

Also only 3 games for the B team, all wins although the win against Lanzarote seems to have been the hardest yet.

OTVtSpk.png

Just like year though, there's just no letting up with multiple teams waiting for us to screw up.

Tenerife C

5dgxbuD.png

4 good wins.

8P8a2GR.png

14 points lead already! And almost halfway, only a 30 game season this year.

December 2018

First Team

tBlT28i.png

Busy month, and it didn't start off amazingly... but the losses weren't huge, and we can simply lose to a club like Espanyol at this level. The loss against Atletico was obvious. But another really good month followed in the end, with us going through to the 5th round of the Cup (facing Betis, so not impossible to go even further).

IXG1iWs.png

Still in fifth, the top 4 are miles away though, Las Palmas doing incredibly well among them. A lot of teams are closely behind us, pretty exciting league really looking like it, the two Madrid teams fighting for the title and a ton of teams fighting for European football.

NK1Qum2.png

Two offers came in, obviously rejected them. These two teams are doing remarkably bad.

Tenerife B

1OfaXNd.png

Fantastic stuff, beating Las Palmas B so still perfect.

BZtb5m6.png

a lead of 5 points now, but certainly not sure we're going to win the title. 3 goals conceded in 16 matches, wonderful.

Tenerife C

mIzdU46.png

Only the 3 league matches this month, and two of the wins weren't as big as we are used to from the C team.

EZlUNON.png

Only 14 games left in the season, to be played over 5 months... 

14 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Really I couldn't manage 3 teams in one save,congrats for doing it mate...:applause:

You need a bit of patience but it also adds a lot, to me anyway. I am now sometimes holidaying between matches for the B & C managers to speed things up a bit though.

14 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Wow I never knew FM was that subjective by calling the job interviews 'sad'

A bit harsh.. :lol:

January 2019

This month took a long time to get through! First let's take a look at the transfer business.

There were no outgoings, even though I probably should've loaned out a few players in the C team since there aren't a lot of matches left.

SjZtB9Z.png

These were the incoming players. Gómez, Uryntaev and Mendy were first team signings, the rest for the C team for now. There are a LOT of players coming in the summer window of 2019 so I will definitely need to loan out a bunch then.

First Team

GLzMiLA.png

Not the best month, but the fixtures were hard. Both league games against Barcelona were scheduled this month, for some reason, and we lost both. Which is to be expected really. Also couldn't beat Sevilla and most disappointing was losing both cup games against Betis. Winning the other two games, away as well was quite pleasing though.

UoOOTlq.png

Still in the European spots but oh my things can really change soon with so many teams close.

Tenerife B

HcEtvpz.png

Dropped points for the first time this season, against title rivals Mensajero.

1c3osOM.png

They are 8 points behind though, Las Palmas B 6. 

Talking about Las Palmas B...

PvaNfgX.png

They signed just the 14 players. All free, they raided the Spanish lower leagues. 

Tenerife C

RCkrcVH.png

Four more very convincing wins.

lBDZSPL.png

19 points lead, 10 matches to go.

February 2019

First Team

r4Ta5fV.png

Very happy with this month, 5 goals from new striker Mendy.

ZBWSi2K.png

Very good 5th place now. I'm taking the possibility of making European football more and more seriously...

Tenerife B

7F7SNdl.png

Another fantastic month for the B team, beating last year's champions Marino.

GiFgi3Q.png

Still the 6 points lead on Las Palmas B who also won all their matches.

Tenerife C

8gcVxrq.png

4 more wins, annoying to concede in all matches though.

jxCy5PL.pngzqjhJx6.png

Second consecutive year champions and promotion, and also for the second time in february!

Youth Intake 2019

zWGObOG.png

Better, with at least 3 players that look like something and not giving up on the rest of them.

cBQRUae.png

Some good mentals, and quick. That's really it for now, but the PA seems hopeful. 

mn8FTZx.png

Some very eye-catching attributes like his determination and finishing, but also poor jumping reach, technique and mediocre composure. Still though, the most exciting player from this intake.

jLdbsRI.png

Not a good personality, but I do quite like him.

March 2019

First Team

k16ydts.png

Fantastic start of the month with a 5-0 win over Eibar, but disappointed to lose to Betis once again.

i5xhUee.png

With 8 more matches to play, a 6 points lead on 7th place. 

0tThZQm.pngDNAXp9C.png

Two more job offers this month as well.

Tenerife B

PN5tZLx.png

Fantastic stuff, with two 8 goal performances in a row. Also note that these were the first two matches Isaac Mir played, and managed to score 5 in 20 minutes in his second ever match.

05UIICe.png

Still the 6 games to go, will play Las Palmas B soon, if we win that the title should be very much secure. Scored more than 100 goals now.

Tenerife C

LeqvRaH.png

Good, good, good.

YQYw4Z8.png

Also crossed the 100 goals mark with the C team.

April 2019

First Team

SH5rXjX.png

Got absolutely smashed by our rivals Las Palmas, shocking, and then we go on to beat Atlético away.... to only continue to drop points against last placed Leganés.

hMEKm3J.png

Down to sixth now, with a gap of 4 points to seventh with 4 more games to play.

Tenerife B

JS73AEl.png

Another fantastic month with the B team, including the win over Las Palmas B - no goals conceded.

7CtcwMt.pngtDWUnOu.png

And there it is! We will still have to go through play-offs to get promoted, and hopefully we can do so this year.

Tenerife C

wcUqVYB.png

Only two games, but did win both 8-0....

HFk6g7d.png

One more match in May.

May-June 2019

The database and game took its time simulating these last moments of the season, what with the hundreds of play-off matches across all those leagues... but here we are.

First Team

Ew2Ulph.png

A really poor end to the season...

4VQEy25.png

Since Barca won the cup though, the 7th placed club also qualified for the EL and that's us, only just!

Still though, EL in the first season in La Liga was nothing I would've thought was possible.

wFMN8Oh.png

Didn't win manager of the year, that went to Las Palmas' manager. Fair enough really, with their 4th place.

Tenerife B

8iMEwIv.png

Two good wins and then followed the play-offs. Another B side stood in our way, and after the draw away I thought we should be able to win it... and then to win 8-0!!! WOW!

OVCnd9E.png

Third tier next year, great stuff! 

0P5Cc8P.png

The full league table here. 

Tenerife C

nRxGnDJ.png

Only the one match remaining, another decent win.

O1zTfmA.png

Up to the 5th tier.

Season Review 2018-2019

note that I took the squad screenshots after the 1st of July, so all players that had contracts ending are not there....

First Team

QOa98NZ.png

A fantastic first season in the top flight of Spanish football, and managed to qualify for the Europa League. Didn't do badly in the cup either.

IUrtrir.png

Pretty pleased with all the performances..

6BGLSgL.png

The all-time best eleven.

GXgxgW1.png

The main issue is the extreme age of the squad, luckily there are some good youngsters in the B team and beyond!

Tenerife B

hZGbSGI.png

Fantastic performances all around really, with a highlight for new youth striker Isaac Mir, who managed to score an almost unbelievable 18 goals in his 11 first ever appearances.

GYssus1.png

B-team all-time best eleven. 

DBxL3Tl.png

What's left of the B-team squad... A few very interesting players, mostly the 3 Zimbabweans and Mir.

Tenerife C

For some reason there was no best eleven for the C team this season! But here's the squad:

3nf4a6o.png

With actual working minutes stats, even though the same 10 match max issue was the case this season.... Not all new recruits are big successes so far, but since they were all super cheap and young I shall give them time.

U19s

RtWZWpt.png

And here are the lads who aren't good enough for the C team yet, and quite a few of them will likely never be.

3 hours ago, andychar said:

Great season all around. Shame both the B and C team will be forever stuck in the 2nd division.

Thank you. I actually don't mind that, since in that way I can give young players chances and players that are too good for that level can always be loaned out

On 23/01/2018 at 17:01, MarcxD said:

Introduction

1200px-CD_Tenerife_logo.svg.png

Welcome to my second FM18 thread. Forgive me for my love of alliteration. This will be a wordy introduction but I'll be getting to my usual style with screenshots soon.

I’ll be returning to what I like to do best here: a single club career, with a focus on youth development, and in Spain, which is my favourite place to manage in Football Manager. It will be (at least slightly) different than before, though.

While the inclusion of B- and even C-teams in the main league pyramid is not for everyone, I for one am a big fan of it. That is why for this save I will not only be taking over the first team of a club, but also the B and C team, with different managers. Since, if you did not know already, in Spain the B and C teams are represented faithfully in game as separate clubs. Most of the time these B and C clubs are former independent clubs taken over by a bigger club in the neighbourhood to be used as a feeder team. There are also remarkable stories with this, like in Malaga. The main club was bankrupt, so the former B team became the main club – and still is to this day.

If I do this with three managers I have total control over the three teams and its players, and can really follow their development up close. Of course you do have to play a lot more matches per season (praise the IR button!) and there can be a few issues in FM since I don’t think this is exactly what they had in mind. At least in FM17, where I tried a save like this out for a few seasons, the contracts of the B and C team managers couldn’t be renewed even though the board offered new contracts. The only way to circumvent that issue was the use of the IGE. I don’t know yet if this is fixed for FM18, we will see I guess.

To be able to do this at all you need more Spanish leagues than are in the vanilla version. The highest C clubs play in the Tercera Division, the fourth tier of Spanish football. There are five of these: Villarreal, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao and Las Palmas. (in previous times Real Madrid, Atletico and Barcelona all have had C teams but have since given up on them for a variety of reasons. Messi played his first league matches for the C team for instance). But I’ve decided to go for a different route. When you go further down the Spanish pyramid, you’ll keep on noticing a ton of B teams, but also a few C teams here and there. Some amateur teams even have D teams in the real life pyramid, but I did not found those in the database I have downloaded (from fmsite.net if you are interested).

That database goes to down to the Cuarta regional, the 9th and lowest tier of Spanish football. There are relatively few tiers but the Spanish league system has a remarkable amount of regional sub leagues on each level (4 on the third tier, 18 on the fourth tier and much, much more on lower tiers). The lowest possible I could’ve gone was for a semi-pro club, C.F. Trapagaran, whose main team play in the 6th tier, the B team in the 8th and the C team in the 9th. Perhaps that would’ve been an awesome challenge, but a little bit too daunting (I also do not particularly like semi-professional management) – added to the fact that going this far down you have thousands of clubs and hundreds of leagues, and it just was a bit too slow, even on a pretty good computer.

So I’ve gone for one that I find interesting – a decently big professional club, Tenerife. Their main team plays in the Segunda Division, and they are (obviously) based on the Island of Tenerife. Their rivals are Las Palmas, the other big Canary Islands team, who have done incredibly well over the past few seasons and built themselves up, higher than Tenerife. Tenerife’s B team plays in the Tercera division, and their C team plays in the Segunda Regional, the 7th tier. In the database I’ve downloaded that team plays in a Catalan league, which seems very incorrect but that doesn’t matter too much for me, they should be moving on soon any way.

To create a bit of a narrative I’ve decided that the three managers will be three brothers. With Andorran-Dutch nationalities, obviously. The elder brother, a certain Marc X, you might be familiar with already. Let me introduce you to his siblings: Benito X, a younger brother and manager of the B team and Xavier X, the manager of the C-team.

All the three managers will stick at their clubs for the duration of this save, is the plan.

Don’t expect crazy narrative stuff from me like some of the legends on this board, but it’s just a little bit of a fun added thing in the thread.

Strategy, Limitations, Style of Play

Now onto the way I am actually planning to do this save and post here. It will not be 100% youth only, although all youth prospects will be signed every year and a lot of them will be given chances in the C and/or B teams. As for players I am signing, I have decided to take a little bit of a different route.

I will allow myself to buy players, but only from nations that I consider unlikely to have great players – the weaker nations internationally. These can be nations like Andorra, San Marino etc from Europe, or Bolivia, Mozambique, Cambodia, etc. To make sure that a lot of these nations actually have players (and newgens) I have loaded a lot of these nations’ players in the custom database settings. I have not loaded their leagues but the domestic Claassen updates are loaded so that the clubs and leagues should be somewhat realistic for these smaller nations.

If you’re wondering how this goes with foreign rules, I have the answer for you 😊 In Spain at first glance the rules seem really strict, with only 2 non-eu players allowed in the Segunda Division and 3 in La Liga, but then you need to look closer. All Conotou nations are not considered non-eu. Which means that a ton of Caribbean, African and Pacific nations do not count (pretty much all African nations outside of North Africa, pretty much the whole of Oceania outside of New Zealand). Usually this would not matter much, but since these are the places in the world I am specifically looking to sign players from, this will be interesting. Asian players and certain north American nations will be tougher to deal with, since it will take a whopping 10 years for non-EU/South America foreigners to get Spanish nationality. As a Dutchman I am particularly interested to see if there can be any good players coming from places like Aruba, Curaçao or Bonaire. The chances are very slim but you never know. Usually I would skip even looking at places like the minnow countries, but it should be interesting to see if some of them can become decent players or more.

At some point, with young players coming in this way, and through the youth intakes, there will simply be too many players for the three teams. If that is the case I will start loaning players out. Since I will always keep around at least 5 tiers in Spain (perhaps only removing the 6th and 7th if the C team goes up the ranks, depending on game speed) I can look for teams on a variety of levels to give them playing time in league football as well. It of course can also be the case that a player is just too good for the C team but not good enough yet for the B team, or the same for players between the B team and the first team, I will loan them out as well. I will have some foreign leagues on view-only, like the Dutch, Portuguese and the PL. The only foreign leagues I will add playable are the Andorran leagues.

As far as the tactics are concerned, I will mostly be using a similar style of play as I did in my previous save, a kind of direct 4-2-3-1 but for the B & C teams a little bit more simplistic so that the defenders don’t need to be ball playing defenders right away etc.

Anyway, as should be clear by now I’ve wanted to do this for a while and have thought about how I would go about it, so I’m excited to finally give this a full go.

In my next post I will be getting into the players, the squads and what will need to happen in the first transfer window.

This Ismail gonna be lutlit 

Pre-Season 2019

Club Issues

BYUGKvo.png1jCPYWv.png

95ZEXlz.png

Some more improvements and maxing out the current stadium.

Transfers

YIicSrQ.png

Another wave of youngsters coming in, and the biggest buy so far, 2.7M.

om8wY8P.png

He's the best striker by far, just poor determination. But putting limits on yourself like I did for this save means you have to make do with certain limitations in your players as well.

2bnmtKF.png

This is the best new youth player of the lot, going into the B team for now but will likely make it to the first team next season. 

First Team

BODhGxK.png

Expected to get mid-table this season, which is fair enough.

fcFB5Cg.png

Predicted 17th this season, which isn't great obviously but on the other hand that means we are not expected to get relegated...

iRPJBkA.png

Pre-season was absolutely silly, with only 2 games categorized as a friendly (as agreed to in transfer deals). There are two La Liga games included here, just to show how crazy the schedule was. We won two of the pre-season cups and won both EL qualifying rounds, comfortably at that, so at least we have made it to the groups. Disappointing to once again lose to Las Palmas in the Copa de Canarias.

jswI0DL.png

The last team is Austria Wien. We have been drawn in to an interesting group, although it definitely could've been easier... with the club I support IRL, Ajax, together with Red Bull Salzburg and Viktoria Plzen. No idea what to expect or what will be possible really.

Tenerife B

9bXX3sZ.png

Expected to finish 4th in our first season in the Segunda B, our league is expected to be won by Real Madrid B. Marino Tenerife also got promoted but they'll have a hard time of things probably. I would like to get to the play-offs.

KtGHfdT.png

A very calm pre-season in contrast with the first team, all good wins but these were all tercera level opponents I think.

Tenerife C

U60VqrH.png

Once again predicted to win the title, so let's see if we can get a third consecutive title win and promotion. This year we'll be playing in the Preferente Interinsular de Tenerife, tier 5, and we can get promoted to the Tercera Division.

EEH7Pp1.png

An interesting pre-season with very convincing wins, finishing it up with a loss against Las Palmas B. I would've been very surprised if we managed to beat them but we didn't do poorly.

On 2-2-2018 at 23:30, theonets said:

Found this one from the last one. 

Amazing really, two consecutive promotions, B team up to the third tier, and the first team getting to Europe in the first season after getting promoted. Awesome

On 2-2-2018 at 23:50, Dexter_Morgan said:

Excellent first season in La Liga and having both the B and C sides promoted is really massive for you too 

Thanks guys!

September 2019

First Team

Pf77MDD.png

Included the first league games also shown in the last post, to show the full start of the season. It was disappointing to lose to Villarreal and while losing to Real Madrid and Barcelona is what you expect, 7-2 is not really the scoreline I was hoping for..... elsewhere good results though, including a win in the EL group in Amsterdam.

qtblpdZ.png

In ninth, but when you take into consideration that we've already played Real Madrid and Barcelona that's pretty good.

Tenerife B

sow0xWQ.png

This shows the promotion has definitely meant a step up, we are no longer dominating all matches, dropped some points and lost to Real Madrid B.

In1sugy.png

In sixth for now, it will be interesting to see if this league can be a more exciting one throughout the season.

Tenerife C

eFTqRP4.png

While it seemed that things were also going to be a bit tougher for the C team at the start, with two 1-0 wins, it did not really turn out that way. Another year of straight promotion coming up?

sdXHzGN.png

Catching up after a while. I dunno whether to congratulate you for coming 7th on your first season in La Liga, or roast you for finishing that far behind Las Palmas. :D The Canary Islands rivalry about to take over Spain and overshadow Real v Barça?

23 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Should just chuck the C team into La Liga. :lol:

Haha, I think the results might stay the same just the other way around!

18 hours ago, noikeee said:

Catching up after a while. I dunno whether to congratulate you for coming 7th on your first season in La Liga, or roast you for finishing that far behind Las Palmas. :D The Canary Islands rivalry about to take over Spain and overshadow Real v Barça?

Thank you, Las Palmas did shockingly well. A lasting Canary Islands rivalry would be the dream yeah!

October 2019

First team

JEnWAwm.png

Great start and finish to the month, not so great in between.

Cdxq8JG.png

Mid-table is our position for now, three points behind the European spots, same as Atletico and 1 behind Las Palmas..

Tenerife B

YsbTWpe.png

Wow, really bad. A good win to the end month but we'll have to improve soon if we want to make the play-offs..

YI7mFgd.png

At least we have most goals scored so far...

Tenerife C

2OWzbQq.png

Four more wins for the C team though, no goals conceded.... still 100% perfect score for the C team this entire save.

Dbz1s41.png

13 minutes ago, theonets said:

Wow, the C team is really, really good.

Shame on the B team results, but that last result looks like they might just be about to gather steam and pick up a few points?

La Liga looks tight, not far off the CL places either

The C team is definitely too good for this level. The B team were the better team in those losses (at least more shots and chances) so they should be able to pick up more points going forward. As far as La Liga you're right, but having a poor month could equally drop us down to where I have to worry about relegation..

Thanks for reading and commenting :thup:

November 2019

First Team

15fHYt0.png

Very strong month, couldn't get the win over Ajax for the perfect month but did already qualify for the knockout rounds in the EL.

jxxxIhe.png

In sixth now, and jumped over Las Palmas.

15ek8rT.png

Manager of the month.

Tenerife B

GkKurtW.png

A better month for the B team with 4 goal scoring performances but did lose to the #1 team in the league.

axMbUOS.png

a game less and the play-offs are in reach again.

Tenerife C

MajZIWp.png

Perfect again.

HQugmqH.png

55-1, not bad :D

The Andorra FA have been impressed with that as well...

j2KwdMD.png

Since the C manager got approached by them. Normally I would like to do that but 3 teams is enough work...

Archived