Sports Interactive Community

Just purchased FM18 and it's performing incredibly slow. Takes around 10mins to load and load screens are extremely bad quality, resolution poor and lagging. Managed to set up my profile (painfully slow) and even when in the home screen it takes a good 15 seconds to load my inbox. I have a AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.7GHz  with 8GB of RAM and am in need of help. Unbearably slow!

Hi @declankeegan2 

Cab you please attach your DxDiag to this thread, details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type? 

Also to clarify, where exactly is it slow and laggy? Throughout the entire game or is it more specific?

Thanks,
Felix

On 24/01/2018 at 16:00, Felix Wilkie said:

It appears that your graphics card driver is not installed/corrupted currently. Could you please run through the information on the link below in regards to updating your drivers.

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r404/

so as per the instructions I must download drivers from original drivers' website instead of manufacturers' websites right? I have AMD gfx driver and I prefer AMD Support to download latest drivers instead of Dell Support because the later one causes too much lags but I download Intel video drivers from Dell support as Intel support also recommend that and you are telling me to update that driver through from Intel support rather than Dell support like the AMD driver? should I try this ?

Hi @Sourav B, we view every tech issue cases to be unique, so we would be grateful if you could create your own thread to explain your problem so we can advise you the best we can. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Hi @Sourav B, we view every tech issue cases to be unique, so we would be grateful if you could create your own thread to explain your problem so we can advise you the best we can. Cheers.

this is my problem too so I didn't want to create another thread regarding it, fm18 lags too much on my laptop, spec is 

win 10 64x

Intel 4th gen 4200u processor

6gb ram

2 gb amd hd8670m gfx

and with even lower setting it lags like clunky movement, incomplete animation very sluggish running etc..

Edited by Sourav B
forgot a word