Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
jens_dewit

International managers stay too long

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I increasingly have the feeling that the hiring/firing of international jobs is buggy. E.g. Belgium manager Martinez (in rela life) is planning to leave after the next WC. In game, however, it's 2030 and he is still there, even though he didn't survive the previous WC's group stage. I'd like to see some small alterations leading to international managers leaving far more often. After 4-8 years at the most for example.

What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always found that after a World Cup, there is a big merry-go-round of international managerial sackings. I've not paid too closely to this as my manager rep is too low to apply for a job but I will keep an eye on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely an issue. Gareth Southgate has been England manager for over 20 years despite failing to qualify for most competitions and overseeing England slip to 97th in the world ranking. When England did qualify for the Euros as hosts he lost 3 out of 4 games, going out in the first knock out round, still kept his job. Then failed to qualify for the following World Cup, still in a job. Must have some compromising photos of Greg Clarke....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had the USA manager Peter Vermes retire, simply because he was old. Not because USA didn't qualify for the WC...

Don't mean to be pushy here, but it would be nice to get the devs' view on this :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a good save from a competition where a national manager does badly and should be sacked, we would like to look into this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 00:42, Alari Naylor said:

If you have a good save from a competition where a national manager does badly and should be sacked, we would like to look into this.

I'll keep my eyes open at the next WC. Though I'd say examples are rife: I've heard the Southgate example more often than I care to count :D The Martinez one as well; their reputations are high enough to stay, but not high enough to be fired for bad results...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 00:42, Alari Naylor said:

If you have a good save from a competition where a national manager does badly and should be sacked, we would like to look into this.

Hi Alari,

I just encountered another example. You can find it in the save attached.

Belgium didn't even make it out of the group stages (how typical), yet Martinez' job is only 'insecure'. Not withstanding he's probably leaving after the WC anyways.

Let me know what you think :) 

belgiumflop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid to ask since I know you guys are all swamped with the update dropping soon, but did you get a chance to look at the save?

Appreciate the work you guys put in anyhow, this is just something that would make the game even better. KIU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having played Serie A for six seasons, the rate of international managers losing their jobs is very, very low.

I see some manager's listed as "v insecure" but don't actually see any sackings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Having played Serie A for six seasons, the rate of international managers losing their jobs is very, very low.

I see some manager's listed as "v insecure" but don't actually see any sackings.

Exactly this. Finally I got hold of the Belgium job, simply because Martinez retired. I tend to overlook bugs because of my love and appreciation of the game, but this is really stretching it :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also feel managers at top rated clubs remain in their positions for too long. After 4 seasons in Serie A, Juventus sacked Allegro but having now played 7 seasons in Serie A, managers at Bayern, Dortmund, City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico have all kept their managers.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - i've found something similar - got to Jan 2028, been keeping a look out for national team jobs for a couple of seasons now. 

Of the major European nations - a lot of them are the current managers so i assume have been in the job since the start of the game.  - (I only have English divisions activated - playing FMM18 on IOS). 

Spain -  Lopetegui

Belgium -  Martinez

Croatia - Dalic

England - Southgate

France - Deschamps

Looks like Italy, Holland and Portugal have changed managers since i started.   Haven't checked everything as not sure where to find a list of the current managers without going through each team. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jupe said:

Yep - i've found something similar - got to Jan 2028, been keeping a look out for national team jobs for a couple of seasons now. 

Of the major European nations - a lot of them are the current managers so i assume have been in the job since the start of the game.  - (I only have English divisions activated - playing FMM18 on IOS). 

Spain -  Lopetegui

Belgium -  Martinez

Croatia - Dalic

England - Southgate

France - Deschamps

Looks like Italy, Holland and Portugal have changed managers since i started.   Haven't checked everything as not sure where to find a list of the current managers without going through each team. 

 

 

This resembles my current save. I'm now playing in the 2028/29 season and managers at Spain, Belgium, Croatia, England and France have all kept their managers.

I think Argentina and Wales have kept theirs too.

There have been some international sackings but they are very rare. Unusual given that managers are keeping their jobs for so long despite poor performances at major tournaments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

This resembles my current save. I'm now playing in the 2028/29 season and managers at Spain, Belgium, Croatia, England and France have all kept their managers.

I think Argentina and Wales have kept theirs too.

There have been some international sackings but they are very rare. Unusual given that managers are keeping their jobs for so long despite poor performances at major tournaments.

Yes i’ve not checked them all.  

in hindsight i don’t think i’ve seen a sacking from international manager, a couple or retirements maybe.. 

just checked and running the latest version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys - will have someone take a look at this on our current development code to see what the situation is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...