Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
wazza

Scouting

I have 2 scouts 1DOF and 1 Chief scout.

My DOF handles my assignments and I have them set to General / Leader etc and have recently just done 2 short term scouting assignments.

I also look at players and set my scouts to scout them for 1 or two months this is what I don't get - Ive read reports on the net where on FM18 the scouts can scout upto 50 players at a time.

Currently 1 scout is scouting 3 players and the 4th player I asked him to scout its down as 'on hold'. My second scout is scouting 2 players and the 3rd player I asked him to scout is 'on hold'

Im guessing that you cannot scout 50 players at once as suggested on other posts - my question is how many players can one scout manage and why is one of my scouts managing to scout more players than the other when they both have the same type of assignments

@wazza

I think a 50 requested player scouting limit was originally brought in for FM18, but this has been refined through the updates to the system outlined below:

Scouts have caps on the number of requested players they can scout at any one time. It means that they don't start scouting another requested player, whom remains on hold until they have finished the assignment for one of the players within the cap.

I understood that the cap ranges from 3-8 players and this depends on a scout's JA & JPA. So the difference you are seeing means that your first scout should have higher judgement attributes than the second. Having said that, I am surprised he can only scout two players as this would be outside the parameters that I had been led to believe existed.

I have started in the lowest league and am scouting like crazy! But what I want to know is: Is there a way to put my player scouting in an order? I don't mean assignments. I mean the individual reports that come in and you say "Keep Scouting". Later one comes in with greater potential and I want to put him top of the list! But I have to wait until it's his turn...?

I don't think you can give a priority setting (if we can, i'd LOVE to know how!).  Since i mainly do LLM, i often am stuck in that situation. If a player is THAT promising and that it is URGENT that i know about him, i will use the right-click and assign, not someone from my scouting team but one of my coaches (often my ass man cause he usually have good rating on player knowledge).

Another thing i do to manage "scouting priorities" is to use the shortlist and follow the turnover in the assignments.  When i know that an assignement is over (or very close to) i then add a new player to scout.  Those fully scouted are put on "for ever on the shorlist" and the rest, according to the "urgency" to know the players, i put the 1, 3, 6 or 12 months setting.  I have weekly recurring note put in my save to check the progress of the scouting assignments.  OFC, it's a bit tedious to do this (for a lot aof people) but for me, being a pretty heavy micromanager when it come to scouting, it's not that bad.

Edited by Rien102

@G J White

Unfortunately not, it's logged as a feature request for future versions. However, you could use Rien102's helpful workaround, especially useful if you have coaching staff with CA and PA as good as or better than your scouts.

il y a 3 minutes, The Enforcer a dit :

workaround

lol! that is a nice way to say convoluted :p:D

Edited by Rien102