Raumdeuter instructions for a WM?

I read a post on here and I cannot find which thread/post it was in. It was about someone playing a WM but using the instructions of a Raumdeuter other than a couple of them. 

I want to try this myself but I cannot find the post to remind me which PI’s aren’t used.

Ring any bells to anyone. Sorry for such a ****post.

I know the post you’re referring to, I can’t remember all of the instructions, but when I set up a WM to act as a RMD, I use: ‘Dribble More, Cut Inside, Roam From Position’. It depends who i’m using in the role, but I don’t usually select ‘cross less often’ as it adds nice variety to their play. A surprising instruction i’ve left out is to sit narrower, the purpose of this is occasionally the player is too narrow and can be picked up easily, i find that wide attackers much more effective when they come from wide positions and then dart into the box. Hope this helps :)

To be honest, any attacking role will move into the channels when the time is right during an attacking move(the space between defenders). I am sure we would have seen IF on either support or attack going between the fullback and DC for a throughball during our games and the same is true for players instructed to stay wide like wingers. So with or without move into channels does not really matter, what matters is whether your overall tactic allows for such attacking moves to happen with enough regularity. I agree with @goqs06 that it is more of a role than a simple position in the AMLR strata.

6 hours ago, Jyuan83 said:

To be honest, any attacking role will move into the channels when the time is right during an attacking move(the space between defenders). I am sure we would have seen IF on either support or attack going between the fullback and DC for a throughball during our games and the same is true for players instructed to stay wide like wingers. So with or without move into channels does not really matter, what matters is whether your overall tactic allows for such attacking moves to happen with enough regularity. I agree with @goqs06 that it is more of a role than a simple position in the AMLR strata.

Examples of the RMD include:

Thomas Muller (duh)

Cristiano Ronaldo (during Mourinho’s tenure)

Mhkitaryan (Dortmund Days)

Raheem sterling is also playing sort of like a raumdeuter for man city at the moment. Not very elegant in his dribbling, often clumsy looking but has a good first touch and often at the right place at the right time to slot in balls, good at picking up rebounds in the penalty area. the difference between guardiola’s version of a raumdeuter and the game’s interpretation of it is sterling is asked to stay wide until the right moment to invade the penalty area so as to stretch the defence and pick the holes. Different takes on the raumdeuter but similar end product nonetheless 

Archived