Sports Interactive Community

I'm aware there is a mechanic for players swapping positions and having personalised roles. however sometimes when I make a sub, the engine will decide to swap the player with another random player. the result of this means I could have a left back playing as a forward and a striker playing as a wingback. 

so I then have to manually swap them, 10mins later they swap back again ! this is crazy ! completely un provoked. 

Thanks @blue 101 for reporting on the forums.

Are you using a downloaded tactic by any chance? As usually some of the downloaded tactics have an instruction for two players to swap?

Do you have that instruction set in your individual player instructions?

Please review your Tactics > Player instructions > Select on the Player and review the "Swap with Position" instruction on the tactics panel to see if this has been set?

If not, are you able to upload a save and/or a PKM to show us this issue?

Cheers,

Nic

3 hours ago, Nic Madden said:

Are you using a downloaded tactic by any chance? As usually some of the downloaded tactics have an instruction for two players to swap?

Please review your Tactics > Player instructions > Select on the Player and review the "Swap with Position" instruction on the tactics panel to see if this has been set?

Cheers,

Nic

hi im not using downladed tactics. I do have position swapping active in my formation, however not for the players in question. how would you like me to proceed and how ?

Edited by blue 101

Hello i believe i have discovered a bug. I submit my team before the match, and then during the match my players change places, always the same players. My left and right midfield switch and my 2 strikers switch place also. Ill add screenshots and a save of the game from before the match, however this has been happening in matches previously also.  It doesn't happen instantly, but over the course of the match, usually before half time, it happens. Also once changed back they will more often than not keep switching back during the match at random times.

The save game name is "Players changing positions"

If you just load it up and start the match, check the tactics screen every 10 min you should see it before the first half is over.

1.thumb.jpg.d79b98ded9f845fcc0cfafbc67c65e9d.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3c83d1eb601bff85878221f769c5fc54.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.9305d9e3ec911359d3783614f7e29790.jpg

Edited by HeliumFreak

On 1/19/2018 at 19:13, blue 101 said:

hi im not using downladed tactics. I do have position swapping active in my formation, however not for the players in question. how would you like me to proceed and how ?

If you are able to attach a save from before one of your matches and we will try to recreate this, this would be very helpful.

Please can you use the link provided above in my initial post, which gives you all the details of how to attach a save game to our FTP.

Does this happen every match?

Cheers,

Nic

Thanks @HeliumFreak for reporting on the forums, the screenshots are very helpful here.

I have merged your thread with this same thread as you both appear to have reported the same potential issue.

I can assure you that this is by instruction and the players that are swapping in your formation are doing so because of your tactic you have set.

Please Select Tactics > Player > Select on Gwion Edwards or any player that is swapping in match. At the bottom of the panel, you will see a drop down for Swap Positions With, which clearly has instructed for Edwards to swap with Maddison in matches when using that particular 4-4-2 tactic you are using.

Please can you also check here as well please: @blue 101 as this maybe also what you are reporting, if not please attach your save for review, just as HeliumFreak did :) 

Cheers,

Nic

Thanks for the quick response, yup that was the problem, using a downloaded tactic. Sorry for the bother, thanks again

16 hours ago, Nic Madden said:

Thanks @HeliumFreak for reporting on the forums, the screenshots are very helpful here.

I have merged your thread with this same thread as you both appear to have reported the same potential issue.

I can assure you that this is by instruction and the players that are swapping in your formation are doing so because of your tactic you have set.

Please Select Tactics > Player > Select on Gwion Edwards or any player that is swapping in match. At the bottom of the panel, you will see a drop down for Swap Positions With, which clearly has instructed for Edwards to swap with Maddison in matches when using that particular 4-4-2 tactic you are using.

Please can you also check here as well please: @blue 101 as this maybe also what you are reporting, if not please attach your save for review, just as HeliumFreak did :) 

Cheers,

Nic

I'm having issues downloading the client/ won't work on my Mac. have taken a few screen shots but I'm having issues replicating the issue 

I have the same problem for past 3 FM editions. But since 18.3.1. update - they don't swap positions at all. It's broken. And now you can't add players to play diferent roles from the primarly role set up in tactic. It worked perfectly well before update.

On 14/03/2018 at 17:35, matacar88 said:

I have the same problem for past 3 FM editions. But since 18.3.1. update - they don't swap positions at all. It's broken. And now you can't add players to play diferent roles from the primarly role set up in tactic. It worked perfectly well before update.

On 22/01/2018 at 10:24, Nic Madden said:

Cheers,

Nic

for me its still happening and its nothing to do with swapping player instruction  its a lb switching with an am ( defenders can't switch positions) incredibly frustrating in big games when this happens. occurs when switching tactics !

On 19/01/2018 at 15:24, Nic Madden said:

Cheers,

Nic

this isn't the problem its a lb swapping position with a am defenders can't swap positions, I use can't use this facility as I'm on Mac ^^^^

On 3/23/2018 at 21:05, blue 101 said:

for me its still happening and its nothing to do with swapping player instruction  its a lb switching with an am ( defenders can't switch positions) incredibly frustrating in big games when this happens. occurs when switching tactics !

Do you have any match plans set? Sounds like that could be causing the issue for you?

On 26/03/2018 at 11:57, Jack Joyce said:

Do you have any match plans set? Sounds like that could be causing the issue for you?

no match plans but I switch between a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1 and a 3-5-2. I would upload the game but the facility you use isn't compatible with my Mac. the below shows that no command prompts are in place for position swap yet deli alli (I know he can be problematic)  decides he wants to play left back, this screen shot is from a game when the players in question swapping with no prompts. I'm in complete control of the game no match plans 

5ac972627cb7a_allinocommandpromptatlb.thumb.png.d13e067719e82509cb819d2811c30a94.png5ac9727332213_hopenocommandprompt.thumb.png.8158b33a0ed98bbff07248956f10ec7e.png

I have more screen shots from the game if of interest. but I swap them back and then they change them selfs round again, below is a screen shot of the team rating showing the players out of pos. 

5ac97383a9070_thewierdness.thumb.png.73db47598ef1bcf6614d2dce5dead88f.png

as a point of reference alli and bornes should be swapping pos, this is a command I have set up. but as  previous illustrated the box is empty(see 2nd image with hope out of pos).

5ac97869c9aa1_correctprompt.thumb.png.6877267fbee6ace54be60edc934318b2.png5ac9788168183_correctprompt2.thumb.png.353e092618d12b0200c7919a5f77a046.png

On 26/03/2018 at 11:57, Jack Joyce said:

wanted to show more info from screen shot but the file size is too big is this sufficient I could try recording on my phone 

On 4/8/2018 at 03:09, blue 101 said:

wanted to show more info from screen shot but the file size is too big is this sufficient I could try recording on my phone 

Could you possibly upload your save game to a file sharing site that works for you for us to have a look at?

On 09/04/2018 at 12:02, Jack Joyce said:

Could you possibly upload your save game to a file sharing site that works for you for us to have a look at?

the system doesn't work for my Mac, however I think I have identified the problem. Ok so, I think the problem is conflicting swap position commands. 

So consider the following I have a striker player (A) 2 attacking midfielders (X & Y) and a sub (W). I want to bring on the sub who plays as an attacking midfielder, in place of the striker who is playing badly. Player X(starting 11 attacking mid) can play as both an attacking mid and striker. So I swap the position of player X with player A, simultaneously bringing on player W to replace A.  So I swap the attacking mid to striker and bring on my sub to play as attacking mid and hit confirm sub. 

The game continues still pending changes, before the sub is bought on the 2 attacking mids swap position (as they are instructed to do). So X swaps with Y, now what I think is happening is the sub command is linked to  the player but  because there are effectively 4 players swapping positions the code get confused. So now the game ends up playing the wrong player in a different position. So in summary player X is swapping positions with player Y as instructed, however I manually swap the position of player X and player A bringing on a sub. The game gets confused as player X has conflicting commands to effectively swap position with 2 different players (and the fact one of these is being bought of as a sub ends up with players out of position)