Sports Interactive Community

Hello there folks.

Hope someone can help me here,trying to start a new game and when it gets to the section where you choose countries etc,none of the nations are appearing on screen,so i am then unable to select.I can press "quick start" but that then only starts the game in small database with one nation loaded.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how i can fix it please.

Are you trying to run any custom graphics/logos/skins or any other add-ons? if so, if you remove them does it make any difference?

Also have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? If not, please do so and let us know how you get on.

Thanks. 

no i am not using any custom graphics at all of any kind.

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled the game there - still the same problem :(

After trying these 3 steps mentioned above still the same im afraid Felix 

Ive enclosed a picture of how far i get then i get no further

.5a60ac85a2bdc_felixsnip.thumb.PNG.08026d4b0a9c992d5a02660c5c2c921e.PNG

Just now, Felix Wilkie said:

Does the same issue still occur if you switch to full screen mode?

yes

And you're not trying to run any custom data or anything like that?

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type?

Nope no custom graphics at all.I have bitdefender but to try eliminate this i have switched this off.No luck still im afraid

Okay what we would suggest is first of all backing up the activation code of BitDefender if it's a paid for version, then turning on Windows Defender and completely uninstalling BitDefender. Once this is done uninstall and reinstall FM and try again.

We know you've tried disabling BD, but on occasions it has been known to interfere with the game even when disabled or with exceptions set up, so this is the best way of knowing for sure whether it's causing the problems.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Hello Neil.

Sorry that this is so ongoing first of all,i have tried all of the above.uninstalled BD and FM18 and then reinstalled 

Unfortunately it is still showing the same screen as the picture a few posts above :/

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Sorry to  hear that. Could you please send me your Belarc so we can take a look? Details here - 

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Belarc/BelarcAdvisor/System/tmp/(Steff).html

Can you please try creating a new Windows User account on your system, then when created, try the game via that user and see if you encounter the same issue?

Let us know, thanks. 

Yes that works Neil,but id rather not have additional user accounts on my system if im being honest.Is there anything flagging up on the Belarc report to suggest why this is happening anyway on my existing windows account?

Thanks.

Not, it would appear to be some kind of configuration issue related to that account. What you could do is copy everything over from your old user account to the new one. Once this is done, delete the old one and rename the new one so you continue to have one user account. 

Convinced about what exactly? If the issue is only happening with one of your user accounts, what else do you think it could be?

No what i should mean is that within my curremy user account is there a possibility that there is a setting misconfigured or something possibly?

It's impossible to know without direct comparison between the two user accounts the exact thing which has changed to have caused this knock-on, but will be related to the configuration of the original account.