FM2009: Official Liverpool FC Thread - Fields Of Anfield Road: Sponsored by El Nino

weeeman27bob

The annoying thing about this is, I can get my formation to work, but I cant get Torres or Gerrard to work. Im starting to get results from Gerrard playing as my mc playmaker with Dzagoev at amc but Torres hardly scores. He always spends his time on the wings trying to cross even though his instructions are to cross ball rarely. If it wasnt for Giovinco, I would never score!!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard has really started performing for me since I switched him into the Central Midifield position too. I've just finished the month of December and he only has 7 goals, (plenty of assists though), but he has got 4 of those goals in the last 6 games, which is when I switched him to CM.

Fernando Torres has been excellent for me, his partnership with Negredo has been magical. Without them two I'd be nowhere.

my main goalscorer atm is john fleck. he has taken over torres' position as main striker, he has also taken over the captaincy from steven gerrard. its almost impossible for fleck NOT to score on my game. torres keepts getting goal droughts where as fleck scores almost every game he has had plenty of hat-tricks.

~~Stevie G~~

@tomtuck01

Im playing Torrres as lone SC. Do you think i should play someone up there with him? Im assuming you are playing 4-4-2?

@stevie G 32201

I cant get Fleck on mine, Im using chris22 database and Rangers want close to 7m for Fleck which i am not prepared to pay for someone his age.

My starting XI is strong enough but i just cant get Torres to score.

Maverik

I play a 4-2-2-2 system mainly, with the 2 CM's, 2 wingers, and 2 strikers. I have used Torres as a lone front man a few times, but would defintely recommend pairing him up with another man to play as a target man.

The way him and Negredo have combined has been reminiscent of the Rooney/Tevez is the season United won the Champions League. I have not had a strike pair work aswell as this before on FM09.

@tomtuck01

Im playing Torrres as lone SC. Do you think i should play someone up there with him? Im assuming you are playing 4-4-2?

@stevie G 32201

I cant get Fleck on mine, Im using chris22 database and Rangers want close to 7m for Fleck which i am not prepared to pay for someone his age.

My starting XI is strong enough but i just cant get Torres to score.

my advice pay what you have to. imo fleck is the best striker in the world on my save. he just doesnt stop scoring

~~Stevie G~~

here's my squad 3rd season in (patch 9.03).

GK: Akinfeev/Asenjo

DL: Guilherme/Insua/Mattock plus two regens

DC: Marcano/Sakho/Howedes/Carragher plus 3 regens

DR: Santon/Johnson plus two regens

ML+R: Guardado/Mata/Texeira/Marquinhos/Balotelli/Srna

MC: Gerrard/Masch/Gourcuff/Kroos/Bender/Camacho/Ben Harfa

ST: Torres/Benzema/Bojan/Keirrison/Walter/Fleck/Rochina

the squad has an average age of 22 so now i just buy 16 year olds every season that my scouts find in Italy/Spain/England/France.

I figured this would be the best place to look for someone but has anyone played a long term game (around 20 seasons, with 9.3.0) with Liverpool?

If so, could you please post your FA Cup 3rd round draws in this thread a bit like this.

Thanks

12/13 seasons is the most ive done i think would you want the draws from that save?

Season 1 - was a shocker.

7th in the prem.

4th round in carling and fa cup.

quarter finals of cl.

Season 2 - decided to rebuild the squad (new update fron sortitoutsi)

Transfers In -

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 23.7.2009 | Higuaín, Gonzalo | R. Madrid | £8M |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 31.7.2009 | Joaquín | Valencia | £13.25M |

| 1.8.2009 | Bayal, Moustapha | A.S. Saint-Étienne | £6M |

| 2.8.2009 | Palmer, Paul | Southampton | £4K |

| 2.8.2009 | Delle, Joris | F.C. Metz | £550K |

| 3.8.2009 | dos Santos, Giovani| Tottenham Hotspur | £6M |

| 3.8.2009 | Musacchio, Mateo | Celta | £325K |

| 4.8.2009 | Soumare, Bakary | U.S. Boulogne | £2.9M |

| 6.8.2009 | Matías Fernández | Sporting CP | £7M |

| 8.8.2009 | Arce, Jon Andoni | Las Palmas | £85K |

| 9.8.2009 | Woods, Michael | Chelsea | £3M |

| | Total | | £47M |

| | | | |

Transfers Out -

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 18.6.2009 | Darby, Stephen | Dundee | Loan |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2009 | Itandje, Charles | FC Girondins de Bordeaux | £1.6M |

| 1.7.2009 | Spearing, Jay | Motherwell | Free |

| 1.7.2009 | Hansen, Martin | | Free |

| 1.7.2009 | Threlfall, Robbie | | Free |

| 1.7.2009 | Putterill, Raymond | | Free |

| 1.7.2009 | Durán, Francisco | | Free |

| 14.7.2009 | Diego Cavalieri | A.C. Milan | £4.2M |

| 19.7.2009 | Babel, Ryan | Tottenham Hotspur | £16M |

| 21.7.2009 | Aquilani, Alberto | A.C. Milan | £19.75M |

| 21.7.2009 | Gulácsi, Peter | | Free |

| 21.7.2009 | Mihaylov, Nikolay | | Free |

| 22.7.2009 | Skrtel, Martin | Juventus | £8.25M |

| 25.7.2009 | Kyrgiakos, Sotirios | Tottenham Hotspur | £3.6M |

| 25.7.2009 | N'Gog, David | Sunderland | Loan |

| 26.7.2009 | Agger, Daniel | Aston Villa | £6.75M |

| 26.7.2009 | Riera, Albert | Sampdoria | £4.5M |

| 27.7.2009 | Brouwer, Jordy | Carlisle United | Loan |

| 27.7.2009 | Kelly, Martin | Walsall | Loan |

| 27.7.2009 | Plessis, Damien | Sunderland | Loan |

| 28.7.2009 | Benayoun, Yossi | Hull City | £4M |

| 28.7.2009 | Martin, David | Coventry City | £925K |

| 28.7.2009 | Dossena, Andrea | Genoa | £3.7M |

| 28.7.2009 | Amoo, David | | Free |

| 28.7.2009 | Highdale, Sean | | Free |

| 28.7.2009 | Pacheco, Daniel | | Free |

| 28.7.2009 | Oldfield, Chris | | Free |

| 28.7.2009 | Scott, Michael | | Free |

| 28.7.2009 | Sánchez Ayala, Daniel | | Free |

| 30.7.2009 | Degen, Philipp | Queens Park Rangers | £500K |

| 30.7.2009 | Pálsson, Victor | Blackpool | £110K |

| 31.7.2009 | Kacaniklic, Alexander | Coventry City | £575K |

| 31.7.2009 | Mendy, Emmanuel | Gimnàstic | £275K |

| 31.7.2009 | El Zhar, Nabil | F.C. Nantes Atlantique | £1.5M |

| 3.8.2009 | San José, Mikel | Osasuna | £500K |

| 3.8.2009 | Bruna, Gerardo | Gimnàstic | £500K |

| | Total | | £77M |

| | | |

I've based my In's and Out's on level of Determination and Decision making, as alot of times in the 1st season mistakes were the cause of alot of goals and losses. Currently 2nd in the Prem after 3 games, won all three, 7 goals 2 conceded. Torres and Higuain forming a menacing partnership up front, Joaquin and Fernandez doing well on the wings. Will update when i'm further into the season...........

Hey guys. I haven't been able to get into a game on FM for a while now, but I started a Liverpool game yesterday and it seems to be holding my interest so thought I'd post in here.

I'm into January 2009 and top of the table, clear of Man Utd by 8 points. All seems to be going well, but I'm afraid things are about to go bad. In the last few games the performances have been absolutely terrible tbh, we lost our first match of the season to Arsenal, drew 1-1 with Birmingham who are bottom, and only just barely beat Wolves 1-0. Torres hasn't been firing for a few games now, and has only scored 2 in his last 7 games. Compare this to his previous 15 in 18, and it seems something has "un-clicked" for him. I haven't changed a thing in my tactic since about the 5th game of the season, so does anybody have any ideas why all of a sudden performances have dropped dramatically?

Anyway, I made a few new signings at the start of the season, bringing in Dario Srna, Andres Guardado, Giorgio Chiellini and Federico Fazio. Out went Yossi Benayoun, Andriy Voronin, and Andrea Dossena went out on loan to Spurs with a view to a permanent move.

Suggestions for my tactics/problems are much appreciated, cheers.

Hey guys. I haven't been able to get into a game on FM for a while now, but I started a Liverpool game yesterday and it seems to be holding my interest so thought I'd post in here.

I'm into January 2009 and top of the table, clear of Man Utd by 8 points. All seems to be going well, but I'm afraid things are about to go bad. In the last few games the performances have been absolutely terrible tbh, we lost our first match of the season to Arsenal, drew 1-1 with Birmingham who are bottom, and only just barely beat Wolves 1-0. Torres hasn't been firing for a few games now, and has only scored 2 in his last 7 games. Compare this to his previous 15 in 18, and it seems something has "un-clicked" for him. I haven't changed a thing in my tactic since about the 5th game of the season, so does anybody have any ideas why all of a sudden performances have dropped dramatically?

Anyway, I made a few new signings at the start of the season, bringing in Dario Srna, Andres Guardado, Giorgio Chiellini and Federico Fazio. Out went Yossi Benayoun, Andriy Voronin, and Andrea Dossena went out on loan to Spurs with a view to a permanent move.

Suggestions for my tactics/problems are much appreciated, cheers.

I'm finding good success with 442 and low cf, with short passing, beat spurs 4-1 at home , haven't played any of the other big four, so time will tell.

Gerrard in the middle is th best solution as well. imo.

Well my tactic is a 4-1-3-2 with a DM, MR, ML and MC. Gerrard in the middle. At the start of the season I beat Chelsea 5-1 and Man Utd 4-1 at home, but the last 7-8 games now have been absolutely rubbish. Torres' last 5 games rating is 6.3 :(

Ok, first season as Liverpool played all exept 1 friendly's. Here are my transfers.

Ins:

Fernando Gago - 6.5m

Martin Demichelis - 10.5m

Mario Santana - 5m

Darjio Srna - 14.25m

Vagner Love - 13.75m

Cristian Zapata - 11.4m

Giorgio Chiellini - 14.5m

Outs:

Yossi Benayoun - 10.5m

Dirk Kuyt - 11.5m

Lucas Leiva - 7.5m

Andriy Voronin - 2.5m

Ok, I still have amazingly around 30m left, I'm playing the latest weegie so all the signings are there, Aquilani, Johnson etc. I'm loaning out N'gog and Insua. I might go for Enyeama even though I have Cavallieri as backup, but I don't think I will. I went for De Rossi they wanted 59.7m, not going to happen. David Silva was a similar case, I asked Reina, Torres, Carra a Stevie G who they'd like to see and The Spanish lads said David Silva, Carra didn't know who and Gerrard said Jonathan Woodgate :o

I went for Joaquin but they wanted over 25.5m, so I went for Mario Santana, a cheap solid right winger, I needed a backup for Srna there.

Squad:

Pepe Reina

Diego Cavallieri

David Martin

Emilliano Insua(On loan at Middlesbrough)

Cristian Zapata

Glen Johnson

Giorgio Chiellini

Martin Skrtel

Jamie Carragher

Martin Demichelis

Phillip Degen(can't sell, decent backup, would have got Lucas Neill on a free but he went to Stoke)

Daniel Agger(injured for ages)

Andrea Dossena(will play left midfielder as well, whichever one)

Fabio Aurelio(if needed he can go here)

Sotiris Kyrgiakos(injured for 3-4 months)

Midfield:

Martin Demichelis(only if needed, I'd rather him play centre back)

Darjio Srna

Alberto Aquilani

Steven Gerrard

Andrea Dossena(can play LB)

Fabio Aurelio(can play LB)

Javier Mascherano

Fernando Gago

Albert Riera

Mario Santana

Strikers

Ryan Babel

Vagner Love

Fernando Torres

Now I have 30m to strengthen my team, where do I need players, a who and who should I sell. I'm thinking of geting Oscar Cardozo as a target man.

Also WHICH TACTIC WORKS BEST WITH LIVERPOOL???

Please make suggestions, thanks!

Please make any suggestions you can!

David N'gog (on loan at Norwich)

bluebirds4life - Managed to get Joaquin for £13.25m a few posts up.

Can't belive you sold lucas, he running the show in my midfield , only lost 1 game in first 16 of the second season. I have gone with a different way of thinking, only buying players with a high determination. Paying dividends in the last few minutes of games.

currently coming to an end of the 2012/2013 season sitting atop the premier league 9 points clear of man city after 33 games played.

just beat juventus to send me into the champions league semi final and about to play birmingham in the F.A cup semi's.

john fleck current top scorer with 22, sergio aguero on 21 and prince el niño himself on 19. darjio srna is my leading assist man in the current season total standing on 16. currently nurting a bit of young talent into the squad (english david orr 20 year old regen CB wonder kid potential to be as good as sergio ramos, chinese yang dan 21 year old regen CB also potential to be as good as sergio ramos, english norman warner 17 year old CM potential to be as good as steven gerrard himself)

they are all looking very promising although none came from my youth acadamy.

looking to turn into a very promising season

Just won the treble in 2014/15 league,carling cup & champions league Matt Bodmer was my Gary Macallister won signing of the season @ 31 years of age Torres is my currant captain for once played every league game Sakho is my Vice captain now for 2015/16 season.

Just thought I'd bring this up.

Now for this year's thread, it was somewhat a joint effort, with me putting my name to it at the end.

I propose the same this year (he says sneakily trying to be in charge).

Any views on that?

starter of the thread isnt important. its the contents that matter :D oh and of course getting more posts than any other thread ;)

Now for this year's thread, it was somewhat a joint effort, with me putting my name to it at the end.

Any views on that?

I gave you some help with last years thread so would happily do it again this year :D

tomtuck01

What sort of striker works best with him and what sort of settings do you use?

Well Alvaro Negredo has worked much better with Torres than what Roque Santa Cruz, (a more traditional targetman), has. Negredo has a bit of everything, yet doesn't actually excell at anything. His mental stats aren't particularly great either, but for some reason him and Torres have really hit it off.

Here is a screenie of Negredo to show you what I mean about him being good at alot but not excellent at anything. (The screenie is from the end of season 2 when I was still incharge of Sevilla)

Torres has NOT been used as the targetman in the partnership with Negredo, or with Santa Cruz for that matter. The instructions he has been given are very basic, but they seem to have worked out well for him.

Torres Instructions

The instructions for the targetman are basically the same, but with "Hold Up Ball" and "Challenge Keeper". The Target Man Supply is set "To Feet", and I always play a slow game, be it a direct or a short passing, and usually deep on the counter attack.

Any views on that?

seems purefun was too slow :D

Season 2 Update -

Premier League - Winners

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/Table.jpg - Table

Put out weaker teams in the cup. Looking to just go for the league. Got spanked 7-0 by arsenal in FA, and 6-1 by sunderland in the CC.

F.A. Cup - 4th round

Carling Cup - Quarter Final with my under 18's (more on them to come)

Not in Europe finished 7th season before.

Highlight of the season - http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/StevieGAgain.jpg (he did this against man u as well, posted previously)

Biggest win - http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/Biggestwin.jpg (Higuain on fire)

Top scorers in the prem - http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/Premplayerstats.jpg (Lucas was brilliant in the more defensive role playing alongside Gerrard mostly and Mascherano occassionally, higuain giving torres a run for golden boot)

Squad - http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/SquadEndofseason.jpg (Joaquin played 21 full games , 11 off the bench and setup 17 goals)

Fernanadez won european player of the year, Torres , Golden boot and player's player of the year. I personally would have given player of the year to Lucas/Reina, absolutely immense.

Next season - Look to build on the Prem win and increase my squad size , two players for every position, look to bring in a few more wonderkids as well. Torres over 30 goals in all competitions. Gerrard to get at least 15 goals. Kuyt is out of contract and will be replaced by the 17yo spanish striker nunias (think that's right). :)

Youngsters i'm hoping will come good: Paul Palmer (Full back), Arce (Full back), Prieto (CB), Nunias (Striker), Steve Irwin (MC), Michael Woods (cm, chelsea youth product).

I have finally finished my first season incharge of Liverpool, (season four in the save), and it has been a very successful one, with my side far surpassing the start of season expectations.

Enjoy the rather long read.

------------------------------------------

Winter Transfers

No players left the club during the January period, but two came in;

James Milner - £11.25million - Aston Villa

Christian Romaric - £8.75million - Sevilla

Both added more options to the side, and while they both played well they seemed to disrupt the side a little. I highly doubt that I will bring in players again in the January window.

Premier League

The media prediction was that we would finish fifth, the board and fans only expected a top four finish and qualification for next seasons Champions League, but I ignored all that and went and won the league! We flew out the traps winning 13 of our opening 15 games, taking a pretty commanding lead in the title race by the halfway point in the season.

The side hit a sticky patch in February and March dropping many points, including three defeats in this time at Arsenal, Chelsea, and Manchester United. However we recovered in April and May, winning five of our final seven games to take the title by one point.

2011/12 Premier League Table

Football Writers Player of the Year; Carlos Tevez - Manchester City

Players' Player of the Year; Cesc Fabregas - Arsenal

Players' Young Player of the Year; Nacer Barazite - Arsenal

Premier League Top Goalscorer; Carlos Tevez - Manchester City (26 goals)

Premier League Manager of the Year; Bruno Gama - Liverpool

We also had five players named in the Premier League Team of the Year.

FA Cup

We reached the quarter final stage of this competition before losing 1-0 away to Manchester United. We hadn't performed all that well in the previous rounds as I was rotating players at this point of the season. Nevertheless we should be doing better.

3rd Round - Doncaster (H) 3-0

4th Round - Sunderland (A) 1-1

4th Round Replay - Sunderland (H) 1-0

5th Round - Crystal Palace (H) 2-0

Qtr Final - Man United (A) 0-1

We didn't even get the consolation of being knocked out by the eventual winners as Arsenal hammered United 3-0 in the final.

Carling Cup

Despite not being the most important of competitions, I played string sides throughout this cup run, and it resulted in us lifting the Carling Cup! Given some of sides we were getting drawn against playing a strong team was essential. On the way to victory we knocked out Chelsea, Arsenal, and beat Manchester United in the final.

3rd Round - Doncaster (A) 3-0

4th Round - Chelsea (H) 2-1

Qtr Final - Middlesbrough (A) 2-0

Semi Final 1st leg - Arsenal (H) 4-0

Semi Final 2nd leg - Arsenal (A) 1-2

as said above we faced Manchester United in the final. Just about all of my first team squad was fit, but despite the performance of my two man striker partnership of Negredo and Torres, I decided to resort to 4-5-1. After nine minutes Torres put us infront, and we then got a helping hand in the 24th min when Patrice Evra was sent off. We quickly went 2-0 up, although they got one back straight away. We dominated the second half, and in the last 5 minutes got two more goals from Torres (completing his hat-trick), and Alvaro Negredo scoring a pen to complete a 4-1 mauling.

2012 Carling Cup Final

Europa League

We qualified for the group stage with ease destroying Gaziantepspor 9-0 on aggregate in the 4th qualifying round. In the group stage I often rested key players for more important league games, but we still cruised into the next round winning all of our 6 games.

Rapid Bucharest (H) 3-0

Stuttgart (A) 2-0

Rapid Wien (H) 5-0

Rapid Bucharest (A) 4-1

Stuttgart (H) 1-0

Rapid Wien (A) 2-1

After Christmas when the knockout rounds started I continued to rest players with league games taking on even more importance as the league title was looking like a serious possibility. However we won well over Schalke in the 1st knockout round 3-1, and then disposed of German opposition again the next round as we beat Hamburg 4-0 over the two legs. In the quarter finals we faced Shakhtar Donetsk, and just about scraped through to the semi finals. We drew 1-1 in Ukraine, but trailed late on in the second leg, however we scored through Ruben Rochina, and the same player got a winner late in extra time.

In the semi final we played Tottenham, but with a must win league game inbetween the two legs many players were rested for the 1st leg. The game was at Anfield and we struggled to a 1-1 draw. The second leg saw some big players back in the line-up, but despite dominating we still conspired to lose the game 2-1, and exit the competition 3-2 on aggregate.

With this competition we did get the consolation of losing to eventual winners, as Tottenham went on to defeat Chelsea, (who had come into the tournament after failing to get through the Champions League group stage), on a penalty shoot-out.

Top Scorers and Other Information

As I have said numerous times in the thread, Fernando Torres and Alvaro Negredo struck up and excellent partnership. They scored 28 and 29 goals respectively as they tore defences apart. The only other player to reach double figures was Steven Gerrard.

Alvaro Negredo - 47 starts, 3 sub apps - 29 goals

Fernando Torres - 45 starts, 2 sub apps - 28 goals

Steven Gerrard - 51 starts, 2 sub apps - 15 goals

Roque Santa Cruz only managed 3 goals from 19 appearances as injuries destroyed his season. Ruben Rochina performed well in his first season at the club, scoring 8 goals from 20 appearances.

Aswell as the goals he scored Fernando Torres was also the sides top assister with 19. Steven Gerrard managed 17, and Javier Mascherano 13! Torres also had the sides highest average rating; 7.47 from his 47 appearances.

What Next

After his injury problems, Roque Santa Cruz will be sold. The same goes for Alberto Aquilani, who appeared even less than Santa Cruz. Daniel Schwaab will probably leave aswell as he was very poor when selected.

As for my future, I am planning on staying with Liverpool and trying to lead them to Champions League glory. However, Real Madrid have had a really poor season in La Liga and have finished 4th. If Manuel Pellegrini is sacked I may apply for the job. The same kind of thing can be said about Manchester United, (you will all hate me now), but they are the club I support, and have just finished in 6th place in the Premier League and I could be tempted to join them if Steve Bruce is relieved of duty.

And finally after this little piece in an earlier post about me leaving Sevilla for Liverpool;

......with Sevilla I won the Champions League (2009-10) and a couple of other trophies, but I couldn't break the dominance of Real Madrid and Barcelona in La Liga, (91pts was only good enough for 3rd), so deciding that my best simply wouldn't be good enough to take Sevilla to the next step........

Sevilla of course went and won the La Liga title under the guidance of German manager Tommy Schaaf. It should have been me! :(

Comments and suggestions are welcome. And I'll be happy to upload any screenshots you wish to see.

Thanks to those of you who took the time to read this!

Season 2 Update -

Premier League - Winners

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/Table.jpg - Table

Put out weaker teams in the cup. Looking to just go for the league. Got spanked 7-0 by arsenal in FA, and 6-1 by sunderland in the CC.

F.A. Cup - 4th round

Carling Cup - Quarter Final with my under 18's (more on them to come)

Not in Europe finished 7th season before.

Highlight of the season - http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/StevieGAgain.jpg (he did this against man u as well, posted previously)

Biggest win - http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/Biggestwin.jpg (Higuain on fire)

Top scorers in the prem - http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/Premplayerstats.jpg (Lucas was brilliant in the more defensive role playing alongside Gerrard mostly and Mascherano occassionally, higuain giving torres a run for golden boot)

Squad - http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss126/chaser2k9/FM2009/SquadEndofseason.jpg (Joaquin played 21 full games , 11 off the bench and setup 17 goals)

Fernanadez won european player of the year, Torres , Golden boot and player's player of the year. I personally would have given player of the year to Lucas/Reina, absolutely immense.

Next season - Look to build on the Prem win and increase my squad size , two players for every position, look to bring in a few more wonderkids as well. Torres over 30 goals in all competitions. Gerrard to get at least 15 goals. Kuyt is out of contract and will be replaced by the 17yo spanish striker nunias (think that's right).

Youngsters i'm hoping will come good: Paul Palmer (Full back), Arce (Full back), Prieto (CB), Nunias (Striker), Steve Irwin (MC), Michael Woods (cm, chelsea youth product).

Well done on your League win :thup: good luck for next season

I have finally finished my first season incharge of Liverpool, (season four in the save), and it has been a very successful one, with my side far surpassing the start of season expectations.

Enjoy the rather long read.

Winter Transfers

No players left the club during the January period, but two came in;

James Milner - £11.25million - Aston Villa

Christian Romaric - £8.75million - Sevilla

Both added more options to the side, and while they both played well they seemed to disrupt the side a little. I highly doubt that I will bring in players again in the January window.

Premier League

The media prediction was that we would finish fifth, the board and fans only expected a top four finish and qualification for next seasons Champions League, but I ignored all that and went and won the league! We flew out the traps winning 13 of our opening 15 games, taking a pretty commanding lead in the title race by the halfway point in the season.

The side hit a sticky patch in February and March dropping many points, including three defeats in this time at Arsenal, Chelsea, and Manchester United. However we recovered in April and May, winning five of our final seven games to take the title by one point.

2011/12 Premier League Table

Football Writers Player of the Year; Carlos Tevez - Manchester City

Players' Player of the Year; Cesc Fabregas - Arsenal

Players' Young Player of the Year; Nacer Barazite - Arsenal

Premier League Top Goalscorer; Carlos Tevez - Manchester City (26 goals)

Premier League Manager of the Year; Bruno Gama - Liverpool

We also had five players named in the Premier League Team of the Year.

FA Cup

We reached the quarter final stage of this competition before losing 1-0 away to Manchester United. We hadn't performed all that well in the previous rounds as I was rotating players at this point of the season. Nevertheless we should be doing better.

3rd Round - Doncaster (H) 3-0

4th Round - Sunderland (A) 1-1

4th Round Replay - Sunderland (H) 1-0

5th Round - Crystal Palace (H) 2-0

Qtr Final - Man United (A) 0-1

We didn't even get the consolation of being knocked out by the eventual winners as Arsenal hammered United 3-0 in the final.

Carling Cup

Despite not being the most important of competitions, I played string sides throughout this cup run, and it resulted in us lifting the Carling Cup! Given some of sides we were getting drawn against playing a strong team was essential. On the way to victory we knocked out Chelsea, Arsenal, and beat Manchester United in the final.

3rd Round - Doncaster (A) 3-0

4th Round - Chelsea (H) 2-1

Qtr Final - Middlesbrough (A) 2-0

Semi Final 1st leg - Arsenal (H) 4-0

Semi Final 2nd leg - Arsenal (A) 1-2

as said above we faced Manchester United in the final. Just about all of my first team squad was fit, but despite the performance of my two man striker partnership of Negredo and Torres, I decided to resort to 4-5-1. After nine minutes Torres put us infront, and we then got a helping hand in the 24th min when Patrice Evra was sent off. We quickly went 2-0 up, although they got one back straight away. We dominated the second half, and in the last 5 minutes got two more goals from Torres (completing his hat-trick), and Alvaro Negredo scoring a pen to complete a 4-1 mauling.

2012 Carling Cup Final

Europa League

We qualified for the group stage with ease destroying Gaziantepspor 9-0 on aggregate in the 4th qualifying round. In the group stage I often rested key players for more important league games, but we still cruised into the next round winning all of our 6 games.

Rapid Bucharest (H) 3-0

Stuttgart (A) 2-0

Rapid Wien (H) 5-0

Rapid Bucharest (A) 4-1

Stuttgart (H) 1-0

Rapid Wien (A) 2-1

After Christmas when the knockout rounds started I continued to rest players with league games taking on even more importance as the league title was looking like a serious possibility. However we won well over Schalke in the 1st knockout round 3-1, and then disposed of German opposition again the next round as we beat Hamburg 4-0 over the two legs. In the quarter finals we faced Shakhtar Donetsk, and just about scraped through to the semi finals. We drew 1-1 in Ukraine, but trailed late on in the second leg, however we scored through Ruben Rochina, and the same player got a winner late in extra time.

In the semi final we played Tottenham, but with a must win league game inbetween the two legs many players were rested for the 1st leg. The game was at Anfield and we struggled to a 1-1 draw. The second leg saw some big players back in the line-up, but despite dominating we still conspired to lose the game 2-1, and exit the competition 3-2 on aggregate.

With this competition we did get the consolation of losing to eventual winners, as Tottenham went on to defeat Chelsea, (who had come into the tournament after failing to get through the Champions League group stage), on a penalty shoot-out.

Top Scorers and Other Information

As I have said numerous times in the thread, Fernando Torres and Alvaro Negredo struck up and excellent partnership. They scored 28 and 29 goals respectively as they tore defences apart. The only other player to reach double figures was Steven Gerrard.

Alvaro Negredo - 47 starts, 3 sub apps - 29 goals

Fernando Torres - 45 starts, 2 sub apps - 28 goals

Steven Gerrard - 51 starts, 2 sub apps - 15 goals

Roque Santa Cruz only managed 3 goals from 19 appearances as injuries destroyed his season. Ruben Rochina performed well in his first season at the club, scoring 8 goals from 20 appearances.

Aswell as the goals he scored Fernando Torres was also the sides top assister with 19. Steven Gerrard managed 17, and Javier Mascherano 13! Torres also had the sides highest average rating; 7.47 from his 47 appearances.

What Next

After his injury problems, Roque Santa Cruz will be sold. The same goes for Alberto Aquilani, who appeared even less than Santa Cruz. Daniel Schwaab will probably leave aswell as he was very poor when selected.

As for my future, I am planning on staying with Liverpool and trying to lead them to Champions League glory. However, Real Madrid have had a really poor season in La Liga and have finished 4th. If Manuel Pellegrini is sacked I may apply for the job. The same kind of thing can be said about Manchester United, (you will all hate me now), but they are the club I support, and have just finished in 6th place in the Premier League and I could be tempted to join them if Steve Bruce is relieved of duty.

And finally after this little piece in an earlier post about me leaving Sevilla for Liverpool;

Sevilla of course went and won the La Liga title under the guidance of German manager Tommy Schaaf. It should have been me! :(

Comments and suggestions are welcome. And I'll be happy to upload any screenshots you wish to see.

Thanks to those of you who took the time to read this!

Well done on your season tomtuck :thup: stay with Liverpool ;)

Meant to add a brief squad -

GK Reina

DR G Johnson

DL Insua

DC Bayal ( Really good , fairly cheap)

DC Carragher

MC Lucas

MC Gerrard

MR Joaquin

ML M Fernandez

FC Higuain

ST Torres

SB1 Dos Santos (Gio)

SB2 Delle (young french keeper)

SB3 Mascherano (Lucas has been too good )

SB4 Kuyt

SB5 N'Gog (was on loan at sunderland and came and chipped in with a few goals and assists)

SB6 Aurelio

SB7 Soumare (french cb

Archived