Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mhaffy

3D Match Very jittery since 18.2.2

I have not played FM18 for a while and resumed my long term save today following release of hotfix 18.2.2.

The release notes refer to : Improvements to performance of 3D match on some NVIDIA GPUs .

I use NVidia Graphics Card (GeForce GTX 1050) and my match experience has deteriorated and is very, very jittery with how I remember it being.

My PC has 5* 3D graphics capability and I can only assume that the latest hotfix has adversely impacted my match experience.

Intel i7 -7700

Samsung Pro Evo SSD

16GB Crucial RAM

Nvidia Gefore GTX 1050

Windows 10 64 bit.

Any other users experienced similar deterioration?

Hopefully SI will review impact of latest patch on GPU/Match performance and re-fix

When exactly did you last play the game prior to launching today? 

In regards to your issue are you running in Full Screen or Windowed mode? Does it make any difference if you switch between them?

Also have you tried deleting your cache and preferences to see if that helps at all? Details on how to do so below:

Delete Cache
Delete Preferences 

If you could also post your dxdiag it'd be helpful in us trying to figure out why this is happening. Details on how to do that here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Yeah nothing changed on mine either . Still very average and jittery

Please create your own thread in regards to your issue so no wires are crossed here. Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

When exactly did you last play the game prior to launching today? 

In regards to your issue are you running in Full Screen or Windowed mode? Does it make any difference if you switch between them?

Last played 27/12/17 and have not changed any settings since "resuming" today. Full screen mode, as per usual.

Only other thing that crossed my mind, apart from 18.2.2, is whether the recently issued Windows patch re Spectre & Meltdown could impact somehow; although the other GPU heavy game I play, World of Tanks, has not suffered any impact re FPS etc since the Windows patch.

If that were to be the case then it's likely we would have seen it arise in testing and also with other users on the forum. You're the first we've seen who have had issues solely since the update. We actually made some changes to try and improve the system for other users.

Can you provide the information as requested above? Also do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type? 

9 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

If that were to be the case then it's likely we would have seen it arise in testing and also with other users on the forum. You're the first we've seen who have had issues solely since the update. We actually made some changes to try and improve the system for other users.

Can you provide the information as requested above? Also do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type? 

I have now played several more matches and the "jitters" that I experienced in first few matches today have disappeared despite not having deleted cache or preferences.

Bizarre. When I experienced the issue earlier I inspected task manger but no other tasks/processes seemed to be impacting system performance.

I run Norton Security, and have done so for several years.

My guess is that Windows, or Norton, was running background task(s) that were giving rise to jittery match experience - not something I have encountered before when watching a match.

Apologies for what, hopefully, appears to have been a temporary issue that was unrelated to 18.2.2....

Fingers crossed.

Hopefully so, please do keep us updated on this if you have any further issues. I'll set it to resolved for now.

May also be worth configuring your anti-virus program so it doesn't interfere with FM. Details on how to do this below:

Thanks.