Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
decapitated

most unusual AI managed teams to win the world cup?

I just had Ukraine win World Cup 2022 on one of my games. What's the most unusual AI team you've ever seen win the world cup or any other major international tournament on football manager?

Funnily enough, I've seen Ukraine win the World Cup twice. Once on CM00/01 in 2010 (beat Germany in the Final), and once on FM13 in 2014 (beat France in the Final).

The United States won the 2034 World Cup on that same FM13 save, but that was a bit more believable to me. It was quite far into the future, and the USA had produced some exceptional players. They reached the Semis again in 2038.

I've also seen the Republic of Ireland win Euro 2012 (CM00/01), while my England team defeated Finland on penalties in the 2002 World Cup Final (that was on CM99/00).

1 hour ago, decapitated said:

I just had Ukraine win World Cup 2022 on one of my games. What's the most unusual AI team you've ever seen win the world cup or any other major international tournament on football manager?

inb4 san marino

I've seen Wales win the 2022 World Cup, beating Burkina Faso in the Second Round, England in the Quarter Finals, Portugal in the Semi Final then Germany in the Final!

England. Twice. The only thing less realistic were the opponents being Mexico and Australia.

The first three World Cup winners on on recent save were Wales (beating Uruguay), Ecuador (beating Romania) and Colombia.