Sports Interactive Community

Hi, At the beginning I would like to emphasize that I have the original version of the game and have it since 2007. The game after inserting into the drive does not turn on via autorunTo install this game I have to open the folder, because even in my computer FM is no icon and after double-clicking nothing happens. (under the word FM2008 it says: UDF, I do not know if it matters.)  When j click the setup, everything works as it should, the game installs.  After the installation I get the message: Congratulations! Football Manager 2008 has been successfully installed in the folder. Then I turn on the game and j have a warning: Failed to find a default database to use. Please make sure your installation is not corrupt. After it j have next warning: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of window 1.xml.

After all, the game freezes my computer, I have a windows 7 and an updated graphics card nivida geforce if it matters, then I give details of my computer. Can anyone help me with my problem? I would like to emphasize once again that the game installs from the original disc that worked on my previous computer.

It is often very difficult to get older games to run today. There is no obvious answer to this but I would try the following:

Make sure that you have the latest game patch.

If you are using a custom database, then try the game without it after uninstalling and reinstalling

Run the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP

Clear out the Settings folder which is situated here:  Computer -> Local Disk (C: -> Users -> <username> -> AppData -> Roaming -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2008 -> Settings  

You will need to make sure that hidden folders are available to access this folder.

The disc will need to be in the computer to run the game

Hi Fraz does this apply for windows 10 also, i had terrible trouble trying to install the game i gave up trying completely. any info on this would be much appreciated.

W10 has introduced a DRM update that makes older games virtually impossible to install, so maybe it is time to move on to  newer version:thup:

Unfortunately, it did not help. I would like to play a newer manager but I do not know if it will work on my computer. In addition, the sentiment to old footballers ..

On 1/16/2018 at 23:00, Olisadebe said:

Unfortunately, it did not help. I would like to play a newer manager but I do not know if it will work on my computer. In addition, the sentiment to old footballers ..

Post a dxdiag report and I will have a look at your system

Your system is borderline for playing any of the newer games- especially the processor and graphics card.  Start by updating the graphics card driver and then try the Demo version of the newer version that you are interested in and if it runs ok ( you may have to reduce the graphics qulaity to get it ot run smoothly) then the actual game will be OK