Swapping players into different roles

I am currently using Mane and Salah as inside forwards in my liverpool save, but I'd love to have them swapping wings during the game and changing their roles to wingers when on the other sides.

So far I have the tactic set with inside forwards set to swap, with Salah and Mane then set to a personalised role as wingers when put in AML and AMR respectively.

This works for the first time they swap (generally around the 30 minute mark) but then they don't swap back for the rest of the game without me manually changing it. Is there any way to get this to work without having to set up a whole new tactic (using up one of my 3 tactic slots if I want them to be experienced in it) and manually changing throughout the game?

They don't get stuck when swapping wings if I turn off the personalised roles, for some reason the personalised role stops them from swapping back.

I'd love to find a solution because I want to experiment with the idea of swapping my CAM (AP-S) and ST (CF-A) during the game and giving them roles of CAM (SS-A) and ST (F9-S)

As a sidenote - It's a shame there isn't a way to control how often or when players swap positions (ie. setting it to certain times/scenarios for each position or just having it completely random and giving the players themselves the freedom) rather than a set swap every 30 mins.

Archived