New position training

Hey,

I was wondering does training player to new positions reduce their attributes improvement (technical, mental , physical) ? I tried to try train some young player to new position and they are now able to play in that position but their attributes didnt develop during that time. I did also read on a fm 2017 topic that training a player to a new position uses a part of his improvement potential.

Positional ability does take up some of a players potential ability yes. Not sure if retraining them slows down their development of their stats but a player who can only play one position will always look better attributes wise than the same player with multiple positions.

I downloaded fm editor and their are attributes depending on the CA but the positionning abilities are not included. I know the CA cannot be higher than the PA. Does it mean PA will decrease while training a new position?

I have tested to create a player with maximum point of stats possible ( 20 everywhere which is impossible).  Whith all position mastered at max value he had 14 in all most attributes ig with only one postion mastered he had 16 in most attribute.

So if he didnt mess training new position take some training abilities. 

I am now wondering how can I know how much CA learning a new position give.

If anyone knows the answer ^^.

I think testing should be "easy" with the IG editor =P ( i only have the basic out game editor)

Archived