Editor file not working

Ross101

I've created an editor file in which I've modified the continental competition formats...

i successfully ran the editor file in a game for a number of seasons in the English league (classed as a 'neighbouring nation')...

however, when i went to run the same editor file in a new game within my 'selected nation'/ default league (Scotland) the file did not take and the standard formats without changes were present instead...

i tried to run the same editor file in different leagues (Spain, France etc) and it worked fine...

for some reason it is not applying to Scotland, it does work when i run Scotland and another nation league together, which is strange, but i would prefer to run my game with the minimum amount of leagues for computer performance reasons...

any advice how this issue can be resolved and my editor file can be used in my home nation?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Ross101:

I've created an editor file in which I've modified the continental competition formats...

i successfully ran the editor file in a game for a number of seasons in the English league (classed as a 'neighbouring nation')...

however, when i went to run the same editor file in a new game within my 'selected nation'/ default league (Scotland) the file did not take and the standard formats without changes were present instead...

i tried to run the same editor file in different leagues (Spain, France etc) and it worked fine...

for some reason it is not applying to Scotland, it does work when i run Scotland and another nation league together, which is strange, but i would prefer to run my game with the minimum amount of leagues for computer performance reasons...

any advice how this issue can be resolved and my editor file can be used in my home nation?

If you load Scotland as playable and another nation (or even 10 of them) as view only, it won't affect the computer performance.

9 minutes ago, KUBI said:

If you load Scotland as playable and another nation (or even 10 of them) as view only, it won't affect the computer performance.

thanks KUBI...

out of interest, any ideas about why this happened in the first place?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Ross101:

thanks KUBI...

out of interest, any ideas about why this happened in the first place?

It's sometimes a odd conflict. It could work, when you rename your db file that it will either be loading before or after Scotland.

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It's sometimes a odd conflict. It could work, when you rename your db file that it will either be loading before or after Scotland.

cheers KUBI...

ive tried your advice about adding another league and making it view only...

unfortunately it still does not work...

only works if i tag another active league along with scottish and work off a 'start date' from the other league...

i tried renaming file and making minor additional changes to db to see if it makes difference...no joy!

seems i have found a bug...

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Ross101:

cheers KUBI...

ive tried your advice about adding another league and making it view only...

unfortunately it still does not work...

only works if i tag another active league along with scottish and work off a 'start date' from the other league...

i tried renaming file and making minor additional changes to db to see if it makes difference...no joy!

seems i have found a bug...

I guess that your competition needs another start date than the Scottish league. 

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

I guess that your competition needs another start date than the Scottish league. 

ahhhh...genius!

i think you're on to something there...

my db competition start date is July 1st...

because of low coefficient Scottish teams start euro cup at end of June...that could be the conflict...

i'll change my db start date to mid-June and see if that works...

thanks a lot!!

17 minutes ago, KUBI said:

just to let you know that changing the start date on the editor file and selecting a season start date after that date has made the editor file work!

thanks

Archived