Sports Interactive Community

Just to point few things as I dont have so much time to spend on it. Enough is enough. Playing in CM /FM since Amiga Version (93/94) and I must admit FM 2018 is the most dissappointing version that Ive ever played.

At first, "dynamics" problems- reported few months ago.Whole feature is a nonsense when playing with force continue online, interaction with players seems to be unnecessarily detailed, some of them became unhappy because I didnt managed to speak with them when needed.

But the most annoying feature is that when me and the online host /or other online players are about to make changes in tactics at the same time, game stops. Waiting for the next highlights... and nothing happens. 

And about changing results during online game- when user is out of network during a match and joins again during the matchday, scores differ when hes looking at the stats- when entering the match (just finished), "teams are warming up" is displayed and the result changes.

Too much for me.

Edited by Kostropaty

On 13 January 2018 at 12:49, Kostropaty said:

At first, "dynamics" problems- reported few months ago.Whole feature is a nonsense when playing with force continue online, interaction with players seems to be unnecessarily detailed, some of them became unhappy because I didnt managed to speak with them when needed.

This is something you'll need to sort out with your host. 

In my network game the continue timer is long enough for anybody to request extra time if they need it, as often they as want.

If you don't like dynamics as part of a network game, then I can suggest FMT may be more suitable.

But the most annoying feature is that when me and the online host /or other online players are about to make changes in tactics at the same time, game stops. Waiting for the next highlights... and nothing happens. 

We're investigating this issue at the moment.

And about changing results during online game- when user is out of network during a match and joins again during the matchday, scores differ when hes looking at the stats- when entering the match (just finished), "teams are warming up" is displayed and the result changes.

We're investigating this issue at the moment, for now I'd suggest not looking at matches during match day and wait until all games are finished and the game has processed.

Thanks for your response.

I'm afraid that this dynamics problem is not host-related. As if you have too many news (ex. just before the transfer deadline) game tends to continue irrespectable of the force minute time (even 1 min) -it's not labelled as must respond, some news are marked as readed and the mess starts. Players get angry in ex. because of my transfer activity, despite beeing vastly involved in the first team (just to note Riverola at Reggiana-absolute key player, Bouchalakis at Forest -first team, Verthongen at Spurs -key) they start to moan because of possible replacement. It is quite easy to manage, but quite unreal, then unnecessary, time consuming and simply annoying. I'll be trying to provide you sceenshots as we decided to continue with our game (yes, habits...) , just to prove that some important news are not marked as "must respond", but qualified as "normal" and lead to mess, even with adequately high force continue time.

I'm looking forward for the other mentioned issues being resolved. Cheers.

Our observation might help-I hope so. Game doesn't stop when making tactical changes by both network players in case where they are using 2D highlights mode. Maybe that's the issue - initially problem was where "waiting for the next highlights..." was displayed. We just have stopped playing "football SIMs", we are back to basics  (moving circles and flashing texts) -problem resolved, no game crash since then.

15 hours ago, Kostropaty said:

I'm afraid that this dynamics problem is not host-related. As if you have too many news (ex. just before the transfer deadline) game tends to continue irrespectable of the force minute time (even 1 min) -it's not labelled as must respond, some news are marked as readed and the mess starts. Players get angry in ex. because of my transfer activity, despite beeing vastly involved in the first team (just to note Riverola at Reggiana-absolute key player, Bouchalakis at Forest -first team, Verthongen at Spurs -key) they start to moan because of possible replacement. It is quite easy to manage, but quite unreal, then unnecessary, time consuming and simply annoying. I'll be trying to provide you sceenshots as we decided to continue with our game (yes, habits...) , just to prove that some important news are not marked as "must respond", but qualified as "normal" and lead to mess, even with adequately high force continue time.

You'll just need to manage it, perhaps disable the timer or request more time if you need it. Its easy to miss if you're not paying attention to the network game, granted but the game doesn't continue itself unless you've told it to via host settings. If these settings are the problem then change them,

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 00:41, Kostropaty said:

Our observation might help-I hope so. Game doesn't stop when making tactical changes by both network players in case where they are using 2D highlights mode. Maybe that's the issue - initially problem was where "waiting for the next highlights..." was displayed. We just have stopped playing "football SIMs", we are back to basics  (moving circles and flashing texts) -problem resolved, no game crash since then.

This is interesting, will try this in my network game and see if the freeze stops.

On 16/1/2018 at 01:41, Kostropaty said:

On 17/1/2018 at 20:33, chestermike said:

This is interesting, will try this in my network game and see if the freeze stops.

Did it work permanently for either of you?

On 16/1/2018 at 01:41, Kostropaty said:

Just tested this with a friend. Normally he was playing 3D and I was playing 2D. Tried now where both of us where using 2D. Game still got stucked in around 50% of the times we tried.