Thanks for mentioning ME

You'd probably get more interest if you add screenshots, especially of your tactical setup. I will say that no match is one you 100% cannot win and I'm not talking about a level 10 team in England playing against a Premier Division team because that's obviously different. If you're Arsenal (which I'm assuming) then you have a chance to win every match.

4 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

You'd probably get more interest if you add screenshots, especially of your tactical setup. I will say that no match is one you 100% cannot win and I'm not talking about a level 10 team in England playing against a Premier Division team because that's obviously different. If you're Arsenal (which I'm assuming) then you have a chance to win every match.

Thanks for the reply. I have added in a few screenshots. It was just the way my players played looked stupid to me. I believe what you are saying is very likely to be the truth but I also need an explanation on my players performance.

Just now, newmanagergotrekt said:

Thanks for the reply. I have added in a few screenshots. It was just the way my players played looked stupid to me. I believe what you are saying is very likely to be the truth but I also need an explanation on my players performance.

As I said though --- your tactical setup is also important to include.

12 hours ago, newmanagergotrekt said:

Moving this thread to tactics discussion kills its attention. Can someone please move it back?

It's Tactical and Strategy, so can fit here perfectly. If it's ME, then the other two can be ruled out because we're here and discussing what the section is about.

Instead of asking yourself what your team did wrong, ask yourself what RB did right. You will learn a lot if you disconnect from the emotion and look at they managed to score against you. You never show how they score their goals (unless I am mistaken), so how do we know you did not deserve to concede them?

I will note two things I can see from those screenshots. You can tell me how often they happened.

- There is at least one screenshot where RB have 4v3 against your defence. If you lose the ball in that situation, you are in a lot of trouble. How often did that happen.

- In a couple of screenshots, all of your side is pressed high against the RB defensive line. There is no passing options and no movement except to punt the ball over the top and chase, or have a punt at goal. Did that happen often?

There is no such game as a game you cannot win. There is such thing as a game where things just do not work. If you have faith in your system, just shrug and move on. Have a look to see if you can learn anything, and then just play the next game. I try to learn something from every game I lose, even if all I learn is "their players are really good and mine are not". 

If you think you have a tactical issue, then you need to pay close attention to what went wrong. Analyse the match from the point of view as a neutral. What is the other team doing right? What are you doing not right? There is no point playing a game over and over again. You will not learn anything except sometimes luck goes your way and sometimes it does not. 

On 14/01/2018 at 06:45, HUNT3R said:

It's Tactical and Strategy, so can fit here perfectly. If it's ME, then the other two can be ruled out because we're here and discussing what the section is about.

I haven't even mentioned the untouchable ME in my thread.

I just wanted to know whether other players experienced similar situations. This match kind of reminds me of taking a big club with a low reputation. Your players could have high morale but they still hate the manager and make silly mistakes. I only learned this low-rep thing from other players.

Of course this could be tactical. You are just taking one angle of viewing this question and it is fine. However accusing me of saying something which I haven't is disappointing and totally unacceptable.

Sometimes I wonder why mods hate talking about the ME? Last year many mods denied the FB positioning glitch. Ironically it was eventually fixed by SI. If mods cannot stand people asking about the ME, then explain your (mods') ideas through tactics and things instead of treating others as if they have made a serious mistake by talking about the ME. After all it is a simulation game and simulation is never the reality. Talking about how much the simulation deviates from the reality does not make the simulation rubbish. People like me would not be here if we think the game is fundamentally unfair. 

1 hour ago, newmanagergotrekt said:

I haven't even mentioned the untouchable ME in my thread.

I just wanted to know whether other players experienced similar situations. This match kind of reminds me of taking a big club with a low reputation. Your players could have high morale but they still hate the manager and make silly mistakes. I only learned this low-rep thing from other players.

Of course this could be tactical. You are just taking one angle of viewing this question and it is fine. However accusing me of saying something which I haven't is disappointing and totally unacceptable.

Sometimes I wonder why mods hate talking about the ME? Last year many mods denied the FB positioning glitch. Ironically it was eventually fixed by SI. If mods cannot stand people asking about the ME, then explain your (mods') ideas through tactics and things instead of treating others as if they have made a serious mistake by talking about the ME. After all it is a simulation game and simulation is never the reality. Talking about how much the simulation deviates from the reality does not make the simulation rubbish. People like me would not be here if we think the game is fundamentally unfair. 

I don't "hate" talking about anything and I didn't take one angle - I took 3. I would suggest you read my posts again, because I have no idea why you're accusing me or mods in general of anything.

Please don't come into the Tactics forum and start making wild accusations, especially as you are clearly unfamiliar with what goes on here in the Tactics forum.

Anyway, what exactly are you looking for from your opening post?  You say above:

I just wanted to know whether other players experienced similar situations.

Has anybody else experienced a defeat from a match we've dominated?  Absolutely yes.  We take it on the chin, see if there is anything we can learn from it and move on.  Is it a one off defeat?  Probably just didn't make the right choices in that particular match.  Is it a struggle over a number of games?  Then there is possibly something fundamentally wrong with the core tactical system which requires work.

As far as your tactical system goes you haven't told us this, so what sort of discussion or help are you actually looking for?  And as far as your thread title goes, no of course it's not a must lose game.  Arsenal vs RBL?  Come on...:brock:

Archived