ULTIMATE LEGENDS & STARS 1880 - 2018

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gpassosbh said:

Have you edited some of Brazilian clubs? If yes, can you show Flamengo team?

Yes of course, Brazil is booming... :thup:

FLAMENGO have the likes of:

Gilberto

Zagallo

Julio Cesar

Mozer

Leandro

Junior Baiano

Thiago

Junior

Gerson

Zizinho

ZICO

Edited by Fenech

Hi Fenech, so excited for this. I've loved your database since the very first one, and I was, you may remember, the person who asked for Watford to have a full squad back on the original one.

I'm liking the look of the Watford squad this time around, though I do have some suggestions:

• As much as I love Filippo Galli, he did only spend one year at Watford. I can understand why he's not part of Milan due to the strength of their squad, but I don't think he deserves a place in Watford's team. Maybe he could be in the Milan academy? Maybe Duncan Welbourne in?
  • Wilf Rostron should be able to play on left wing as well as left-back. He started his career there before Taylor moved him back, so well worth keeping it as one of his weaker positions.
  • I also think Rostron should be captain, with McClelland vice - Rostron was captain when McClelland was signed, and the latter refused to take the captaincy off him even though offered it straight away.
  • Kenny Jackett should be able to play left-back and left midfield as well as his current positions.
  • I don't think Etienne Capoue should be there. In terms on midfielders in recent history who have been important, Almen Abdi has been much more influential. He would be my choice to replace Capoue.
  • Maybe make Ashley Young slightly younger seeing as he came through the academy. Just makes him one of the younger members of the selected squad.
  • Replace Juan Hernandez with Ross Jenkins, Watford's third-highest scorer of all time. 

I appreciate this is quite a lot, and I'll make the changes if you don't wish to after it's released, but I just want to help you make the best FM database as complete as it can be.

Thanks Fenech... I am supremely excited to play!

1 hour ago, billybo_h said:

Hi Fenech, so excited for this. I've loved your database since the very first one, and I was, you may remember, the person who asked for Watford to have a full squad back on the original one.

I'm liking the look of the Watford squad this time around, though I do have some suggestions:

• As much as I love Filippo Galli, he did only spend one year at Watford. I can understand why he's not part of Milan due to the strength of their squad, but I don't think he deserves a place in Watford's team. Maybe he could be in the Milan academy? Maybe Duncan Welbourne in?
  • Wilf Rostron should be able to play on left wing as well as left-back. He started his career there before Taylor moved him back, so well worth keeping it as one of his weaker positions.
  • I also think Rostron should be captain, with McClelland vice - Rostron was captain when McClelland was signed, and the latter refused to take the captaincy off him even though offered it straight away.
  • Kenny Jackett should be able to play left-back and left midfield as well as his current positions.
  • I don't think Etienne Capoue should be there. In terms on midfielders in recent history who have been important, Almen Abdi has been much more influential. He would be my choice to replace Capoue.
  • Maybe make Ashley Young slightly younger seeing as he came through the academy. Just makes him one of the younger members of the selected squad.
  • Replace Juan Hernandez with Ross Jenkins, Watford's third-highest scorer of all time. 

I appreciate this is quite a lot, and I'll make the changes if you don't wish to after it's released, but I just want to help you make the best FM database as complete as it can be.

Thanks Fenech... I am supremely excited to play!

Hey Billybo_h

Fair enough with Galli, I have sent him back to Brescia where he played nearly 100 games... Duncan Welbourne has come in

Wilf Rostron was able to play on the left wing as well so I didnt need to adjust that. 

I have made Rostron the captain as indicated with McClelland as vice.

Kenny Jackett can now also play as left back and left midfield as well as his current positions.

Not sure I agree with Capoue, I thought about it as he has almost played 100 games for Watford now, which is more than Almen Abdi if you dont include Abdis appearences on loan, however as it is debatable, I have sent Capoue back to Toulouse and given you Almen Abdi. 

Ashley Young is now only 18 years old.

To be fair, I must have missed Juan Hernandez being there , as I wasnt including him in the squad so ive shipped him back to the Colombia Second Division,  And Ross Jenkins third all time scorer will be put in his place. 

If you check in the morning, the Watford Squad Photos should all be updated for you.

I hope that helps. :thup:

Fenech

57 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

With Arsenal, I believe you're missing Alex James, Ted Drake, Reg Lewis, David Jack and Frank McLintock

Hi Deisler,

None of those players are missing, they are just not at Arsenal. If you want to you can sign the players who are not at Arsenal :thup:

They have been coded to remember they played for Arsenal and hold the club in very high esteem.

However I will add Reg Lewis to the Arsenal Squad...  and I can't deny you Ted Drake either. I will also add David Jack to the Arsenal Squad.

Alex James is needed by Preston and Frank McLintock is needed by Leicester and both made over 100 appearances for those clubs before they joined Arsenal.

To compensate and balance out the squad, I am sending the young Walcott and Oxlade back to Southampton and I am sending David Herd to Stoke & Keiran Gibbs to Wimbledon

Thanks

Fenech

Edited by Fenech

nice work again on the DB :D

Its such a tough job allocating players to the right squads. I found myself saying why is 'he' here and not there, but when I looked at more squads you can see why

you have a couple of random strikers at Forest that I'd never heard off, so that was a nice little google session for me

are gary birltes and stan collymore in the youth team? I saw stan is listed as a club icon (any chance of a screenshot of the youth team?)

also is graham alexander in the preston youth team as I didn't see him in their squad, he was the only club icon I didn't see listed in the other squads

The England squad is the one that surprised me the most. Did you pick that yourself or is that how it came up? lots of unknown names to me in there, then Le Tissier & Clough who I would never expect to be there (IRL obvs)

Have you put the game on holiday for a few years to see how it all plays out?  is there much transfer activity? are the clubs happy to keep a young squad or do they buy in older players from some of the unedited clubs? 

The way you set all the player ages this year interests me a lot, knowing that they are all still yet to hit their prime 

Edited by Carninho

1 hour ago, Carninho said:

nice work again on the DB :D

Its such a tough job allocating players to the right squads. I found myself saying why is 'he' here and not there, but when I looked at more squads you can see why

you have a couple of random strikers at Forest that I'd never heard off, so that was a nice little google session for me

are gary birltes and stan collymore in the youth team? I saw stan is listed as a club icon (any chance of a screenshot of the youth team?)

also is graham alexander in the preston youth team as I didn't see him in their squad, he was the only club icon I didn't see listed in the other squads

The England squad is the one that surprised me the most. Did you pick that yourself or is that how it came up? lots of unknown names to me in there, then Le Tissier & Clough who I would never expect to be there (IRL obvs)

Have you put the game on holiday for a few years to see how it all plays out?  is there much transfer activity? are the clubs happy to keep a young squad or do they buy in older players from some of the unedited clubs? 

The way you set all the player ages this year interests me a lot, knowing that they are all still yet to hit their prime 

Hi Carninho,

Stan Collymore is 20 at Crystal Palace and Garry Birtles will be included in the forest squad in the next update

Graham Alexander isn't there and preston don't need him, this is the invicibles preston team that went the whole league and cup season unbeaten. 

He may also be included in a future update.

I am picking the England Squad myself to be honest, Le Tissier & Clough are both worthy picks in my opinion, Its actually a travesty le tiss didn't win more england caps than he did and Clough was a better footballer than he was a manager. He was such a good manager of course that people focus on his managerial career but in my research I obviously discovered he was an even better player!

That said, I could of probably picked an even better England squad but this is just for the purpose of showing some world cup games on here.

I have done extensive testing over many seasons and everything is perfect. I am very happy that it is ready for release. Transfer activity is booming..

Players cost less and wages are less too. You can buy players from the start. Clubs will sell and Players will go. 

Clubs buy and sell and mix the squads up a bit. There are not many 'premiership/championship standard' older players to buy tbh, as everyone 'who is anyone' is younger 

The reason i lowered the age is because someone asked that the legends be younger so that we have more time to enjoy them..

To be fair, if they are 21 years of age, they are not going to improve much more from where they are, it wasnt that i wanted them younger so they 'come' into their prime, it was more a case that we could enjoy them 'in their prime' for longer

obviously anyone below the age of 21 still have improvements to make and the younger the players are, the more improvements they will have to make. :thup:

I can guarantee that this years version is the best ever with over Double the Depth of previous years.

Edited by Fenech

2 hours ago, rivianputra said:

are these players in your squad:

- Albertini

- Nils Liedholm

- Giovanni Trapattoni

- Giovanni Lodetti

- Saul Malatrasi

- Alberigo evani

- Angelo Colombo

Hi Rivian,

All these players are in the database except for Nils Liedholm who is there but as Roma Manager

Thanks

Fenech

What are the club finances, player prices/wages like this year? Are the legends going to be priced out of the game for all but the elite given the huge wages and transfer fees in football and FM these days?

17 minutes ago, Weezer said:

What are the club finances, player prices/wages like this year? Are the legends going to be priced out of the game for all but the elite given the huge wages and transfer fees in football and FM these days?

Hi Weezer

Great Question. I have not touched Club Finances for the simple reason that if you e.g. give a club more money, then this has a bad effect on FFP unless you increase the sponsorships and if you start increasing finances and sponsorships, then it really does take away from the realistic nature and authenticity of the game. However there are NO Foreground Sugar Daddies in this game, so no oil e.g. as we are going back to 1880, these oligarchs and oilgarchs never existed. 

This is FM 1880 really in Hard Mode because it really does come down to tactics such is the quality on the pitch. Saying that, Wages and Transfer Values have been recoded completely so Wages are less and Player values are affordable. It is similar to the 2017 version in that regard, The legends are not priced out of the game and from the start, clubs will sell and as long as you are offering the player the level of football they want, players will go. 

Obviously in Hungary its like ringing the dinner bell, world class mighty magyars in a bumper sale as leagues like hungary just need the money and also bargains to be found all over the world here, esp in german third divison where clubs who used to be winners have slide down the leagues and never returned to former glories, there are bargains everywhere but yes, some clubs will demand money for top players like maradona, but pele is at santos so he should be reasonable enough...

Players cost less and wages are less but clubs individual finances have not been touched and foregrounds are gone. Unfortunately I cant change the greediness of agents. you can expect much better quality of regens worldwide and finally Brexit is removed. :thup:

Edited by Fenech

1 hour ago, InSp1RaT0R1950 said:

is it possible maybe for me to see Hajduk and Dinamo squad?

Sure, As I said I wont display them in the OP as they dont have full 25 man plus squads yet, but they will have in a future update. :thup:

Hajduk.png

Dinamo.png

Edited by Fenech

4 minutes ago, Klemme said:

Release day!!

BTW: what is Mark Viduka doing in Hajduk Splits squad?

He is not. He is in the DInamo squad

Edited by Fenech

Just now, Klemme said:

Ups. My bad.

Of course he can play there but I have always seen him as a Leeds legend. But I guess the Leeds squad is full.

Yes because of course the great Leeds of the seventies, the best team in England at the time and we are going back to 1880 - so he didnt quite make the squad this time around.

1 minute ago, Carninho said:

Haha Clough and Le Tissier are the only 2 mentioned, who am I to question your England squad !

I know amazing, we were talking about them and they were the ones who shone, interestingly neither player played in the final... I went for Drake instead of Clough as when the final arrived, he just wasnt fit enough. 

1 hour ago, izagooner said:

Picked Ipswich first match friendly versus Fulham ……. I won 8-0 :cool: was going to upload the highlights but the game froze so I lost it :seagull: promising start tho Tractor Boys for the champions league

Brilliant! Ipswich looking good and of course its the great late Bobby Robson who delivered much success with them.... uploading highlights doesn't work very well, So I use OBS Studio to record it instead... Go the Tractor Boys!! Let me know how you do...

Edited by Fenech

11 hours ago, aveago said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the legend count now? over 4000 is it?

It is over double the depth of the last version. So I have lost count but it is around that figure. :thup:

Edited by Fenech

What kind of effects have the extra amount of fabulous players for the ones that will not receive caps?

I mean, are they wanted just as much by the clubs, or forgotten?

I have a pretty decent laptop. Do you have any advise for which leagues and db setup to use, when you release this?

Edited by Jorgen

Just now, Jorgen said:

What kind of effects have the extra amount of fabulous players for the ones that will not receive caps?

Can you elaborate as i am not sure I understand the question fully?

5 minutes ago, Fenech said:

Can you elaborate as i am not sure I understand the question fully?

I mean; normally in real life a player's value goes up by playing great during international matches and more people know about a player when he has played at the world cup.
Now, with so many other players for the national team, a lot of great players will not be capped, or only now and then. Does this have any effect on transfers or player value?

1 minute ago, Jorgen said:

I mean; normally in real life a player's value goes up by playing great during international matches and more people know about a player when he has played at the world cup.
Now, with so many other players for the national team, a lot of great players will not be capped, or only now and then. Does this have any effect on transfers or player value?

Naturally it will have an effect now there may be players who would of been of a certain international/premiership standard and now may be a great player but not on that level or even at just a championship level. But you have all the major players since 1880 on the stage at the same time so this is bound to happen. However if a player is still great for their clubs and in the champions league it is still going to have a positive effect on the value. The value reflects the ability of the player in his current standing and that will of course fluctuate accordingly depending on his success within the game. this is normal too.

Of course great players who would of been capped in the normal game may not get another cap and it can also depend on the national managers squad selection, i may pick a certain team and you may pick completely different e.g. so its on a game by game basis...  :thup: Ultimately the players ability will determine the value though. and that is something which a player can gain as they develop, or lose as they age or get injured or if they dont get the game time or if they dont get the success etc etc and this is all normal.

The answer is yes. There are lots of new dutch players which was on your lists. I will research into the other players on your list and if any are missing, I will add them on in the next update if possible.

Edited by Fenech

This db makes things tough! Had no money for signings at the start of the season and was languishing around 15th-18th by November/December. Got given a wedge of cash by the board just before the January window though so strengthened with the signings of Jose Santamaria, John McPherson and Jozsef Bozsik. Since then I've won 3 of my last 4 and climbed to 11th in the table.

It's nice to play a good old fashioned 442 now as well with the plethora of traditional wingers and more 'old school' target men or poacher style forwards available in this db. None of this poncey cutting inside, gegenpressing or false nine nonsense :D 

269069031_PremierLeague_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.5b562c9297e8d6c175b5ffba98843239.png

21 minutes ago, Weezer said:

This db makes things tough! Had no money for signings at the start of the season and was languishing around 15th-18th by November/December. Got given a wedge of cash by the board just before the January window though so strengthened with the signings of Jose Santamaria, John McPherson and Jozsef Bozsik. Since then I've won 3 of my last 4 and climbed to 11th in the table.

It's nice to play a good old fashioned 442 now as well with the plethora of traditional wingers and more 'old school' target men or poacher style forwards available in this db. None of this poncey cutting inside, gegenpressing or false nine nonsense :D 

269069031_PremierLeague_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.5b562c9297e8d6c175b5ffba98843239.png

:thup: exactly it is back to the old days and old school Football Manager. Say hello to an abundance of sweepers as well.