The Addition of Spanish Lower Leagues (HELP thread)

Hello!

First apologize to the English-speaking users, for my horrible English.

I am working on making the complete pyramid of the Spanish leagues, it would be up to 9th level.
At the moment the database is created with the clubs, more than 4000 :idiot:, and their respective regional competitions.
This is how easy.
Now I am editing the rules so that the system can work.
And I'm have problems.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/stats/1303325418

In some competitions they are divided into groups. My question is: How to make the composition of these groups with certain teams for a specific year?

For example. That in the year 2017 Group 1 are the teams A, C, H, K, ..., in Group 2 the teams B, S, T, ... and in Group 3 the teams E, I, J , ...

2º In Spain, there are two leagues in level 5 (Ceuta and Melilla) where the winner of the league promotes only if there are no teams from that city (Ceuta or Melilla) in that level. Is ist possible to create this rule?

Thanks for your help and your participation.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried this? I have (re)created the Premier League International Cup including the group team draw. Although the main difference is that I used "Get registered teams for year and comp" in stage 0 -> Teams but that does not work for normal divisions.

1. I have registered teams the same (including info).
5a56507f664c8_Registeredteamswithinfo.thumb.png.7a8d817982844433551e49bf714e7910.png

2. Set group settings a bit different then you have. Year 0, Group 0 (is the first group), specific team - none, "All registered teams with match info"is 0. Repeat and add a number for each group.
5a5651324666f_Stage0groupsettings.thumb.png.d832c1aa856d61f59033389044003f49.png

If this does not work, try to add "get registered teams for comp and year" to "Stage 0 - teams" above "get all teams from division". The game draws from top to bottom so it wil first check registered teams, in second year no registered teams are available and it will draw teams from the division.

Did it work?

By the way, if group draw is supposed to be random then for the following years you have to change something in your "Stage 0 -> Teams". Because the game works in a way that it draws the team with highest reputation first, lowest reputation last. So if you have 4 groups for example then the first group will be filled with the best teams and the fourth group with the worst teams.

To get around this problem is fairly easy because of the new "team pool" SI added.
- In "Stage 0 -> Team Pool" you only tick the upper box and add "get all teams from division".
- From "stage 0 -> teams" you remove "get all teams from division" and replace it with "get random teams from Team Pool".

That is the best way to make sure the game draws random teams into each group.

@Slabbekoorn Yes, the groups are formed with the selected teams. Thank you very much. In relation to the formation of the groups for the next season, it is organized through regions / regions north south. Thank you very mucha again for the attention and your time.

image.thumb.png.5b9d7b1a100961507d571d4ffbd67d0d.png

The settings are fine, so it's probably the stage 1 and the "Top Playoff Rules" you've set isn't it? Stage 1 is a playoff and you used "Top Playoff Rules"? If so, to fix this has to be easy. You could try 1 and if it fails then 2.

1. Set "Stage 0 -> League Settings (All Groups) -> Qualification Rules, untick "Number of Top Places" but use (and tick box) "Top Place Offset" and set to 0, same goes to "Bottom Place Offset" (set to 0).

The  thing is, which is my guess, is that you've already used "Top Playoff Rules" to link to "Stage 1" so if you use "Number of top places" in "Qualification Rules" then Stage 0 is handing out multiple qualification rules to the same teams. Which means that stage 1 and 2 are drawing from the same teams so it won't work because the game draws stage 1 before stage 2. If you set to "Top Place Offset" and "Bottom Place Offset" then it qualifies using specific positions the team finished instead of the top places, in you're case you qualify the team that is in first place (which in the editor is 0).

If this does not work then you could always try the following:
2. Change your "Stage 2 -> Teams", remove what you have now and use "Get league stage teams (in final positions)", "Stage - leag". "Top position - 0" and "Bottom position - 0".

Using this the game does not draw teams in league stage using qualified stage teams but it draws the teams straight from the group standings. There are multiple ways to draw teams using the editor and if one does not work then I always try the other. Let me know if you solved it!

@Slabbekoorn Thank you very much again :applause:, it seems to work, at least the editor, so far I have not tried the game. I verifiable in the game. I did not know that the stages were, so to speak, chained phases, I thought they were independent. Thank you again for the help. (I had been trying everything for three days:lol:).

En 11/1/2018 a las 16:38, Slabbekoorn dijo:

Did it work?

By the way, if group draw is supposed to be random then for the following years you have to change something in your "Stage 0 -> Teams". Because the game works in a way that it draws the team with highest reputation first, lowest reputation last. So if you have 4 groups for example then the first group will be filled with the best teams and the fourth group with the worst teams.

To get around this problem is fairly easy because of the new "team pool" SI added.
- In "Stage 0 -> Team Pool" you only tick the upper box and add "get all teams from division".
- From "stage 0 -> teams" you remove "get all teams from division" and replace it with "get random teams from Team Pool".

That is the best way to make sure the game draws random teams into each group.

This was what I told you to order the groups in the following seasons:

image.thumb.png.613ed2cf30479908a9d2dff949c7f709.png

Nice to hear! Btw you can keep qualification rules but it is purely cosmetic. Just use first option I gave you in my last post.

Also don't forget to untick "Top teams are champions" in "stage 0" "League settings (all groups".

And then in "stage 2" go to "Fate actions" and give "winner" of "round name (final I suppose)" is "champion" in "stage - leag".

So that the winner of the champions playoff will be registered as the division champion. If you can't find it I'll post screenshots when I'm in the editor.

Nice, I fixed it for you. All you need to do now is add those teams to the stages. You left a space open for them but they won't draw the teams unless you tell them to.

Go to "stage 1" -> "teams" and add "Get qualified teams from stage" "stage 0".
5a5ce7f43ddce_Stage1teams.thumb.png.8411d7c738d0773c58eec1d5f88d8ee0.png

And go to "stage 3" -> "teams" and add "Get qualified teams from stage" "stage 2" 

5a5ce828d240d_stage3teams.thumb.png.6edff5bcb94162f69b0d44e1e99af66e.png

This should fix it for you. The division verified in my file so it also should in yours.

@Florian von Saltes No problem mate. And don't forget that drawing teams is as important as qualifying them. I can't remember how many times I got those teams in limbo giving the everlasting "Season update day" error. Especially irritating because you've put so much work into your file, it's a shame if it would go to waste.

Btw, that is one hell of a file. I've never made so many competitions in one file.

It was verified before, but I had to change it because the teams did not fit into their respective regional groups. For that reason I am changing the "unique" competitions for group competitions that contain several groups, and thus avoid the dispersion of the teams and that decompensen the number of teams of said "groups". In reality there are competitions that do not have a clear criterion of composition and vary from one year to the next.

https://www.fmsite.net/files/file/692-divisiones-regionales-de-españa/

@TH3 K1LL3R The league system in Spain is different from Portugal, for example in Andalusia there are two groups one for Western Andalusia and another for Eastern Andalusia (18 teams each, total 32) after that level would come provincial (in Portugal districts) Huelva, Seville, Cádiz, Córdoba, Jaén, Málaga, Granada and Almería, and depending on the province can have a single group or several, for the number of teams involved.

in portugal, at provincial level in real life is also related with number of teams.

the system since 2012/2013 have some big differences, but have some common fundations.

my question had a point. in portugal exists one division (at level 5) for FA angra do heroismo (in azores) that have 3 groups, and each group represents a island. i'm not able to do each island for each group.

for example 12 teams in 3 groups, should be 3 - 3 - 6, but the game turns into 4 - 4 - 4.

its not possible to do 3 separate groups, because winners play a playoff to set who gets promoted

@Florian von Saltes is right. You also need to add individual group rules otherwise the game will just give each group equal teams.

1. Go to "stage x" (wherever you have the group) -> "Group Settings". Make sure that the box "number of teams per group" is unticked.5a5e3b138aa15_leaguesettingsallgroups.thumb.png.62f946b8f722a269215b6a74c4373dc4.png

2. Go to "stage x" -> "Individual Group Rules" -> press add to add individual group rules, in your case 3 times.
5a5e3b58745d8_addindividualgrouprules.thumb.png.0a096f7c248a43cb109046d3e94e6eb1.png

3. Go to those individual group rules and add, "group index" is 0 for first group, "number of teams per group" is 3 (in your case, in my example 4). Now you can give another group custom number of teams. The second group will need "Group index - 1" and "Number of teams per group - 3". Your last group needs "Group index - 2" and "number of teams per group - 6" .
5a5e3c0bcb775_addindividualgroup1.thumb.png.35c4a7662447e1db261b1a33844f5c2d.png

@Slabbekoorn  and with the new group definition, if i set local region for each group + minimun teams and maximum teams, in future years always stay together the teams from the same island.

i will give a try, thanks

@Florian von Saltes  i have change the standard local regions to match to provincial level

_FMPT Portugal Completo V1_.fmf

This should do the trick:

1. Go to "Stage x" -> "Group settings" and from the dropdown menu "Rules" choose/tick "Regionalise Groups" (you can untick the other one).
5a5e5ffd03abe_Groupsettings-Rules.thumb.png.6d0d02122a8f493f68abdbca252edd56.png

2. Next in the same settings, tick "Group regions (New system)" and fill it in accordingly. You can use either 1 of 3 (but not combined). In your case "Local region" would be the best.
5a5e60bcacb86_GroupSettings-Regions(Newsystem).thumb.png.dd813eee688cf42ed363e1d6848c79bd.png

This should do the trick. But you should test this in-game because I have never used this before myself so I can't verify it for you.

@Slabbekoorn Thank you.

But there is one thing that gives me doubt
In the Parent League, there is this option
:

image.thumb.png.0ede80a2b41b38dbe2a36adf49c09097.png

But it also appears this (this is the one that less clear I have what it works for)

image.thumb.png.bdbb2151189046dfd7be35ab52ef88f7.png

Which is also found in the Child League

image.thumb.png.6f9407b6418285171da626fdcdb22a2f.png

And I think I understand that it is related to the leagues and levels that appear here

image.thumb.png.b6c9d0f82084f6d78f9fb0045a180023.png

I understand but what you're looking at that's a step above groups because it's for competitions whenever you have a parent competition with multiple child competitions.

The group sorting I posted about is about different groups within one of these competitions.

Archived