Sports Interactive Community
jujigatame

Choppy match engine with very powerful PC?

I just bought a new PC a few months ago with a 1080 Ti graphics card.  It played GTA5 smooth as silk but the FM18 match engine is extremely choppy, to the point where it unpleasant to watch.  Has anyone else experienced this?

57 minutes ago, jujigatame said:

I just bought a new PC a few months ago with a 1080 Ti graphics card.  It played GTA5 smooth as silk but the FM18 match engine is extremely choppy, to the point where it unpleasant to watch.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Is it a Nvidia graphics card if so there's a known issue with high end cards. There's a thread in the match engine bug forum at the top.

As @Spedding has said, this is a known issue and SI are in discussion with NVidia to try and resolve this

same here, my pc is too good apparently. cant play on the resolution i want either

if they are still in discussion about it this late after release im not holding my breathe for a fix this version

Thanks, I posted on the bug thread with my symptoms.  I took some measures to reduce the stutter but it seems ridiculous that I have to do this with a high-end system.

Has the "set v-sync to 'fast' in the nvidia control panel" solution worked for people here?  I can try it when I get home.  I also get stuttering during the SI intro screen which I don't really care about, but is a potentially related issue.

19 hours ago, jujigatame said:

yep, same card and same problem as you unfortunately.  I'm running 144hz screen too and aparently this can cause issues too?