Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
knap

ARGUS 343 Knap FM18

Recommended Posts

Second season with Middlesbrough after promotion from championship to Premier League. Now time to spend some money after getting into champions league on the get go!

 

 

20180326161959_1.jpg

20180326162108_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of tactics still work from FM 16 but I did update in the FM 18 4231 thread. It was an online game versus situation and the person using a Goodbye Barcelona 4231 was winning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started using this with Roma, still leaking a lot of goals though. Finding most matches I concede at least 1-2.

Any ideas? Definitely finding since the transfer update the 5-2-3 isn't as successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, knap said:

Are you using updated tactic? Are you winning?

Yeah using the updated version, I am winning but finding that drawing a lot more than I'd like. Its like 9 out of 10 opposition attacks result in a goal. Regardless of how good the opposition is. No doubt some exaggeration there but its no where near as effective as it used to be before this transfer update that they claim didn't have any ME changes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 15:05, Jamieac said:

5ab2745b5f6f1_ScreenShot2018-03-21at14_46_55.thumb.png.977895c1df3470f41f8c055804b35261.png

First season in the prem, I have won every league on the first attempt with Knap tactics and I'm hopeful I can continue this in the prem.  

Update

5abd225dd4321_ScreenShot2018-03-29at18_26_59.thumb.png.c1bab6e21be0ffd63b7c681f33e15a23.png

 

Won the League cup and I'm in the FA Cup final against Spurs next.  

In a normal season, this points tally would have won me the league but Man U were ridiculously consistent.  They trolled me at the end of the season losing their first 2 games of the season in a row after already securing the title. Think I will try strikerless Argus next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great tactic, pulled my inconsistent season around with a newly promoted millwall team to the prem 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as an update, while I was struggling a bit with Dortmund in my first season the second season was as amazing as I remember this tactic, beating Barca in the final of the CL easily with 4-1.

The only tactics that really give me a tiny bit of trouble are the 4-2-3-1 formations which double up on my WB, since they are always without help it's kinda difficult to manage these situations at times. Still I usually manage to outscore these teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knap, using this one in FMT. Any additional setting for individual player instructions? If so, can you post them. Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knap said:

So you paste into Paint, and then illustrate.

knap,  not sure what you're trying to do. Do you want to highlight those matches with a rectangle like this?

5abf59463b8d3_wallfix.jpg.579be56a96b69cbafd412741d3d6e252.thumb.jpg.3d5f9bc90e65390415feea98b04113a9.jpg

If so then in Paint, go to Shapes options up top, choose the rectangle/square icon & select the color(s) or your choice at the top right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:12, solounamigo said:

Yeah, in the CL final vs Chelsea and it worked great (control) :)

I'm about to start a new save with some underdog team, will give the control for away games a go and post it here how it goes.

 

how did this go mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If looking for an underdog tactic, I can post the MR L FM 16 tactic, similar to Midsomer and Volante.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@knap which one of your tactics would you say does the best against 4-2-3-1 wide that the AI managers usually play and causes this formation more trouble than anything else? Maybe your 4-4-2? Would probably help with the overload on the wings through pushing up wingbacks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to match AI then 4231 or 442 and Volante. A difficult 4231 to play against is GOODBYE BARCELONA and ARGUS 343 does well against this tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a BIG THANK YOU, @knap

First season with your tactic and... it's a magical one!

I'm using Argus 18.3 version but with control mentality in both home and away "hard" matches. 

Results:

Winning both Barcelona - with 10 players from the 26th minute 3-0 till 85' !!!! - and Chelsea at home , winning Shakhtar home 3-1 and away 0-6!!

 

Finishing 1st in my group!!!

Just amazing!!!

Also in Greek Superleague I have 13 straight wins!

Thank you again man!!

PS

1. In some "easy" matches I've tested BM 4-3-3 but I don't thing is better than Argus, so I use in two slot Argus and ASH 343 v104 in the last one...

2. Quick question: Which player do I have to substitute when I get a red card?

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.39.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.32.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.19.59.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.33.26.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, knap said:

Usually poacher positon.

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, but the STCL/R or the central one? I usually substitute the L or R, not the central...

Also, when the MCL takes a yellow card, as he has BWM role and I can't order him to "Easy off tackles", I order him to not "Mark tight". Is it ok or I have to change his role or substitute him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The poacher is the middle one.

A sub would be best option, but I do not bother changing,, otherwise change to DLP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, blasphemy21 said:

Just a BIG THANK YOU, @knap

First season with your tactic and... it's a magical one!

I'm using Argus 18.3 version but with control mentality in both home and away "hard" matches. 

Results:

Winning both Barcelona - with 10 players from the 26th minute 3-0 till 85' !!!! - and Chelsea at home , winning Shakhtar home 3-1 and away 0-6!!

 

Finishing 1st in my group!!!

Just amazing!!!

Also in Greek Superleague I have 13 straight wins!

Thank you again man!!

PS

1. In some "easy" matches I've tested BM 4-3-3 but I don't thing is better than Argus, so I use in two slot Argus and ASH 343 v104 in the last one...

2. Quick question: Which player do I have to substitute when I get a red card?

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.39.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.32.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.19.59.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.33.26.png

hi mate looking good here did you let asst manager do training or did you do it if so what steps you do ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For FM purposes Spurs are more difficult to set up a tactic with,, so tend to be more multi purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knap I have two questions. Is the central defender the only difference beetween this version and 18.3 version? Why in this tactic poacher is Alli instead of Kane, in the version 18.3 is Icardi? ( sorry for my english but i hope you understand)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be the major change. I let AM pick, as anyone can use this method, and also picks Kane as CF S rather than CF A in the Volante tactic I am using. You can of course change from AM pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2018 at 17:15, knap said:

For FM purposes Spurs are more difficult to set up a tactic with,, so tend to be more multi purpose.

Would you still use it for underdog teams though ? I always thought Spurs were more of a sub top side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a sub top can win PL with 100pts then there is a potential to win PL with an underdog with 90pts or stay up with 80 pts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Knap, like many other folks on here, thank you for all your hard work in producing these tactics. As a dad of two (one 3yr old and other only 3 months), my time in the evening can be quite limited when it comes to tactics and formations, so to be able use yours has certainly helped. 

So apologies if you’ve been asked this already. I am managing Rangers on FMT and in my first season used argus 343/352 and blue matter 343. I won everything that season and lost one game in the euro cup. However now that I’m in the champions league (with Rangers) the opposition has stepped up a notch. I was playing Bayern Munich and they smashed me 5-0 (they were using 4231). It seemed every time they got the ball, the speed that the team moved at was exceptional, and they made my lot look tired and cumbersome. So after that and using a few different formations (I then the likes of midsomer 442 on the counter) I tried again to match them but still ended up with a drubbing.

So my question is;  is  there a formation you would recommend that could at least contain/or stop me getting pumped by the bigger teams.  I’m not looking to beat them 3 or 4 nil away from home but to be able to compete would help.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dragosani said:

Hi Knap, like many other folks on here, thank you for all your hard work in producing these tactics. As a dad of two (one 3yr old and other only 3 months), my time in the evening can be quite limited when it comes to tactics and formations, so to be able use yours has certainly helped. 

So apologies if you’ve been asked this already. I am managing Rangers on FMT and in my first season used argus 343/352 and blue matter 343. I won everything that season and lost one game in the euro cup. However now that I’m in the champions league (with Rangers) the opposition has stepped up a notch. I was playing Bayern Munich and they smashed me 5-0 (they were using 4231). It seemed every time they got the ball, the speed that the team moved at was exceptional, and they made my lot look tired and cumbersome. So after that and using a few different formations (I then the likes of midsomer 442 on the counter) I tried again to match them but still ended up with a drubbing.

So my question is;  is  there a formation you would recommend that could at least contain/or stop me getting pumped by the bigger teams.  I’m not looking to beat them 3 or 4 nil away from home but to be able to compete would help.

 

Cheers

I have a 523 tweak I use for hard away games, it might be what you're looking for... I can PM it to you if you're interested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Augustin1979 said:

I have a 523 tweak I use for hard away games, it might be what you're looking for... I can PM it to you if you're interested?

That would be  cool mate!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played this game last night. Lppol may have the edge in this final

5ade56cf3c6ec_Screenshot(149).thumb.png.017a53eb4b83443c3efdbc4b101044ca.png

 

However in the final against Real Madrid I used Control and then Counter. Changing mentality can help when up against a better team.

5ade589e4d8a8_Screenshot(139).thumb.png.28d262aaf4a7cd987ae962bc609cc9e1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dragosani said:

That would be  cool mate!
 

Hi Mate...On FMT can you tell me what "Team Training" you use...or do you leave it to your assistant manager?

Edited by ruudvanwarren
Mis spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, knap said:

Played this game last night. Lppol may have the edge in this final

5ade56cf3c6ec_Screenshot(149).thumb.png.017a53eb4b83443c3efdbc4b101044ca.png

 

However in the final against Real Madrid I used Control and then Counter. Changing mentality can help when up against a better team.

5ade589e4d8a8_Screenshot(139).thumb.png.28d262aaf4a7cd987ae962bc609cc9e1.png

Hey Knap...At what point did you flip to counter as all the goals came in the second half? After they were all scored before the goals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was about 3 -0 - so protecting the lead, but RM were all out attack by then so got caught on break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruudvanwarren said:

Hi Mate...On FMT can you tell me what "Team Training" you use...or do you leave it to your assistant manager?

I have it on ball control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dragosani said:

I have it on ball control.

Cheers for getting back to me so quick. I myself play FMT for the same reasons you do...family/work life is too hectic to put the hours into the full version. 

Is ball control just a personal preference or did you read up on it from a given forum? Thanks again mate... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started with the team cohesion thing but decided that due to the way the formation worked, that maybe ball control would be better (well working on the asumption that if we had better control/iuse of the ball then maybe they wouldnt give it aweay so much).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ruudvanwarren said:

Cheers for getting back to me so quick. I myself play FMT for the same reasons you do...family/work life is too hectic to put the hours into the full version. 

Is ball control just a personal preference or did you read up on it from a given forum? Thanks again mate... 

whether it works, i dont know, but it makes me happy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I leave it to AM as dynamic depending on next game.

It depends on how you want to mange game, but away to MC with 20 mins to go counter may be a good choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still having great success with this tactic in my new Fiorentina save, Chiesa and Simeone are on fire. My cm's are struggling for consistency. Are there any players you recommend or what are the key stats. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...