Sports Interactive Community
knap

ARGUS 343 Knap FM18

My 4th season was far better Knap! I finished 2nd! :) :)  Thanks for helping me out.

un2xd9m.png

The best independently tested tactic over 180 games using sub top and under dogs teams is ARGUS 343 FM 18.2.2 P102.

ARGUS is Structured WOF 343 is Flexible GOODBYE Very Fluid PILGRIMAGE Fluid and ASH Very Structured.

19 hours ago, knap said:

The best independently tested tactic over 180 games using sub top and under dogs teams is ARGUS 343 FM 18.2.2 P102.

ARGUS is Structured WOF 343 is Flexible GOODBYE Very Fluid PILGRIMAGE Fluid and ASH Very Structured.

Cheers must have read your mind as i downloaded FM18.2.2 before i posted this been using FM18.2.1 P101 with my Wolves save and doing well with it tbh.

Will use the other next season.

PS any tips for training pre-season then start of season cheers

Another season nearly over secured the title again two seasons in a row and another champions league final to look forward to.

Great work knapp.

Looking forward to using your best tactic for next season with these signings 

Screenshot (150).png

Screenshot (151).png

Screenshot (152).png

Screenshot (153).png

I can't for the live of me get any of these tactics to work. What I am confused with (and please believe me I am not bashing your tactics, it is merely a question out of frustration) is that your tactics appear to either state they are meant for certain updates of FM18 -- 18.2.1; 18.2.2; 18.3.3 and so on, but I -- as I thought everybody was -- am running the final version, 18.3.4. Forgive my ignorance, but would a tactic meant for 18.2.2 not work with a latter update that may have changed aspects of the match engine? I have tried all your tactics, particually the fabled Argus 343 18.2.2 P102 I've read about in the comments to no effect. I have little, if no possession of the ball, one, may be two shots which are seldom on target, and end up being beaten badly by far lesser teams. I don't expect to win every game -- even with your tactics -- as that would take the fun out of the game entirely, but clearly something has gone wrong with the tactics and my game. I'm sorry to put a stain on your tactic, and as I stated I am not bashing it at all; I would just like to know what I am doing differently.

Edited by Leoben

43 минуты назад, Leoben сказал:

I can't for the live of me get any of these tactics to work. What I am confused with (and please believe me I am not bashing your tactics, it is merely a question out of frustration) is that your tactics appear to either state they are meant for certain updates of FM18 -- 18.2.1; 18.2.2; 18.3.3 and so on, but I -- as I thought everybody was -- am running the final version, 18.3.4. Forgive my ignorance, but would a tactic meant for 18.2.2 not work with a latter update that may have changed aspects of the match engine? I have tried all your tactics, particually the fabled Argus 343 18.2.2 P102 I've read about in the comments to no effect. I have little, if no possession of the ball, one, may be two shots which are seldom on target, and end up being beaten badly by far lesser teams. I don't expect to win every game -- even with your tactics -- as that would take the fun out of the game entirely, but clearly something has gone wrong with the tactics and my game. I'm sorry to put a stain on your tactic, and as I stated I am not bashing it at all; I would just like to know what I am doing differently.

Set team training Team Cohesion(or teamwork I dont know how in English) HIGH for 4-5 weeks before season and balanced average during season. If you didnt use Team cohesion before season, set it in during season for 3 weeks and then turn to Balansed average. 

Set individual training on the same roles that in tactic with High intensity (may be more injuries, but result will be better. 

If you play in Instant result, sign assistant with high Man Managment 15+.

The FM version say FM 18.2.2 is just when I set up the tactic. The FM 18.2.2 P102 was the best independently tested tactic over 180 games, which is why I recommend using that particular tactic.

If you can send me your save and I will take a look at what may be wrong.

Make sure your AM is set for all training press team talks etc except OIs as there should be none.

I was not expecting such fast replies. I have unfortunately deleted the save as frustration made me momentarily insane; howver, I was only two months into a new save, anyway. I'll give it another go with the AM this time earning his pay. When playing away, is it wise to attack, or should I change the mentality?

28 minutes ago, Dersturmer said:

Set team training Team Cohesion(or teamwork I dont know how in English) HIGH for 4-5 weeks before season and balanced average during season. If you didnt use Team cohesion before season, set it in during season for 3 weeks and then turn to Balansed average. 

Set individual training on the same roles that in tactic with High intensity (may be more injuries, but result will be better. 

If you play in Instant result, sign assistant with high Man Managment 15+.

Try this 

https://fmguido.com/setting-up-training-football-manager/

1 hour ago, Leoben said:

https://fmguido.com/setting-up-training-football-manager/

Okay training set up with help of comments above -- thanks to all.  First friendly Newcastle United (my team) vs the under 23s, something I always do when they return from their hol's. Going with FM18.2.2 Argus 343 again with the first goal scored by my team after 16 seconds. 2-0 just past nine minutes and still very much in control. I know is only the under 23s, but I am more interested in the movement of the ball and players and so far its working well. It finish 5-1 with the conceding goal coming from a missing header. In the coming weeks I'll play through the rest of my friendlies, playing teams of equal stature.

hello Knap

What's the best tactic to use now? you have so many its hard to keep up lol

Overview of Tactic List from testing                                  TOTAL                       SUB TOP    UNDERDOG

ARGUS FM 18.2.2       P102                                                    P385                          P206        P179  

PILGRIMAGE FM 18.3.3 LPOOL P104                                  P380                            P226       P154

WOF FM 18.3.3  P101  Flexible                                              P381                           P213          P168

WOF FM 18.3.3 LPOOL P100 ALL CUPS                                P365                          P196          P169

PILGRIMAGE Fluid  LPOOL P101                                           P367                          P201           P166

PILGRIMAGE FM 18.2 P105                                                   P357                          P218           P139

ARGUS VOL 4 FM18.3.3  Structured  P101 ALL CUPS       P363                          P220           P143

BLUE MATTER    FM 18.3.3 P105                                         P356                           P207           P149

GOODBYE FM 18.3 VOL 7 Very Fluid                                  P349                           P208          P141

GOODBYE 3421                                                                     P324                          P205         P119

MIDSOMER 442 P103 (FLAT TEST)                                      P349                          P199         P150

MIDSOMER 442 VOL MEZ                                                    P342                          P196         P146 

MIDSOMER 343 VOL MEZ                                                    P337                          P195        P142

WOF 2323    FM 18   P104                                                    P335                          P187         P148

BLUE MATTER FM 18.3 VOL 4 P102     352                       P335                           P206         P129

ASH 343 19,3.3 LPOOLP99 Highly Structured                 P333                           P205       P128

ARGUS 3430                                                                          P331                          P192         P139

VOLANTE BWM FM 18.3 P101                                           P326                            P191         P135

MM  442 VOLANTE P103                                                    P323                            P187        P136

WOF 3412                                                                            P325                             P198         P127

WOF 2233 P102HS         FM 18.2                                      P311                             P194         P117

BLUE MATTER VOL 4 P100 4123 FM 18.2.1                  P310                             P179         -P131

MMVOLANTEANCHOR            442                                   P302                            P165           P127

ARGUS 352 18.2,2 P101                                                   P306                            P169            P137

BLUE MATTER 433 18.3                                                    P295                             P158           P137

BLUE MATTER VOL 4 4213 VOLANTE 18.3                     P289                            P184            P105

PILGRIMAGE 3511 18.2.2 P102                                       P297                            P181            P116

PILGRIMAGE 451 MUP101 18.3.3                                    P293                           P169          P124

MIDSOMER WIDE DIAMOND   18.3                                P287                            P175            P112

RAMBLE ON ASYMMETRIC18,3 P100                             P287                           P169            P118     

RAW SIENNA 4231 18,2,2                                                 P272                           P147             P125 

Concerning: ARGUS FM 18.2.2 P102 -- I am having trouble with the poacher; the tactic is so far very solid, but this position (playing as an underdog, Newcastle), regardless of who I use, always has poor ratings. Any advice? Would changing the role to CF/S help, or some other support role to link with the central midfield?

The only statistic that matters is result. Just train as Poacher and changing role is likely to be detrimental to tactic.

Okay. Well results into new season is 3 games and 3 wins, one game being against Man Utd, so I can't complain.

On 15/02/2019 at 17:13, that\'s life said:

Cheers must have read your mind as i downloaded FM18.2.2 before i posted this been using FM18.2.1 P101 with my Wolves save and doing well with it tbh.

Will use the other next season.

PS any tips for training pre-season then start of season cheers

So far so good Knapp Using this now without Opposite Instructions WIN WIN .

Summary of players brought in and SOLD,Jimenez to Real 36m not played a game wth now not needed do i buy him back the fans at Wolves loved him .

Screenshot (158).png

Screenshot (159).png

Screenshot (160).png

Sorry is the link for Argus 102 working fine for everyone? ive downloaded it,put it in the tactics folder,but not showing up in game???

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :thup:

Just tried another off this thread & it didn’t show up either,it must be something I’m doing. Any ideas? Would the update affect it? 

The only recent update is for FM 19 and these are FM 18 Tactics.

:seagull:  I assumed these were updated for FM19 LOL!!!!

Do you have a list of best tactics for FM19 mate?

Cant believe I got that so wrong :idiot:

If recent update then you will be on 19.3. At the moment only 1 tactic for 19.3 and 2 for 19.3 beta. Otherwise all 19.2 and above tactics should still work.

Forgive me for being stupid again mate but you say above I thought they were all FM18 tactics? 

Do these tactics work on the full game or just football manager touch

FMT for PC is same ME. MU Results are full game Lpool FMT

I used ARGUS 343 to take Billericay up to PL in Full Game, so works in both as same ME.

Ok thank you. I still play fm18(with updates) just wanted to try something new. 

Le 06/03/2019 à 20:28, Lee99 a dit :

Ok thank you. I still play fm18(with updates) just wanted to try something new. 

hello is there an update with the update transfer of summer 2019

42 minutes ago, sebast83 said:

hello is there an update with the update transfer of summer 2019

At FM18? I don't think so

Basically i use your tactics because as far as im concerned their the best in fm18 My Results are from the 4-1 defeat at Bor Munch

The 18.2.2 P102 is considered best version, and the tactic I used with Billericay.

On 14/04/2019 at 22:43, knap said:

The 18.2.2 P102 is considered best version, and the tactic I used with Billericay.

I know mate have you screenshots with this team.

But im having great success with the one i posted never ever had goals conceded less than other of your tactics

Screenshot (177).png

Screenshot (178).png

I don't check, so fired up a FM 18 Save and 3 different tactics and nearly 100%.

1076238674_Screenshot(1906).thumb.png.67aecfe8d088db876cde23efbc25b1c6.png

Posted (edited)
On 27/04/2019 at 23:11, knap said:

I don't check, so fired up a FM 18 Save and 3 different tactics and nearly 100%.

1076238674_Screenshot(1906).thumb.png.67aecfe8d088db876cde23efbc25b1c6.png

Cheers how do you know roughly when it's 90% want to try something new 

Edited by that\'s life

I would just plug it in without bothering to check.

5 minutes ago, knap said:

I would just plug it in without bothering to check.

Going with this 92% in tactic thank's anyway 

Screenshot (181).png

Hi all.

Thank you for a great tactic Knap.

What team training is everyone using.

Thanks

I took Billericay to PL without touching training.

This is from last year (FM17) with regard to training

PRE-SEASON

general training -TEAM COHESION HIGH 

scheduling 50% (no rest before-no rest after match)

match preparation = MATCH TACTICS

before the 1st game of the season 

general training -BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before -REST after match)

keep 50% match preparation MATCH TACTICS until 100% fluid,

after that the training should be like this

general training BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before- REST after match)

10 or 20 % ( i prefer 10%) match preparation (whatever you like, it depends from the opponent - except match tactics and teamwork , its pointless to use these because when you have 100% fluid your players have good understanding)

this till the end of the season , of course if you buy some players in January you drop the familiarity and you must again adjust the scheduling to 50% and match tactics