Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
knap

ARGUS 343 Knap FM18

Recommended Posts

It followed a discussion that basic non fluid tactics are better for Lower League. This is a structured basic tactic with control mentality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knap, this one is an awsome piece of gold. :)

I didn't play many matches so far, but I wasn't happy with my save and gave the control one a go.

I tested it for 12 matches (10 W / 1 D / 1 L) with Hannover 96 (they've got a very bad squad):

(I started to use the tactic vs Hertha BSC)

20180108202555_1.thumb.jpg.763a9b9e6f2616b728304c46ff4f1683.jpg

Edited by solounamigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, solounamigo said:

Knap, this one is an awsome piece of gold. :)

I didn't play many matches so far, but I wasn't happy with my save and gave the control one a go.

I tested it for 12 matches (10 W / 1 D / 1 L) with Hannover 96 (they've got a very bad squad):

(I started to you the tactic vs Hertha BSC)

20180108202555_1.thumb.jpg.763a9b9e6f2616b728304c46ff4f1683.jpg

I believe Hannover 96 was predicted to finnish last (18th), so those are really amazing results. Although in my save with Dortmund they came pretty high on the table.

Maybe this structure shaped tactic works better in LLM as well as for underdogs in first leagues.

Would be interesting to test it with other low predicted teams in other leagues (for example Benevento in Italy...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmm, interesting.  I'm currently using goodbye 3-4-3 on a Crystal Place save.  only second season but it is almost an unrecognizable team with lots of wonder kids, and we struggle for consistency (especially away from home).  I'm wondering if using a structured tactic might be better for younger/less experienced players where their role is more clearly defined.  Will give this a go tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the difference between the 2 in OP, sorry if it's obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 14 Stunden schrieb Chief Scout:

I believe Hannover 96 was predicted to finnish last (18th), so those are really amazing results. Although in my save with Dortmund they came pretty high on the table.

Maybe this structure shaped tactic works better in LLM as well as for underdogs in first leagues.

Would be interesting to test it with other low predicted teams in other leagues (for example Benevento in Italy...).

That's true, but the squad of Hannover is hard to handle, because they don't have any good strikers except of Martin Harnik.

After this season Liverpool and Hoffenheim both offered me a job. I've decided to go to Liverpool to rebuild their squad. They finished 7th in the first season so there's no international football in my first season.

So far signed Dele Alli, Donnarumma and Naby Keita. Sold Coutinho, Lallana, Can and Mignolet.

The transfer window is still opened; can not wait to continue my save tonight. Let's see how this tactic will perform with Liverpool :).

 

Of course I'm more interested in seeing how it will work with other underdog teams.

Benevento would be a massive underdog test or Levante in La Liga and Huddersfield in the Barclays Prem.

Edited by solounamigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, knap said:

Have you tried counter or contain mentality away 

with limited success.  will report back soon!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, White Europe said:

hahaha

20180109140858_1.jpg

That is amazing. I certainly wouldn't expect such a result with Benevento.

Which version of ARGUS tactic did you use? Attacking or Control?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

untill january i was using Attacking at home and control away, and then change to control home and standard away for the second half of the season.

3 loan players in january are the only transfers

 

20180109180642_1.jpg

20180109180650_1.jpg

20180109180658_1.jpg

20180109180708_1.jpg

20180109180721_1.jpg

20180109180727_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor einer Stunde schrieb White Europe:

untill january i was using Attacking at home and control away, and then change to control home and standard away for the second half of the season.

3 loan players in january are the only transfers

 

20180109180642_1.jpg

20180109180650_1.jpg

20180109180658_1.jpg

20180109180708_1.jpg

20180109180721_1.jpg

20180109180727_1.jpg

Looks good!

I think that your results could be even better, if you've had used control always :).

I finished my squad building with Liverpool and I'm dominating everything. The last match vs Man United Dele Alli was sent off in the 6th minute ;).

20180109203620_1.thumb.jpg.1afced332f5777e2e68e6ead8fb3fe48.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, solounamigo said:

Looks good!

I think that your results could be even better, if you've had used control always :).

I finished my squad building with Liverpool and I'm dominating everything. The last match vs Man United Dele Alli was sent off in the 6th minute ;).

20180109203620_1.thumb.jpg.1afced332f5777e2e68e6ead8fb3fe48.jpg

looks good Solo.

with bit better players i would use control all the way, still very happy to get CL spot with the team who never played in serie A before and spend only one season in serie B in club history.

thumbs up for knap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is noticeable is that FM 17 everything was generally based on counter, now the full range of mentalities are working in the appropriate circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still rocking nearly everything with this tactic...

28 matches in league, 25 W / 2 D / 1 L

And I'm still doing full roatition to keep the squads morale high. Every month I'm doing squad meetings and I'm using team talks in the matches.

The best tactic so far, for top teams and for underdogs. Will keep you updated tonight, with some screenshots.

Thank you knap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely amazing. The second half of the season I switched to use Attacking at home and Control away.

I think for underdogs it's better to use only the control one, but if you've got a top team the attacking & control mix kills everything.

Absolutely speachless knap! 

 

20180111211008_1.thumb.jpg.4d89332773d6337b7b47f99df87250ea.jpg20180111211016_1.thumb.jpg.f35cf02d3c978271faf6221476dd7c46.jpg20180111211023_1.thumb.jpg.1884f81ce876b7b86026ada3c77447a7.jpg20180111211031_1.thumb.jpg.6f3ed5a718302438d79ed40e844b66a5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, solounamigo said:

Absolutely amazing. The second half of the season I switched to use Attacking at home and Control away.

I think for underdogs it's better to use only the control one, but if you've got a top team the attacking & control mix kills everything.

Absolutely speachless knap! 

 

20180111211008_1.thumb.jpg.4d89332773d6337b7b47f99df87250ea.jpg20180111211016_1.thumb.jpg.f35cf02d3c978271faf6221476dd7c46.jpg20180111211023_1.thumb.jpg.1884f81ce876b7b86026ada3c77447a7.jpg20180111211031_1.thumb.jpg.6f3ed5a718302438d79ed40e844b66a5.jpg

Amazing Solo...can I ask what training u used...I'm on FMT & in previous years training appeared different but I have a feeling it means something this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, solounamigo said:

My assistant is handling the complete training for me :)

Top man top man top man... :) well done again dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, solounamigo said:

Absolutely amazing. The second half of the season I switched to use Attacking at home and Control away.

I think for underdogs it's better to use only the control one, but if you've got a top team the attacking & control mix kills everything.

Absolutely speachless knap! 

 

20180111211008_1.thumb.jpg.4d89332773d6337b7b47f99df87250ea.jpg20180111211016_1.thumb.jpg.f35cf02d3c978271faf6221476dd7c46.jpg20180111211023_1.thumb.jpg.1884f81ce876b7b86026ada3c77447a7.jpg20180111211031_1.thumb.jpg.6f3ed5a718302438d79ed40e844b66a5.jpg

Didn’t you feel bad smashing Hannover in champ league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, solounamigo said:

Absolutely amazing. The second half of the season I switched to use Attacking at home and Control away.

I think for underdogs it's better to use only the control one, but if you've got a top team the attacking & control mix kills everything.

Absolutely speachless knap! 

 

20180111211008_1.thumb.jpg.4d89332773d6337b7b47f99df87250ea.jpg20180111211016_1.thumb.jpg.f35cf02d3c978271faf6221476dd7c46.jpg20180111211023_1.thumb.jpg.1884f81ce876b7b86026ada3c77447a7.jpg20180111211031_1.thumb.jpg.6f3ed5a718302438d79ed40e844b66a5.jpg

Do you use some OI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 8 Stunden schrieb McFly92:

Do you use some OI?

No mate, I don't use any OI.

But I'm talking to my squad every month and I'm looking always how to solve some problems. If someone unhappy because he wants to get some first team football or a new contract or something like that.

The next important thing is that I'm always doing team talks before the match, in the halftime and after the match.

I'm doing everything like in Artisans team talk guide described.

 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb wixta79:

Didn’t you feel bad smashing Hannover in champ league?

Yes, it was hard for me ;). But I was wondering how they were be able to reach the knockout stages..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
ARTISANS GUIDE
 
 
 
 
Pre-match Team Talks

I usually link this to my teams form and the pre-match analysis comments. Think about the analysis comments as a sort of summary from a TV show like soccer saturday or match of the day. It is definitely more accurate than the numerical odds you get a few days before the game and is usually different. It usually appears on the second screen on match day after the formations screen. Example below.
 

Home Games

I listed the some base scenarios that should sort of cover most situations. Listed evry situation is really tedious and I might update it later if need be.

Clear Favourites + Good Form : Expect A Performance (Aggresive or Assertive) + Pick Up where Left off for top performers in previous game

Favourite + Decent Form : Expect A Performance (Assertive) or For the Fans (Calm, Assertive)

Expected to Draw/Narrow Win + Previous good Game : Usually don't say anything or Pick Up where Left off for top performers in previous game.

Expected to loose Heavily: Usually don't say anything or No pressure (calm)

Rival Game or Cup Final/Semi: Expect A Performance (Passionate) if in good form or For the Fans (Passionate) in all other situations
 

Away Games

Clear Favourites + Good Form : Expect A Performance (Aggresive or Assertive) + Pick Up where Left off for top performers in previous game

Favourite + Decent Form : For the Fans (Calm, Assertive)

Expected to Draw/Narrow Win + Previous good Game : Usually don't say anything or Pick Up where Left off for top performers in previous game.

Expected to loose Heavily: No pressure (calm)

Rival Game or Cup Final/Semi: For the Fans (Passionate

 

Halftime Team Talk

As you would have expected, I link this to the halftime score and also individual performances. But I also link it back to pre match analysis as well to determine the tone that I use. I put players into 3 categories based on there rating (Bad < 6.8), (Average 6.8), (Good > 6.8), (Great > 7.2). I will start with the general team talk the talk about individual after

Clear Favourites + Winning by over 2 goals or more: Happy with Football being Played (Assertive)
Clear Favourites + Winning by a goal: Things are going well but could be better (Assertive) or Complacency (Calm)
Clear Favourites + Drawing:
Clear Favourites + Loosing: Expect Better (Aggressive) or Show me something Else (Aggressive)


Favourite + Winning by over 2 goals or more: Say Nothing or Happy with Football being Played (Calm)
Favourite + Winning by a goal: Say Nothing
Favourite + Drawing: Expect Better (Assertive)
Favourite + Loosing: Expect Better (Assertive, Calm) or Show me something Else (Assertive, Calm)


Narrow Win + Winning by over 2 goals or more: Happy with Football being Played (Assertive)
Narrow Win + Winning by a goal: Could be better (Calm/Cautious)
Narrow Win + Drawing: Could be better (Assertive)
Narrow Win + Loosing: Expect Better (Calm)


Expected to loose Heavily + Winning by 2 goals or more : Happy with Football being Played (Passionate)
Expected to loose Heavily + Winning by a goal : Happy with Football being Played (Calm)
Expected to loose Heavily + Drawing: Happy with Football being Played (Calm)
Expected to loose Heavily + Loosing: Show me Something Else if loosing heavily (Assertive) + No Pressure if narrowly loosing (Calm)


Individual Halftime

(Bad < 6.8) : Not Happy With performance (Assertive if Loosing) (Calm if winning)
(Average 6.8): No Individual Talk
(Good > 6.8) Have faith/there is more to come (Calm)
(Great > 7.2): Happy with performance (Assertive)



Post Match

Follows the same principle for the halftime team and individual team talks




This is it. Like he mentioned up above, once you are getting used to apply them you are getting routined to it. This guide has helped me in so many ways in so many different kind of divisions and it is been posted 3 years ag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

solounamigo 

can you post your team selection at Liverpool please and any other instructions you might have changed ? Thanks in advance !! cant wait to try this as Knaps have always been best tactics for me since years back now . been using Kungfu 343 but hopefully this is so much much better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marksmithlfc1234 said:

solounamigo 

can you post your team selection at Liverpool please and any other instructions you might have changed ? Thanks in advance !! cant wait to try this as Knaps have always been best tactics for me since years back now . been using Kungfu 343 but hopefully this is so much much better 

This is 100% better than Kung Fu 343....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just had my first loss with this, 15th game played 1st season with Spurs Arsenal at home, we had 3 ccc to their 0!

Had won every other game up to this point, not had results like this with any other tactic on this test base save.

Looking good so far.

Do you think it could be adapted to a 4-1-2-2-1 Knap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not see wide tactics being as good for performance, but they can  be adapted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey Knap, im ur Chinese fan! I have made a small adjustment for your Tactic GOODBYE343,Can you take the time to test it for me?

I removed 2 strikers,replaced Inside forward, i call it newKnap3421, i have tested a few games with Real Madrid,and the result is good.

5a4892d7b075a_2017-12-313_28_11.thumb.png.fe3db4cbe0602e8f832a15502a6a3470.png

5a4892e5ac665_2017-12-313_31_14.png.38178aa16d6595cb0b466393447a688d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 22 Stunden schrieb marksmithlfc1234:

solounamigo 

can you post your team selection at Liverpool please and any other instructions you might have changed ? Thanks in advance !! cant wait to try this as Knaps have always been best tactics for me since years back now . been using Kungfu 343 but hopefully this is so much much better 

I didn't change anything mate. As I already said, the morale, team talks and shouts are the most important thing in this game. I'm always playing with a first team and a second team (so there's a huge rotation), because that's the only way to keep the morale high. Every month I'm checking the "dynamics" screen of my team:

20180113125245_1.thumb.jpg.b705dbf3580892bb4c25c497c5039926.jpg

As you can see the values are great so far, but it could be even better. Marios will be sold in the winter break, so I don't mind. If he finds a new club, he's not concerned anymore. Joao Mario wants to leave, because he was requesting first team football. Actually he's getting a lot of matches, so that problem will be solved, too.

In my third season I decided to switch form Liverpool to Real Madrid, but here's a example for a typical first 11 match:

20180113124950_1.thumb.jpg.0c74b0acea25d7b80001a797f6ffc34a.jpg

Last but not least, some results with Real Madrid in my third season of my save: 

20180113124343_1.thumb.jpg.229d1ad0c8c856d1be7aef9b8e72c10e.jpg

Edited by solounamigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 12:31, knap said:
 
 
ARTISANS GUIDE
 
 
 
 
Pre-match Team Talks

I usually link this to my teams form and the pre-match analysis comments. Think about the analysis comments as a sort of summary from a TV show like soccer saturday or match of the day. It is definitely more accurate than the numerical odds you get a few days before the game and is usually different. It usually appears on the second screen on match day after the formations screen. Example below.
 

Home Games

I listed the some base scenarios that should sort of cover most situations. Listed evry situation is really tedious and I might update it later if need be.

Clear Favourites + Good Form : Expect A Performance (Aggresive or Assertive) + Pick Up where Left off for top performers in previous game

Favourite + Decent Form : Expect A Performance (Assertive) or For the Fans (Calm, Assertive)

Expected to Draw/Narrow Win + Previous good Game : Usually don't say anything or Pick Up where Left off for top performers in previous game.

Expected to loose Heavily: Usually don't say anything or No pressure (calm)

Rival Game or Cup Final/Semi: Expect A Performance (Passionate) if in good form or For the Fans (Passionate) in all other situations
 

Away Games

Clear Favourites + Good Form : Expect A Performance (Aggresive or Assertive) + Pick Up where Left off for top performers in previous game

Favourite + Decent Form : For the Fans (Calm, Assertive)

Expected to Draw/Narrow Win + Previous good Game : Usually don't say anything or Pick Up where Left off for top performers in previous game.

Expected to loose Heavily: No pressure (calm)

Rival Game or Cup Final/Semi: For the Fans (Passionate

 

Halftime Team Talk

As you would have expected, I link this to the halftime score and also individual performances. But I also link it back to pre match analysis as well to determine the tone that I use. I put players into 3 categories based on there rating (Bad < 6.8), (Average 6.8), (Good > 6.8), (Great > 7.2). I will start with the general team talk the talk about individual after

Clear Favourites + Winning by over 2 goals or more: Happy with Football being Played (Assertive)
Clear Favourites + Winning by a goal: Things are going well but could be better (Assertive) or Complacency (Calm)
Clear Favourites + Drawing:
Clear Favourites + Loosing: Expect Better (Aggressive) or Show me something Else (Aggressive)


Favourite + Winning by over 2 goals or more: Say Nothing or Happy with Football being Played (Calm)
Favourite + Winning by a goal: Say Nothing
Favourite + Drawing: Expect Better (Assertive)
Favourite + Loosing: Expect Better (Assertive, Calm) or Show me something Else (Assertive, Calm)


Narrow Win + Winning by over 2 goals or more: Happy with Football being Played (Assertive)
Narrow Win + Winning by a goal: Could be better (Calm/Cautious)
Narrow Win + Drawing: Could be better (Assertive)
Narrow Win + Loosing: Expect Better (Calm)


Expected to loose Heavily + Winning by 2 goals or more : Happy with Football being Played (Passionate)
Expected to loose Heavily + Winning by a goal : Happy with Football being Played (Calm)
Expected to loose Heavily + Drawing: Happy with Football being Played (Calm)
Expected to loose Heavily + Loosing: Show me Something Else if loosing heavily (Assertive) + No Pressure if narrowly loosing (Calm)


Individual Halftime

(Bad < 6.8) : Not Happy With performance (Assertive if Loosing) (Calm if winning)
(Average 6.8): No Individual Talk
(Good > 6.8) Have faith/there is more to come (Calm)
(Great > 7.2): Happy with performance (Assertive)



Post Match

Follows the same principle for the halftime team and individual team talks




This is it. Like he mentioned up above, once you are getting used to apply them you are getting routined to it. This guide has helped me in so many ways in so many different kind of divisions and it is been posted 3 years ag

Hi mate.

Just to be sure with the team talk. 

Expected to Draw/Narrow Win + Previous good Game : Usually don't say anything or Pick Up where Left off for top performers in previous game. 

Does that mean, that I dont have to tick any of the options, or does it mean to tick on the "I got nothing specific to say, you all know what to do out there" ? Hope you know what I mean, with my poor english :)

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would changing the Goalkeeper role make a big difference to the tactic? I have two keepers who both dont like the Sweeper Keeper defend role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no player in the Arsenal team that has a full green circle. If you changes all the roles so they are all green then the tactic would have little chance of working.

I would ignore role preference unless you find a specific issue, then consider the change and monitor the results.

In LL I often have players that are red in a role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knap I think you have broken FM again. Used this tactic with my United save where the goal is to develop a lot of youth players and made no transfers in the first season and still won everything.

league_argus_343_s01.thumb.JPG.d356275fb0e4d3a2b0a10a1121744fe2.JPG

Martial was a real beast on the right AF position.

Martial_Dominance.thumb.jpg.b4caa4aae49dca40e39a2baf37359ebf.jpg

Martial_Dominance_all_comps.thumb.JPG.00bbc9065d821c6175e534482c29953e.JPG

Edited by Flohrinho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knap said:

There is no player in the Arsenal team that has a full green circle. If you changes all the roles so they are all green then the tactic would have little chance of working.

I would ignore role preference unless you find a specific issue, then consider the change and monitor the results.

In LL I often have players that are red in a role.

Noted. Thank you for the response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tactic works a treat! Will report back end of season with full results:

RESULTS.png

 

- Edit - This just happened also.. Still first Season, still in the championship albeit romping home with it. And into the Semi's for the FA Cup also. Could a Leeds United triple be on the cards??

Carabao_Cup_Win.png
 

Edited by JJSaxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...