ARGUS 343 Knap FM18

1 hour ago, knap said:

Instant result should not be a problem, the key is scouting and free transfer players.

I only use Key highlights so seldom bother changing the tactic, but easy tackling can help.

This is team which shows I still do not have many green roles.

11343543_Screenshot(556).thumb.png.954715475b307ef7a4806068b1af36c3.png

what tactic that?

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 ora fa, knap ha scritto:

Instant result should not be a problem, the key is scouting and free transfer players.

I only use Key highlights so seldom bother changing the tactic, but easy tackling can help.

This is team which shows I still do not have many green roles.

11343543_Screenshot(556).thumb.png.954715475b307ef7a4806068b1af36c3.png

What do you mean for easy tackling?

Still ARGUS P102.

Take get stuck in off, change from hard to easy tackling, change BWM to CM as hard tackling is hard coded for BWM. TBH I don't bother but is an option if too many red yellow cards, but many other reasons and warning and fining helps reduce aggression. and helps with discipline.

As I use attribute masking I never consider player filters and they need changing depending upon level. I use scout reports or trials for expired contracts to find players

In LL I have used players with 1 determination and they play very well, may not be good for development but high determination is not even always necessary.

I tend to look at ability and potential and a few key attributes such as Pace and then a few for position. 

26 minutes ago, knap said:

As I use attribute masking I never consider player filters and they need changing depending upon level. I use scout reports or trials for expired contracts to find players

In LL I have used players with 1 determination and they play very well, may not be good for development but high determination is not even always necessary.

I tend to look at ability and potential and a few key attributes such as Pace and then a few for position. 

also if you get a red who do you take off 

1 hour ago, knap said:

Usually the middle forward position and I drop to contain if necessary.

I usually take off left or right AF with lowest game rating, so I have one poacher and one AF for attacking diversity.

Sometimes I feel I play even better with 10 men.

using am
Team Talks= yes during pre match and sometimes during half time if i win
Press conference= yes
Quick pick= no. player pick based on player's performance rating

Training= no

FM version:18.3.4
Database:18.3.0

Edited by saharsial

The player screen shows general key attributes.

I prefer tall fast defenders - Pace acceleration decisions  jumping strength Marking tackling heading bravery determination concentration anticipation positioning

Screenshot (584).png

I use attribute masking so filters do not work that well, and not sure they are of much benefit. I tend to just use the star system and scout reports for hidden attributes. I prefer just to look at a few key attributes such as pace acceleration and decisions and then positional attributes and the green positional dots.

FC Porto are a top side and the good player forum would have many ideas for good buys or finding newgens

The major problem with reaching PL is reputation is unrealistically slow to rise for transfers. The consequence is transfer targets ask silly wages then go to Championship sides on realistic wages (about  third less). Also even loan players prefer to play in Championship which makes even less sense. The 1st PL season the squad is just about a top League 1 side but I did spend £5m on a PL quality striker.

A couple of players that have been in squad from start.

1436805945_Screenshot(605).thumb.png.a254d535e692a3cef0d84fa1939561ec.png1279870795_Screenshot(602).thumb.png.d67f5e321966874a119b1c7d8c74ca35.png

and 2 from 2nd season, although probably only good enough to Championship.

2031949533_Screenshot(604).thumb.png.146448b16af2f7446cc5be050e7a1076.png479753515_Screenshot(603).thumb.png.385ca6897e7cf533293f259b7276b9a9.png

Edited by knap

No - even when they are not skinned they lose the ball cross goal. In fact by trying to sometimes correct defensive elements you weaken the attacking elements, so no  risk no reward.

No pre match instructions.

This is how I set up the responsibilities. I also set up a lot of easy friendlies say 6 more especially in early seasons when more trials.

981293695_Screenshot(608).thumb.png.00150663a011b7d831a0bd4a53ca8603.png

Edited by knap

I have used ARGUS 343 for all the Billericay seasons Home and Away. If you to change then use PILGRIMAGE 343 LPOOL P104 for Home games and ARGUS P102 for away games.