Sports Interactive Community
Andyk_94

FM 05 - Disappearing fixtures

I've just dug out an old hard drive and re-started an old FM05 game on my new laptop. Seems to be working fine until I save the game an reload it, then all the matches played since the last save on my old laptop (back in 2014) disappear from the fixture list (see attached, saved it after the Juve game in 2014 then played two games just now, saved it, exited and loaded it back up). This is only a minor annoyance for the most part but cup competitions have stopped progressing, presumably because when I go out an come back in, the game is expecting round x to be played before it can go onto round y and since the result for round x is missing, it never brings up the round y fixture.

Apologies if this is a stupid question or a known issue with a dedicated thread elsewhere but I couldn't see anything. Any ideas?

Cheers

Edit, found a similar query here but this doesn't seem to have fixed my issue. Each saved game file seems to do the same thing.

image.png

Edited by Andyk_94

I suspect that the issue is that the fixtures are being stored in temp files and perhaps your antivirus or cleaning app is deleting them as suspicious.  Start by adding FM and steam to the antivirus exceptions and dont use a cleaner without doing the same.

That makes sense, thanks. This might be a stupid question but where would those temp files be, I can't find any files in the temp folder which were edited more recently than when I set the game up....which might be because they haven't been saving...which might be because FM05 can't write to this folder because it requires admin privileges to write to the program files folder (so it seems)......

NAILED IT!

Cheers!