Sports Interactive Community
Azza2306

Transferring Succesful 17 to Poor 18

So my very successful tactic from FM 17 is struggling some what in FM 18. I have read @Rashidi's book which is how I came up with the tactic in the first place but I just seem to be struggling in all areas at the moment. Any thoughts, comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

Team instructions are in the screen shot Player instructions are as follows

GK - Roll it out to FB

FB - Get Further Forward

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 1.42.54 PM.png

CF on Support with 2 inside forwards loping inside, you need to think about getting some variety in attacks, plus is Woodburm suites as a CF?. Since you are not expecting the FBs to be very aggressive perhaps get one of the IFs to act as a Winger on Support and get the other to be an IF on attack?

A couple of points.

- You have no width at all really in this tactic. Inside forwards that are cutting inside, and fullbacks who do not get forward that much. If a team packs the middle against you, you may struggle. Indeed, it looks like you notice this and play much wider. However, there is noone wide, so you are just spreading your side out. That may also not be conducive to short passing.

- Your CM(A) and IF(S) on the left are trying to occupy the same space.

- How do you envisage creating chances? I can see one main way, which is the CF comes deep, gets the ball, and passes to one of the IFs, or the CM. So if your CF plays bad, you will not score. You maybe want to try to vary your attacking options.

A couple of points.

- You have no width at all really in this tactic. Inside forwards that are cutting inside, and fullbacks who do not get forward that much. If a team packs the middle against you, you may struggle. Indeed, it looks like you notice this and play much wider. However, there is noone wide, so you are just spreading your side out. That may also not be conducive to short passing.

- Your CM(A) and IF(S) on the left are trying to occupy the same space.

- How do you envisage creating chances? I can see one main way, which is the CF comes deep, gets the ball, and passes to one of the IFs, or the CM. So if your CF plays bad, you will not score. You maybe want to try to vary your attacking options.

@sporadicsmiles

Actually the fullbacks will give a good width to the tactic. Don't forget is playing with a high mentality (control), and with both IF playing with support duty, the fullbacks will get high enough to give width.

But, i agree with you and @Rashidi, about the winger and the "conflict" between the CM(a) and the IF.

Changing the IF to a W(s) on the left side will give more space for the forwards runs from the CM.

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

CF on Support with 2 inside forwards loping inside, you need to think about getting some variety in attacks, plus is Woodburm suites as a CF?. Since you are not expecting the FBs to be very aggressive perhaps get one of the IFs to act as a Winger on Support and get the other to be an IF on attack?

I saw your last ajax video where you have a aps on aml and a mez s next to him on cml , Is that not the same as having the ifs on aml as they both have the cut inside instruction?

7 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Woodburn doesn't usually play there, I'm not even sure how he got there. The fullbacks seem to still like to get forward I think due to there nature anyway, so while they don't bomb forward the definitely do make decent attacking runs. I did also think about changing one of them to a WB-S on the same side as the IF. Aside from the changes you suggested was there anything else that stands out?