EFL League 3 implementation help

N3XUS12

Hi,

I have never created a league in any FM editor before. The most advanced thing I have attempted is moving the old firm to league 2 (which worked, except from the fact they don't compete in the league cup, but anyway I digress).

Last year the FA were discussing creating a 'League 3' in English football and adding Celtic and Rangers to it. It didn't get the go ahead, but I want to go one step further.

I am looking to create a 'League 3' in the English system, so that I can incorporate the Scottish Prem/Champ into the English (or British, as it will become) football pyramid. I have already planned what clubs will go where, and this is how my system will look:

Premier League - 20 teams (3 Rs)

Championship - 20 teams (3 Ps, 3 Rs)

League 1 - 24 teams (3Ps, 4Rs)

League 2 - 24 teams (4Ps, 4Rs)

League 3 - 24 teams (4Ps, 4Rs)

Nat / Nat.N / Nat.S, and beyond...

I am struggling to implement the third league in its correct location in the tree. The game won't let me move onto advanced rules until I make the league tier 8 as opposed to my intended tier 5. So I am basically stuck and not really sure what I am doing.

Can this be possible without me having to recreate the entire English competition system? Because there is no way I could do all that without screwing everything up!

Cheers.

So how did you do it? Did you create rules from scratch, did you use basic rules or advanced rules?

Because basically what you want is:
- Rename existing leagues
- Add Scottish teams to the English pyramid
- Change the size of each division

You can do that with existing structure, convert to advanced rules immediately and change each division size. Although I'm not entirely familiair with the English competitions but you'll probably have to make some extra steps adding your reserves to the English reserve structure.

That is the question I am asking really, because I don't think I can implement what I want without having to start from scratch.

The problem is I want to add a 'League 3' to my pyramid, which does not currently exist. It would sit IN BETWEEN League 2 and the National League. This means that I am not trying to 'add competition below existing comps' but rather trying to sandwich a division in between currently existing divisions, if that makes sense?

I understand, but what did you do in the basic rules? If you add from existing structure then you can barely edit anything. So what did you edit upon now because if you can barely change anything in basic rules then it should just convert to advanced rules normally.

Archived