FM2009 - Official Arsenal F.C. Thread - The Home of Pure Football

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, glad to see everybody get so involved already!

Titi 14

I wanted to add some more info about Arsenal mate and in the first couple of drafts, I had. But I found that it was wavering from the main issue at hand here - FM09. I wanted to concentrate more on the analysis part as I didnt want to do a small one. I was keen on writing a bit about the Chapman, Bertie Mee and Graham eras as well but like I said, it just detracted from the main focus.

Thanx for the suggestion and if you have more, please dont think I'd just dismiss it without thinking about it. Its always good to have more feedback and I'd love to hear more ideas. :)

megafan2005

Who is this "Hulk" we're talking about???! :confused:

I'm playing the same 4-4-2 formation I did on 08... I've imported it..

ATM my only signings are Giovinco(£7m), Toulalan(£15m) and Sakho(£7m)..

Take a look at Davide Santon from Inter... He looks amazing:thup:..

Check out Alan Dzagoev too... You can get him for £5m ..

You guys must have been up early to have done two months already.

The weaknesses are the central defence and goal keeper, despite some good kids coming through.

Mirel Radoi is a definite purchase and one of my all time bargin palyer. A good defender with world class stats.

happy gaming

was up at half 8 n had already finished downloading it off the torrent :D

i believe the central defence is actually very strong and the goalkeepers ain't that bad maybe a young 1 for backup

as for the dmc position and rm thats a different matter very short in both positions

So far i've bought:

Srna - 15m

Veloso - 13m

Marcelo - 4.4m

Srna's stats look pretty decent, going to be playing him on the right wing, veloso will be playing in central midfield and marcelo will be back up for clichy but nasri just got injured so i might try him on left mid or maybe try van persie there, i'll see how it goes :)

So after scouring through about 100 players (som ridiculously bad ones) who start the game on youth contracts and can be signed for compensation or on the cheap, here is who my scouts have come back to me saying could become leading players or are better than what is currently there.

All values are estimated buying values and all are in pounds.

Ignacio Camacho MC 7million

Yohan Mollo AMR/L 2million

Dean Parret MC 2million

Eden Hazard AMC 2million

John Bostock AMC 2million

Jose Baxter AMC/FC 2million

Daniele Ragatzu AMC 2million

Lukman Haruna DM 2million

Mattia Destro ST 500k

Sankhare DM 4million

Jeremy Helan DL 1million

Tamer Abu Taha ST 2million

Said Mehamha DM 2million

Adem Ljalic AMRLC 2million

Courtney Harris MR 1.5million

Obviously these all came from scout reports so it has to be taken with a pince of salt as to how good they are or will become also prices may vary depending on whether theyve signed a new contract etc....

If you could have a look at them and see what you think that would be great, cheers. I could also have missed a few and i will be checking through the next 100 in a bit.

Hi, Long time viewer, first time poster. Thought i should give something back to the community and no better time then the release of the demo. Decided to use Arsenal as they have a respectable amount of cash and already a fantastic squad.

Transfers:

Emerson: On Loan for 6 months costing me 675k.

Palombo: 13M

Jesus Navas: 16.25M. Slightly overpriced possibly but didnt think walcott could cut it as first team.

Formations set up like,

Almunia

-Sagna-Toure-Gallas-Clichy-

---------Emerson--------

---------Palombo--------

Navas---------------Nasri

------Adebayor-RVP------

Been a successfull start to the season with 5 straight wins including a 10-0 win over Linfield. Also a good note is that i haven't conceded yet which im happy about. But the injuries are really starting to mount up and it's difficult to maintain a consistant squad. Does anyone know if these injuries are only during pre-season or do they continue throughout?

Archived