How Do I Promote My B Team To The Senior Division?

Cochino

Using the editor, I assigned a B Team for my club. The reason why I chose B Team over other options was because I want to have full control over the other team. Previous years, I used normal affiliated clubs but they would buy or sell players without my choice and I don't like that. From past experience, I know that when you unclick "Can't play in the same division" from the editor, the normal affiliated club can actually climb all the way up to the highest division and play matches against me (Can't go to European cups though). 

Is there a way to do the same for my B Team? Right now the game won't promote them even "Can't play in the same division" is unclicked from the editor. I discovered that there is this thing in the editor about nation rules and how high the B teams can promote but couldn't change it for some reason.  Long story short, I want my B team to be able to play in the same division as me and even join the European cups if possible. Can that be accomplished using the editor?

Ok so here's where I am right now,

1) I'm playing in Turkey and using the editor, I set Hacettepe (2nd Division Team - Stage 3) as my B team for Galatasaray (Premier Division Team - Stage 1). I figured out using the nation rules, I can promote my B teams, so that's good news (First screenshot). You can edit the league rules and verify the whole thing and it works fine.

5a4e8a3f1dac3_Screenshot1.thumb.png.db7a9ccc40fafde3756aa932625a6a7e.png

2) The problem now is, after I make this change and set Hacettepe as Galatasaray's B team, I get this error (Screenshot 2). So apparently when Hacettepe becomes a B team, the game won't create their U19 team that should've been competing in Turkish Second Division U19 league.

5a4e8ad7ebfd7_Screenshot2.thumb.png.e86c2d942c9db39de2d8cf436983ecb7.png

3) In order to solve this problem, I created a new Reserve team for Hacettepe so they can fill out the empty spot (Screenshot 3).

5a4e8bd734769_Screenshot3.thumb.png.c7ccb0ac79285c860946e7cc3d923cea.png

4) Now when I think everything should be fine, I run the verification tests again, the premiership and first division pass the tets. For the second division, first year passes but at the second year I get this error (Screenshot 4). So for whatever reason, the U21 league of the 1st league gets broken. 

5a4e8c2936747_Screenshot4.thumb.png.d3721dc1ef53df911a8194d2f78500a4.png

I have no idea why this happens. Just because I'm OCD, the team has to be a B team so I can control every aspect, they won't buy/sell players on their own, I get to pick their coaches/manager, etc. If I solve this problem, Hacettepe will be able to play in premier division if they promote 2 years in a row, but I'm still unsure about European cups. If anyone knows how to make B teams play in European cups, that would be a bonus for me.

One last info: What I wanna achieve is exactly like Barcelona and Barcelona B. If you control Barcelona, you can move players freely, you have the same board, you choose the manager for Barcelona B, you hire your coaches, etc. I tried changing the nation rules for Spain so Barcelona B can promote to La Liga and it works perfectly fine and I don't get any of the U21-U19 issues.

I fixed the problem, your thoughts were good but you just had to take one little step extra. Not your fault though, it's just how the editor thinks. I looked at the Turkish 2. u19 White group and it draws team using "get all teams from division, u19 team type, Turkish 2. White group". If you watch closely it draws teams like this:

Get all teams from division combined with u19 and the  Turkish 2. White group. This means it draws all u19s from the Turkish 2. White group. The difference however is that it does not draw from the Turkish 2. u19 White group. If it was then "get all teams from division" would be enough. So when you add an u19 to the Turkish 2. u19 White group it does not make any difference.

So what you get from this is that the problem lies in when it is creating the u19/21 teams from the first teams of the Turkish 2. White group. Now because you made that team a B-team the game also recognizes it as a reserve team. And the game does automatically create reserves for first teams but it does not automatically create reserve teams for reserve teams. So the game creates all the u19s from the first teams so it only recognizes 17 reserves to draw from. However like I said in the first sentence it is easily fixed because you just need to help the game by manually creating reserves for a B-team. This way the game can draw all the needed reserve teams.

You were in the right direction, you just needed to add both u21 and u19 in the Haceteppe reserve team section like this:

5a4eb2177c802_Turkisherrortest.thumb.jpg.d7738d3cf5f6608b2553cc9176cc39e2.jpg

I hope you get it working too, if not feel free to pm again.

Also, to overwrite the hardcoded rules for your Turkish Super League, make sure you use "override rules in code" or the more extreme "edited rules (override all original rules)" instead of "combined with rules in code" to force your rules into the game.

Archived