Adding transfer embargos not working

oulzac

So I've tried using the transfer_embargo.edt file in the 1810 folder. But it wont actually add them when I try to start a new save. I used the exact format in the example inside the file and changed the dates. But no matter what I do it wont start a save with the teams I selected having an embargo. What am I missing? I am not sure what the deal is. It just wont work. I've tried a bunch of things and it never works.

2 hours ago, KUBI said:

What dates did you change? If you want a embargo that starts for the first season it should start in June. 

I set them to start in June 2017:

Start - End - Appeal

"25/06/2017" "30/06/2050" "20/06/2017"

The 25th is one day before the game starts when using England start date. So the teams selected in the file should show as being under transfer embargo immediately. But they do not. I've even tried advancing a few days, nothing.

22 hours ago, KUBI said:

What happens if you set the appeal date to 2020 or later?

I'll give it a try in a bit. But the documentation I read on it said it has to be before it starts. Which is why it says 1900 in the example text in the transfer_embargo.edt  So I'm pretty sure this wont work, but I'll try it.

12 hours ago, KUBI said:

Does it work when you are setting it with the pre-game editor?

Seems to be my setup.

Interestingly when I loaded the pre-game editor all the teams had the embargo set already due to it reading the .edt file.  And in order for me to make an .fmf I had to make a change to each one so it saw it as an actual change. It did not work when loading the file in game however. I then deleted the .edt file and loaded the pre-editor. No one had them set. Then I manually set the embargo date for one team. That also didn't work. I then did a fresh install of FM on my laptop (everything prior was on my desktop with custom files) and used the one team only .fmf file. That worked on that install on my laptop. So there must be something in my desktop setup that is causing the issue. Maybe the license fix? I'll have to play around with it later to see if I can figure out exactly what is preventing that from working.

Archived