FMT Tactic Going OK - 4-3-3

Havent played FM or FMT for a while as I didnt have a device good enough, so I was stuck to FMM...  but playing FMT and after playing around and reading @Cleon posts etc I seem to have a good tactic which hopefully just needs a bit of tweaking.  So playing as Fiorentina now but played a season as Newcastle while I was messing around with the tactic and finished 7th, currently after 8 games with Fiorentina I have won 7 lost 1 but the loss was a test as I wanted to change something in the tactic...  anyway I play like this:

GK-D

FB-S  CD-D  CD-D  WB-S

BBM-S  CM-D  DLP-S

W-A  F9-S  IF-A

So like a 4-3-3-Wide formation

Instructions are:

Shorter passing (unless countering then I leave on mixed)
Work ball into box
Exploit the middle
Play narrower
Close down more
Get stuck in
Low crosses

I tend to play Control / Flexible if I am favourites and Counter / Structured if not, also if the opposition play with a player in the DM role I change to exploit the flanks, sometimes just the right if I am playing counter to getting the ball to my winger quickly, as going through the middle is less effective, if I am huge favourites for the game then I change to Attacking / Flexible.  When I used the tactic at Newcastle I had a Carr-S instead of BBM-S, but the BBM is much better, at least so far...  so the reasoning for the roles is this:

Left wing back support with width as the IF cuts inside, plus the DLP-S on that side holds position so helps cover for counter attacks, the BBM adds another body in and around the area and as I have a W-A on that side they dont conflict by running into the same space, hence the FB to add more defensive cover on that side as well.  The CM-D helps protect the CD-Ds I did try BWM-D but he got caught out to much and I like the flat 3 in midfield rather than the defensive triangle.

Upfront all three are scoring, I currently have Kluivert as the IF (my only signing) with Chiesa as the Wng and Simeone retraining as the F9, total goals for all three is 11 in 8 games, Simeone with 5 and Kluivert with 4, however Simeone has had 2 pens.

Anyway having some ok success so far so thought I would post to see what people think, any pointers to improve would be great, I havent played Napoli or Juventus yet and they have 100% records but beaten Lazio away and dominated the lesser teams.

Archived