PPM's boost attribute growth

*losestonon-league*

1) By this I mean, if I was to assign the PPM training of "gets forward whenever possible" the player may have an increase to attribute growth in work rate and off the ball, but may decline in positioning.

2) Alternatively, the PPM's may just do flat stat increases (+1 or maybe +2 to stats, nothing crazy) and only appear when the player has the certain PPM. Example,  "gets forward whenever possible" may boost work rate and off the ball by +1, but decrease positioning by a point or two, these changes revert if the player is told to forget the PPM (attributes go back to the prior amount before the PPM)

An Issue I thought of, is players with stats at 20 and at 1 with the second idea, this would break the system for those, because of the increase in stats would go past 20 or below 1, unless this is tweaked.

Let me know what you guys think, also note this isn't fine tuned.

There's one major problem. The PPM system then goes from being a system of tendencies for players to becoming a kind of redistribution tool. 

Some PPM's cannot be combined (usually the ones which would conflict, like I think for example playing with back to goal and tries to break the offside trap can't be combined) but think of ones such as moves in to channels, tries to break offside trap, gets forward whenever possible and tries first time shots. 

You'd be getting +'s with overlaps, so you might have moves into channels having +2 off the ball, tries to break offside trap +1 anticipation, +1 off the ball, gets forward whenever possible +1 work rate, +1 off the ball and tries first time shots +1 anticipation, +1 finishing. 

Yes it would need attributes to be redistributed from elsewhere, you end up with a system that lets people stack desirable/reduce undesirable attributes.

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

There's one major problem. The PPM system then goes from being a system of tendencies for players to becoming a kind of redistribution tool. 

Some PPM's cannot be combined (usually the ones which would conflict, like I think for example playing with back to goal and tries to break the offside trap can't be combined) but think of ones such as moves in to channels, tries to break offside trap, gets forward whenever possible and tries first time shots. 

You'd be getting +'s with overlaps, so you might have moves into channels having +2 off the ball, tries to break offside trap +1 anticipation, +1 off the ball, gets forward whenever possible +1 work rate, +1 off the ball and tries first time shots +1 anticipation, +1 finishing. 

Yes it would need attributes to be redistributed from elsewhere, you end up with a system that lets people stack desirable/reduce undesirable attributes.

thanks for feedback on the second system, I somehow didn't think of that, but that is why it is good to get other opinions

• 10 months later...

Archived