Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lem

ME not counting goal scored.

Seen this twice in the last week, the commentary clearly shows a goal - it flashes and follows up with something like "he's put it past the keeper/that was a devastating counter attack" but no goal is added, no disallowed goal commentary comes up and it does not show on the game timeline as either allowed or disallowed.
When you rewind and run the commentary again, all references to the goal are gone, replaced by standard game commentary.

Pretty major issue if the match engine displays a goal but doesn't count it.

Thank you for reporting on the forums @Lem,

Do you have a PKM of the match that this has happened to you? Are you playing on the latest update? I suggest you verify your cache data as well.

Are you playing single player or an online game?

More information the better for something like this please :) 

Cheers.

Nic

I'm on the latest update, and playing a single player offline game. I'll verify the game cache but don't have a PKM.
To be honest I wasn't sure it would show you anything as it seems to re-write the game commentary compared to what was displayed in real time.

I've since seen it do the same thing for a missed penalty (didn't show afterwards as a miss on the top bar, rewound the commentary and the penalty is no longer in the game commentary and doesn't show in the match report). I'll save a PKM next time I see it do this.

I'll be uploading a PKM tonight. This time the commentary stated the ball had gone out for a corner, but instead there was a goal given and showed on screen. I rewound the commentary to check and it still does not mention a goal, but it displays on the top bar and was counted.

I have also seen the same as OP, it happened a few times when playing on commentary only. A goal scored (and not disallowed) would sometimes fail to be registered, or a goal would be registered without any previous notification. I don't know if it's just a matter of notifications, anyway I encountered this on commentary only.

Sorry I couldn't see how to add the match engine number? But this is a PKM of the issue. The first West Brom goal in the game (think it was around 70 minutes) shows in the commentary as a corner then carries on, but a goal is awarded.

Commentary not matching bug.pkm

Have another example here. Huddersfield actually scored around the 70 minute mark, but as you can see it wasn't counted, not even a disallowed goal shows.

MissingGoal.pkm

And another one. McAuley scored just after half time but there's nothing in the commentary. Now that I'm paying more attention to the games, this seems to be happening with alarming regularity.

MissingGoal2.pkm

Hi @Lem

Thank you for going to the trouble of uploading PKMs. I have looked at your attached PKMs and the issues you are reporting are not showing up for me. Can you tell me more info so that I can try and recreate this internally please?

What highlight mode do you play in? What replays do you have on? And finally what camera are you using?

Also have you downloaded any custom skins or anything as this could effect the game? You could also load a saved game for me to play from as you and I can investigate from there.

Finally and just to make sure, if you haven't verified your cache as Nic said above then please do so.

Apologies for all the questions, but we are very keen to get to the bottom of this!

Cheers,

Dan

This has been happening to me repeatedly since leaving Chorley on my save and joining Preston. The past couple of times it has been an equalising goal for me within the last 10 minutes.

I am using a 4-4-2 formation.

I am on commentary only, 2d classic turned on, no replays, max speed on all. No custom skins, but do have face packs, kit packs and logo packs in use.

It could be player-specific, as this also happened to me using McAuley.

Can't upload save game as file is too big. I'm in year 2024.

Hi @jonythompson 

We suggest that you remove all of the packs that you have downloaded and then clear your cache as we believe this is the cause for the issues youre having. If you could also post a link from where you got these custom packs from that would be great.

Cheers,

Dan

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 09:27, Daniel Barrett said:

Hi @Lem

Thank you for going to the trouble of uploading PKMs. I have looked at your attached PKMs and the issues you are reporting are not showing up for me. Can you tell me more info so that I can try and recreate this internally please?

What highlight mode do you play in? What replays do you have on? And finally what camera are you using?

Also have you downloaded any custom skins or anything as this could effect the game? You could also load a saved game for me to play from as you and I can investigate from there.

Finally and just to make sure, if you haven't verified your cache as Nic said above then please do so.

Apologies for all the questions, but we are very keen to get to the bottom of this!

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks Dan,

I've verified the cache but this hasn't resolved the issue. I did think you'd struggle to see anything due to the way it displays something different than the finalised commentary, so there's not really any record of it and there doesn't seem to be any consistency in when it happens. I think the only way you'd see it is to play the game and watch the commentary. I've seen it with offsides, corners, goals(allowed and disallowed). Goals are most noticeable because of the commentary flashes though.

I only have one steam workshop subscription which is for Brazilian club names and is not active in this save. No skins, no editing.

Most settings will be default - Camera - Director, no zooms. Only Commentary set at Faster match speed during highlights and Very Fast between highlights. Replays goals only.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 15:21, jonythompson said:

This has been happening to me repeatedly since leaving Chorley on my save and joining Preston. The past couple of times it has been an equalising goal for me within the last 10 minutes.

I am using a 4-4-2 formation.

I am on commentary only, 2d classic turned on, no replays, max speed on all. No custom skins, but do have face packs, kit packs and logo packs in use.

It could be player-specific, as this also happened to me using McAuley.

Can't upload save game as file is too big. I'm in year 2024.

Weird coincidence! I'm thinking I probably didn't notice it before, or didn't believe what I'd seen, but McAuley is a recent addition so who knows!

This has happened to me countless times. Often goals don’t appear in commentary but show up on the scoresheet. I have also encountered numerous late goals being scored in commentary but not registering nor being shown as disallowed. When yoj review in highlights after it is re-written as if it didnt happen. I am in commentary only mode also.

Hi @kandersson 

Could you please attach a save game and a PKM so  I can try and reproduce this? I have not seen this happen in my testing. Out of interest do you have custom packs/skins downloaded?

Cheers,

Dan

22 hours ago, Daniel Barrett said:

Hi @kandersson 

Could you please attach a save game and a PKM so  I can try and reproduce this? I have not seen this happen in my testing. Out of interest do you have custom packs/skins downloaded?

Cheers,

Dan

Sorry I'm not prepared to do this at the moment, I have a pretty poor internet connection and it takes me ages to upload a save game, the last time I did so (for a different bug) I didn't get any feedback so I don't really feel motivated, especially as this is only one of a number of bugs reported (by me or other users) months ago that have not been fixed as of 18.3. Raising and reporting a bug for you guys to investigate is really the best i can do right  now.

My suggestion would be to set up a save with a top club, play a number of friendlies against very weak teams (thus scoring a lot of goals and having more chances to reproduce the issue) on commentary only (very fast) and see if this happens. That's what I'd do.

Hi @kandersson 

I am trying to help you and as I explained to you, I have not seen what you reported in my testing. You also have not answered my question on if you have any custom skins/packs downloaded.

Cheers,

Dan

@Daniel Barrett the issue is the same as reported months ago, other people have provided pkm's and detailed information and unfortunately this couldn't be fixed or even reproduced in your testing. It's a somewhat minor bug as it seems to happen on very fast commentary only, it's not super frequent and also hard to spot for a player (as the commentary is quite fast). But it's there otherwise i wouldn't waste time to report this again. Now I see 18.3.3 is out and I doubt there will be another update or hotfix in the future so it is what it is, it's a bug that has been present in the game for months (I think  since 18.2)  and unfortunately it's not the only one.

Fwiw the last time that I encountered this I was on 18.3.2, no custom skins or packs, it was a friendly match and it was a penalty kick scored by Cyril Thereau (Fiorentina) which made it easier for me to spot the issue.

31 minutes ago, kandersson said:

@Daniel Barrett the issue is the same as reported months ago, other people have provided pkm's and detailed information and unfortunately this couldn't be fixed or even reproduced in your testing. It's a somewhat minor bug as it seems to happen on very fast commentary only, it's not super frequent and also hard to spot for a player (as the commentary is quite fast). But it's there otherwise i wouldn't waste time to report this again. Now I see 18.3.3 is out and I doubt there will be another update or hotfix in the future so it is what it is, it's a bug that has been present in the game for months (I think  since 18.2)  and unfortunately it's not the only one.

Fwiw the last time that I encountered this I was on 18.3.2, no custom skins or packs, it was a friendly match and it was a penalty kick scored by Cyril Thereau (Fiorentina) which made it easier for me to spot the issue.

No one in this thread has provided a save game from what I can see, just PKMs which aren't reproducing the issue. This issue is likely dependent on having specific match settings which is why Dan asked for a save game, so it can be tested on exactly the same settings that you're using. It's very important for us to be able to reproduce any bug in-house since it makes it much easier for devs to work out what's going on. Thanks.

@Jack Joyce as customers we try to help as much as we can but at the end of the day we are in fact paying customers that are reporting bugs of a game we have already paid good money. People have reported this bug and provided detailed information months ago. These are people who are not paid to fix the game, they're people who have paid to play the game. For some people (including me) uploading a save takes a lot of time and btw I always have issues with filezilla. So we try to raise and report bugs and explain hoping you can fix them. People can also get frustrated because that's what happens when you pay for something that reveals unexpected flaws (and unfortunately there have been more than a few this year) as maybe in their view these flaws shouldn't have been there in first place. So when you try to help these people, remember you're really helping your game, your company and yourselves. Personally this particular bug doesn't bother me that much, I did encounter this again on 18.3.2 and thought you might be interested to know it's still there. One that bothers me a lot is this for example:

I appreciate it's not an easy job to fix these bugs, but in no case I will feel at fault if you cannot fix them. I can tell for sure because it's not my job and I don't get paid for this. Thanks for your attention.

Hi,

I think the problem lies with watching games in the only commentary view the problems I have come across are,

Goals are scored yet don't show in score and no disallowed goals shows in commentary or match report, no mention off the incident at all

Goals will show up with no commentary you can be 1-0 up look at score and it be 1-1, the issue with this one I think could be when making a sub or tactical change or even a touchline instruction the goal is scored when its making the changes but it does not show in commentary which is frustrating as I use touchline 'shouts' quite a lot especially 80th min telling the team to concentrate

another issues which happens everytime is when making a sub at HT when the game kicks off the substituted player comes up in the commentary as making a pass.

The first 2 issues are completely random you can go 5 games and see nothing then can have 2-3 games in a row which it effects.

I play with a friend offline (we share laptop) mostly but it has happened to me with only 1 human manager, I use only commentary on every match on nearly full speed and I don't have any custom skins or packs added, I am also using the latest patch and near the end of my 2nd season. I am currently at work so unable to upload anything till later.

This issue still happens requently for me as described by many users above...commentary mode only