Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy71

Number of active leagues used?

Hello fellow managers,

I've just purchased this years' version and am about to start my career (probably as Arsenal). Before I do however, I was wondering how many leagues (and which ones) you guys have in your game. Also, could someone tell me, is it the amount of RAM that mainly dictates the number of leagues your system can run?

Many thanks. And all the best for the new year!

Grant. 

Edited by Cowboy71

The game doesn't seem to take up much RAM with all leagues loaded. 2.2 GB for my 5 year old save. (Number of players loaded can slow transfer windows down a bit.)

Detail level is the main issue, but not in RAM, but in cost of processing other teams matches.

If you don't select maximum detail level for the other leagues, the teams won't have played full matches, but use a faster and very unrealistic way to decide who wins matches. The game does have to do a massive amount of calculation if you go with full detail + loading everything, so it take a lot longer to pass the time.

The good thing is that you can change detail level at any time, so you can try different setups.

Hey,

Thank you for the reply. I think I've missed something; where can I adjust league detail to max?

Grant.

In the FM drop down menu in a running game, it has "Detail level".

Game creation confuses me, so not sure how detail level is set at that time.