Is this a scam

Would certainly be a risk, especially since , if my early morning calculations are correct, there would be 900 competitors, meaning that they'd lose 1k on the venture, even if they had full sign-up, which of course they wouldn't. (Not to mention the expense of hiring the venue). So, yeah, they're either scammers or really thick, (or I'm thick and missing something which is as always a strong possibility).

Hold on, I did miscalculate.

720 players. That's even worse.

Of course, if you calculate backwards with 4 players making it through each of 4 rounds, that makes 2,000 competitors, (and 100 first round competitions, not the 36 'qualifying days' they claim). 

Still, they've allowed themselves a whole 14 days before the first event, to get the first people signed up, the leagues designed, online games organised (for a game that lacks a fully rolled out online version) etc, so plenty of time.

As it states very clearly in that link, this has absolutely nothing to do with SI, SEGA, or Football Manager, so you should approach this with caution before parting with any cash, as you would with any advert.

I will leave this open for now in case others can throw more light on it.

Archived