Not feeling confident on my tactics

I am playing as Groningen in the Netherlands.

5a4816ced43ab_FCGroningen_Oversikt.thumb.png.ca09991eb8d3accce02373e66d2e1a81.png

Above is how I have it set up, and below is my results so far.

5a4817d4a113a_FCGroningen_SeniorMatches.thumb.png.b82023954617b3d01e1fe3c475db4240.png

I am aiming for top half of the table, but I am near the bottom, of course this is very early, but I feel I should have gotten better results than I have. I will however say that 2-1 against Ajax isn't a bad one though.

I am rotating the squad a bit, so who is picked can be sub optimal at this point though because of that.

Mahi who is good are currently injured.

I guess what I am wanting is feedback on how well I have done or not :)

8 hours ago, BrumBrumBrum said:

Above is how I have it set up,

Okay, but why have you set it up that way? How are you aiming to play, ie how are you defending, building up play, who are the intended goal scorers and who's providing assists etc? It helps a lot to know how you want to play and why you selected the roles and duties etc.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Okay, but why have you set it up that way? How are you aiming to play, ie how are you defending, building up play, who are the intended goal scorers and who's providing assists etc? It helps a lot to know how you want to play and why you selected the roles and duties etc.

I plan to play fairly offensive, but since I am Groningen, I don't want to get overboard, so I have the mentality set to standard. The attack plan is for my two center midfielders to feed my vings to provide my striker with passes. Therefore I have two offensive midfielders to be up there.

To help with the gap I have chose to have two wingbacks to help cover that space.

Some of the roles are picked sort of because of my players natural roles, perhaps that isn't the best?

I don't like how you have most of your team on individual roles, how does it affect your team when you change a player?

I'd like more variety on the flanks or your patterns of play will be limited, and if it doesn't work there's not really another route to goal.

Your team is going to be aiming for the TM, plus you have two DCB who play direct.  Unless you counter with the TM knocking it through for a winger your probably going to rely heavily on crossing.

Why tell your team to exploit both flanks?  Why not just use a attack duty and let them team choose the best passing option?

What do you think Retain Possession and Pass Into Space does?

I would say drop the instructions and focus on the mentality, roles and duties  it feels like a tactic that will rely on counter attacks but isn't setup to do it. So many defend+support duties feels like a possession tactic but its not setup for that either. If you want a low risk team tell them that with the mentality, if you want deeper players to be more defensive and the forwards more attacking tell them using team shape. 

Ah Lars Veldwijk - I wonder what happened to him as he did nothing at Forest :D.

Anyway I agree with everything summatsupeer has said. Think about how you want to play first then maybe we can point you towards that direction. At the moment your tactic looks very possession based, rigid and offering little offensive penetration. 

Just a quick glance and your roles look ok but I think the DM(s) and DLP(d) need to change what ever system you’ll play. The DLP looks like he’ll be suffocated for room to go about his thing by the DM pushing into midfield.

Archived