How to give FM 18 the FM 17 Match day skin

jaylove82

Apologies if this has been covered - I'm not very tech literate :)

I loved the match day skin 'split'5a461db8d7e81_ScreenShot2017-12-29at10_48_53.thumb.png.f63acfdb374129e07d27bafb2c81a403.png5a461db8d7e81_ScreenShot2017-12-29at10_48_53.thumb.png.f63acfdb374129e07d27bafb2c81a403.png5a461db8d7e81_ScreenShot2017-12-29at10_48_53.thumb.png.f63acfdb374129e07d27bafb2c81a403.png used in the previous versions of the FM series (see my attachment) but i'm having trouble working out how to achieve it on my FM 18 version.

I'm using a Mac 

Thanks in advance

J

On 29/12/2017 at 12:50, wkdsoul said:

I tried the mod but I can’t get the match overview screen to display the large team names, scores and kits like in the image on the left on the original post. Do you have to go through the advanced instructions as well? This is for when the match is running (not afterwards or revisiting the result at a later date)

thanks

11 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Sorry , your text cut off at the end. So you download the mod and put it in the appropriate folder, clear cache and reload skin and then select overview and then does it appear? Mine just displays the basic score and scorers with no kits, ta

On 30/12/2017 at 20:42, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You need to turn off the widgets and then turn on the in-between highlights panel from the settings cog on the match screen.

Sorry to mither mate but is there anyway to make those panels just for the match in-between highlights be a little more transparent? Just that one though, I’m fine with other panels in the game. Appreciate you helping me out with all the stuff so far 

12 hours ago, beanos36 said:

Sorry to mither mate but is there anyway to make those panels just for the match in-between highlights be a little more transparent? Just that one though, I’m fine with other panels in the game. Appreciate you helping me out with all the stuff so far 

As it looks like you are using a custom skin it will largely depend on what changes the skinner has made, there are two files you may need to edit

first is the 'match in between highlights panel' xml file found in the panels/match folder in that you will need to change the container classes for each panel locate the code that looks like this:

<container class="bordered_box">

And change it to something like:

<container class="plain_box">

Or if you want more control change it to something like this:

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/transparent/paper" >

And change the appearance bit to point to a graphic that has the right level of transparency, you then need to repeat this for each panel in that file.

You may also need to edit the 'client object viewer selector match' xml file found in the panels\client_object folder (which you may need to extract from the default files) if the inner parts aren't transparent enough and do the same in that file locate this line;

<container class="inner_titled_box" id="SUBP">

And either change the class to a more transparent box type or add the appearance bit if you have a file you want to use.

7 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

As it looks like you are using a custom skin it will largely depend on what changes the skinner has made, there are two files you may need to edit

first is the 'match in between highlights panel' xml file found in the panels/match folder in that you will need to change the container classes for each panel locate the code that looks like this:

<container class="bordered_box">

And change it to something like:

<container class="plain_box">

Or if you want more control change it to something like this:

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/transparent/paper" >

And change the appearance bit to point to a graphic that has the right level of transparency, you then need to repeat this for each panel in that file.

You may also need to edit the 'client object viewer selector match' xml file found in the panels\client_object folder (which you may need to extract from the default files) if the inner parts aren't transparent enough and do the same in that file locate this line;

<container class="inner_titled_box" id="SUBP">

And either change the class to a more transparent box type or add the appearance bit if you have a file you want to use.

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the files and they already have those lines in it except the end line points towards paper2 for the appearance. So i'm guessing that if i want to make it more transparent i would have to edit the paper2 file with a program that has transparency editing?

19 hours ago, beanos36 said:

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the files and they already have those lines in it except the end line points towards paper2 for the appearance. So i'm guessing that if i want to make it more transparent i would have to edit the paper2 file with a program that has transparency editing?

Yes if the skin has already changed the files you just need to edit the graphics, if your not sure how have a read of this guide:

54 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yes if the skin has already changed the files you just need to edit the graphics, if your not sure how have a read of this guide:

Would this work for a Mac? I have a MacBook and it looks like it’s for windows, thanks

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Instructions should be the same, though I don't think paint.net has a MAC version so you'd need to find an image editing program for the MAC that supports transparent png files.

Okay, thanks again mate. I think preview for Mac has the built in tools, cheers

• 4 weeks later...

beanos36   - I love how your background looks - how do you get the image of the host stadium in the background

michaeltmurrayuk - despite your kind efforts, and although i'm pretty sure i've followed the instructions, i'm still left with this un inspiring interface :)  It would be great if I could get the home stadium image in the background like beans 36 has the image of deep dale in the background, rather than the green 2d pitch I currently have

I think i'm putting the downloaded folder in the correct folder, see below

But when I go to the 'skin' option on the 'preferences section of the homepage, an alternative skin option does not show

I'm really sorry about this but i'm really at a loss - this is the longest I've not played the game in 20 years and i'm freaking out :)

Would appreciate any further help

Thanks

J

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 08.07.35.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 08.18.27.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 08.20.08.png

8 hours ago, jaylove82 said:

beanos36   - I love how your background looks - how do you get the image of the host stadium in the background

michaeltmurrayuk - despite your kind efforts, and although i'm pretty sure i've followed the instructions, i'm still left with this un inspiring interface :)  It would be great if I could get the home stadium image in the background like beans 36 has the image of deep dale in the background, rather than the green 2d pitch I currently have

But when I go to the 'skin' option on the 'preferences section of the homepage, an alternative skin option does not show

I'm really sorry about this but i'm really at a loss - this is the longest I've not played the game in 20 years and i'm freaking out :)

Thanks

J

Not sure what you are wanting to do as your files and screenshots don't match with what you say you want.

If you want the IBH mod you need to turn on the in between highlights panel from match settings panel, however backgrounds will not show on that panel - if you want backgrounds with that panel then you need this mod:

But you also need to follow the instructions later in the thread to enable backgrounds on the pitch however this means you will only be able to use commentary only mode.

If you are just wanting the background to show on the widgets like in your screenshot, then you don't need any mods just drag one of the widgets to the corner of the screen so you get the option to dock it then pin the widget, dock the other widgets and then expand the dock area to fill the screen and the backgrounds will appear.

To get the stadiums to show you need to download a background pack that includes matchday stadiums should be some threads in the forum and more on various fansites.

15 hours ago, jaylove82 said:

Thanks

J

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 08.18.27.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 08.20.08.png

Yeah mate, make sure you download and apply the mod that michael murray has mentioned in the above post. There is a line that you need to edit out/remove like he has put earlier in the post, that will show the background pics, then just make sure you turn on the in between highlights panel, i kept forgetting to do this at first until i was helped with it. Brilliant site for help, i'll be happy to help as well if you get stuck, cheers

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2018 at 10:31, jaylove82 said:

Thanks guys.  Think i'm nearly there ;)

@beanos36   which match day stadium pack did you use to get the match day stadiums in the background?

Many thanks

J

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 10.31.15.png

Sorry mate, only just seen this. Probably too late for you now but i think i downloaded each league seperately from fm scout and sortitousi

• 4 months later...

Archived